QuickBooks keeps up with technology, which makes it the most sought-after software to handle the accounting and financial needs of businesses. Among the recent advancements in QuickBooks, cloud adaptability is the most admired one. At present, QuickBooks can be hosted on the cloud in two ways. That are QuickBooks Hosting (Intuit-authorized third party) and QuickBooks Online (Intuit’s Online Version). With detail into QuickBooks Hosted Server, the next query lies with “How does QuickBooks cloud computing work”? And that is what we will be discussing today in this blog.
Have More Queries Related to QuickBooks Desktop Cloud Computing? Call QuickBooks Hosting Support Number at +1(855) 738-0359 for Answers.
Types of Cloud Computing Services
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Platform as a service (PaaS)
- Software as a service (SaaS)
What is the Process of QuickBooks Desktop Version Cloud Computing?
The cloud computing process to host the QuickBooks application has been described below, and irrespective of which service provider you opt for, it remains nearly constant.
- The QuickBooks Application’s licensed copy is installed on the server of the service provider. It also saves costs on the part of the business, who would have to install servers and a new workforce for the same.
- The user of the QuickBooks License is provided with access to the server through internet use, but with specific configurations for security purposes.
- Proper security steps are deployed to secure the application.
- Connectivity between the end-user device and the server is accomplished using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) that can be configured to log in as the desired user.
- The server is customized to be accessed from any device (smartphone, tablet, desktop, etc.) working on different Operating Systems/platforms (Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, etc.)
- The application gets online and hence, is accessible through the Internet via a web browser or through RDP shortcut. There is no bar of time and place. Apart from accessibility plus point of cloud computing, the features and functionality remain similar to QB Desktop.
- The changes made during the working of an application when it is on the cloud are automatically saved and reflected by authorized users.
Does QuickBooks Use Cloud Computing?
The QuickBooks Online is the cloud computing version of Intuit. With the benefit of cloud computing, it tries to incorporate the features of QuickBooks Desktop but lacks in certain areas.
Note: Even though Cloud Computing is evolving, people have preferred the Desktop version over QBO. Then the third option comes with QuickBooks hosted by third-party, which is best among all, vesting the benefits of QuickBooks Desktop with cloud hosting.
QuickBooks Online works entirely on the servers of Intuit, and users are not given the choice of hosting service in this case. Updates to QuickBooks Online are mostly applied instantly, and you are availed with the latest features.
Modes of QuickBooks Cloud computing
In cloud-computing, an atmosphere is a setup that is similar to hosting in multi-user mode. The host computer has the company files, and from there, access is provided to another computer (users/workstations). The cloud-computing is possible in the following hosting modes.
- Dedicated Hosting: The dedicated Hosting gives the most control over the server on which the application and related files are stored. The reason is that the server is entirely dedicated to you, and full root and admin-level access give the flexibility to work on the dedicated servers.
- Virtual Private Server Hosting: The VPS Hosting stands just in the middle of Dedicated and Shared Hosting. VPS hosting is unique because each website is hosted within its own space on the server, though it still shares a physical server with other users. VPS hosting provides website owners with more customization and storage space but is still not capable of handling heavy traffic.
- Shared Hosting: Shared Hosting is great for those who are using cloud computing technology. Multiple other applications might be hosted on the server, and hence, server resources such as RAM (Random Access Memory), CPU (Central Processing Unit) are shared. The cost, though, is low, but you do not have full control over the server.
Versions Supported for Cloud Computing the QB Application
Intuit has been trying to lure clients into QuickBooks Online, but Hosting has been the best option for cloud computing. Moreover, QuickBooks Online is a version in itself by Intuit with its features, but when going for hosting service providers, the following versions of QuickBooks can be hosted on the cloud.
QuickBooks Desktop, including QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Accountant. Different country-specific editions released from QuickBooks 2005 through QuickBooks 2019 are compatible with server setups of hosting providers.
The blog leaves you sorted with the process of How QuickBooks cloud computing works. Moreover, the two versions to use the benefit of cloud computing, i.e, QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Cloud hosting, are available; the choice lies with the users’ needs.
To avail the all-rounder service from the Intuit authorized hosting provider, call QuickBooks Cloud Hosting Support at +1(855) 738-0359 and talk with Cloud Engineers. They will answer your queries before getting you into the world of cloud computing for QuickBooks.