TurboTax is prominent software amongst the taxpaying class, known for providing benefits on filing annual tax returns and tax preparation. This surely eases the process of filing the tax returns without much trouble. TurboTax has different versions for different kinds of taxpayers, and thus, the steps for the same vary depending on the version you have. If you are wondering, how to install TurboTax? Well, the process is relatively simple. To help you understand in a better way, we have covered the steps for each version separately.
How to Install TurboTax On Windows?
To avail the advanced features and amazing services of TurboTax, you need to install it. For doing so, you must proceed with the below-given steps:
Note: Before you begin to install TurboTax, make sure to have a stable internet connection
- At first, go to the installturbotax.com
- Sign in if you already have an account, otherwise click on Create Account.
- Now, click on the download option.
- Once the download completes, open the Download folder or the exact location where you have downloaded the TurboTax Installer.
- Double-click the TurboTax Installer and select the install option.
- Once the installation process completes, click on Finish.
- Next, enter your installation key, and then click on Next.
- At last, choose the Activation Method.
How to Install TurboTax on Windows 10?
To download TurboTax on Windows 10, proceed with the below-given steps:
- Make sure to close all the programs running in the background of your system and disable firewall and antivirus temporarily.
- After that, insert the TurboTax CD in the computer’s optical drive and click on Run setup.exe.
- If you have downloaded the copy of TurboTax online, double click the installer option followed by Next.
- Further, click on I Agree to comply with the End User License Agreement.
- Moving ahead, click on the Change option and select a different folder to install the software in a different system location.
- If you don’t want to send an anonymous performance report to Intuit, then, unmark the Sure, count me in the checkbox.
- At last, click on Install to complete the whole procedure. It might take around 3-5 minutes.
Steps On How to Install TurboTax on Windows 10 with CD:
By following the below-mentioned steps, you will be able to install TurboTax on Windows 10 with CD:
- Firstly, close all the programs running in the background, including virus protection program and firewall.
- Then, switch the installed version and click on the downloaded file to open it.
- Alternatively, search for your downloaded file and insert CD into the CD driver of your computer
- Right after following the above steps, the installation will begin automatically. If it doesn’t, you can try following the below steps: and if this does not happen, then follow the below steps:
- Press Windows + R key simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Click on browse and then go to the TurboTax CD from CD/DVD/RW Drive, especially Drive D.
- Double click on the setup.exe file and click OK to launch the installer.
Here’s How to Install TurboTax on Windows 10 without CD:
If you want to download TurboTax on Windows 10 without CD, then you can try following the below-given steps:
- At first, close every program that is running in your system and your current browser as well.
- Now, disable the antivirus programs.
- Then, go to the official website of TurboTax. From there, click on the download link and select the TurboTax software that you want to purchase.
- Once selected, click on download and follow the steps that appear on your screen.
How to install TurboTax on Windows 7 & 8?
While the minimum system requirements of TurboTax are Windows 8 and higher, still you can install it on Windows 7 or newer. However, this is only applicable for TurboTax 2019 and older versions. According to Intuit TurboTax, Microsoft won’t be able to provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7 from January 14th, 2020 onwards. The decision was taken considering the security of customers’ personal information such as their social security number, and bank account information.
Note: Microsoft recommends that Windows 7 users must upgrade to Windows 10. For the tax year 2020 filed in 2021, the Windows 7 users will have to use the online version of TurboTax 7.
Can you use TurboTax on Windows 8?
Well, one cannot use TurboTax on Windows 7; but it’s possible for you to install TurboTax on Windows 8. For doing so, follow the below-given steps:
- To install from a download, double-click the downloaded file to open the installer.
- If installation does not start automatically after you insert the CD into your computer’s CD drive, proceed with the below-given instructions:
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys to open the Run Window.
- Click browse and go to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive.
- Double click the setup.exe file to initiate the installation.
- When the message ‘Your Product is installed, now let’s activate it’ displays on your screen, enter your license code in the License code box.
- Then, click on continue to complete the installation.
Summing It Up!
We hope the above-mentioned steps would have answered your query, how to install TurboTax and you would have installed it without much trouble. However, if due to any reasons, you’re still stuck with the same query, we would suggest you get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.
Related Search Terms
How do I install the TurboTax software for Windows?
Installation and running TurboTax for Windows