TurboTax is one of the well-known tax preparation applications that help taxpayers record their state and federal taxes on their own. It is highly preferred by users for its seamless tax preparation framework. And, is a great help for those who aren’t familiar with the tax filing system. However, many times you might encounter TurboTax login issues while accessing the application. To help you resolve it, you can follow the troubleshooting solutions listed ahead in this blog.
Why Is My TurboTax Login Not Working?
There are several reasons that can result in TurboTax login issues. To help you get aware of these, below we have mentioned some of the common causes:
- Configuration glitches in the system.
- You might have forgotten your TurboTax password.
- The TurboTax password might have expired.
How To Troubleshoot Can’t Sign Into TurboTax Issue?
There are several ways that can help you resolve the TurboTax login issues. But before you do so, try following the
Solution 1: Try uninstalling and reinstalling the TurboTax software
It’s important for one to have administrative rights to uninstall TurboTax. However, the steps may vary depending on how you’ve set up your Windows operating system preferences.
- Firstly, close TurboTax.
- Then, click on the Windows icon and go to the Control Panel.
Note: In Windows 8, access the Control Panel from the Power User menu that you may open by pressing the WIN + X keys simultaneously.
- Now, click on Uninstall a program. If this option didn’t appear, then select Programs and Features.
- Scroll down to the TurboTax version that you want to remove, select it and then, click on Remove, Change, or Uninstall option.
- At last, click on the Uninstall TurboTax option from the Repair/Uninstall TurboTax screen.
To reinstall TurboTax, follow the steps mentioned below. Also, your tax file is not affected if you reinstall the TurboTax application.
- Click on the Windows icon and select Control Panel.
- Windows 8: You can access the Control Panel from the Power User menu.
- Windows 7/8/10: Select Uninstall a Program.
- Scroll down and select TurboTax followed by Remove, Change, or Uninstall option.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall TurboTax.
- Further, restart your computer and install your TurboTax CD or download.
- Lastly, update TurboTax.
If the above solution didn’t help you fix TurboTax login issues, then you must jump to the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2: Clear the cache & cookies
Whenever you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them can fix the majority of errors like TurboTax login issues that take place due to loading or formatting issues on sites.
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- Then, click on More followed by More tools and Clear browsing data.
- After that, choose a time range from the top.
- Further, click on All time to delete everything.
- Make sure to mark the Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files checkboxes.
- At last, click on Clear data.
Solution 3: Perform an account recovery process to resolve the TurboTax login trouble.
No doubt, the account recovery process can be a bit cumbersome but unfortunately taxes are mandatory. Therefore, you have to recover your account to pay them, else it triggers TurboTax login issues. If you forget the credentials of your email account or lose the password associated with your TurboTax account, it can put you in a lot of trouble with the IRS. Thus, you need to fix it immediately.
Note: Before you go ahead with the account recovery process, make sure to have a strong internet connection.
- Restart your computer and open the TurboTax software.
- Go to the Accounts Recovery Page. There, you’ll be prompted to recover your password through three procedures.
- There, you’ll have to submit your email, phone number and answer a security question.
- Once you enter the above details, you will be provided with on-screen instructions that you have to follow.
- If you choose to recover the password through email, you will receive a link and a code. Click on the link, it will redirect you to a page where you have to enter the code when asked.
- If you prefer to recover the password through your phone number, you will have to undergo the same two-step verification process.
Here’s How To Change TurboTax Account Password
You might come across instances where you would have to change your TurboTax password for various reasons like your TurboTax account might have been hacked. Another reason is when you have to share your login credentials with someone who could help you in filing a tax return. To change the TurboTax login password, you must proceed with the below-mentioned steps:
Note: If you’re logged in to your TurboTax account and want to change the old TurboTax password; then, log out of your account and go to Account Recovery.
- Firstly, log into your account for changing the TurboTax login credentials and then, select the Intuit account.
- Under the Sign in & Security menu, click on Edit next to either User ID or Password.
- Then, enter your new password and click on Save.
Steps To Change TurboTax Account Username
If you’re looking for a way that can help you change TurboTax login username, then the below-listed steps can surely be a help:
- Firstly, log in to your TurboTax online account and then, click on Intuit Account to open the Account Settings option.
- Then, click either on Profile or Security.
- Click on the Profile tab, from there select the Edit option and follow the on-screen instructions to change TurboTax login username.
- Click on the Security tab, and select the Edit option, located at the right-hand side of your password to change TurboTax password.
- Lastly, enter the new username or password and click on Save.
How To Change Your Email Address On TurboTax 2021?
Follow the below-given steps if you want to change the TurboTax email address:
- Log into your Intuit account and go to the Profile tab.
- From there, click on Edit and enter your new TurboTax login email address and password.
- At last, click on Save.
Creating A New TurboTax Account
There might come a point where you might think of creating a new TurboTax account altogether. If yes, proceed with the below-given steps:
- Make sure to have a stable internet connection.
- Open a web browser and go to TurboTax’s website.
- Then, click on create a new account option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the details like email address, user ID, phone number, and password.
Get Expert Help To Fix TurboTax Login Error!
We hope the troubleshooting solutions listed in this blog would have helped you fix TurboTax login issues without much trouble. If you’re still stuck with the same issue, then we would suggest you reach out to our experts by giving us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.
Related Search Terms
Why Can’t I Log into My TurboTax Account, Unable Login to TurboTax business account,