Many users have complained about running into QuickBooks error code 40001 when they are trying to activate direct deposit in QuickBooks. It can be caused due to multiple reasons varying from lack of admin rights to installation issues. The error message that appears on your screen is:-
“Error Code: 40001
Something’s not right. We’re unable to complete your request at the moment. Contact our support team for assistance. “
If you are stuck with issue submitting direct deposit authorization Error Code 40001 and are looking for to update payroll account way to fix it, contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team
What Can Possibly Lead To QuickBooks Error 40001 in QuickBooks?
Error code 40001 in QuickBooks can be caused due to different issues such as insufficient rights and outdated application. Let’s look at the complete list of these issues:-
- You are not logged in as a system administrator.
- The number in the payroll system does not match the Realm ID.
- You are using an outdated version of the Quickbooks application.
- Your company file is damaged
- Your application is damaged.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 40001
Troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks error code 40001 involve some simple methods such as updating QuickBooks and running it as an administrator, along with some complex methods such as verifying and rebuilding your data. Let’s look at the step by step guide for the same:-
Solution 1: Updating QuickBooks Desktop
Using outdated QuickBooks desktop applications is one reason you cannot set up Direct Deposit on Quickbooks desktop 2019, 2020 and the following versions. Follow these steps in order to update the application and fix error code 40001 in QuickBooks:-
- Close your company file.
- Now rerun the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Tap on the Help tab and select Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Options menu and tap on Mark All. Now click on Save.
- Go to the Update Now tab and choose the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click on the Get Updates button.
- Wait for the update process to get completed, and then rerun your system.
- Open QuickBooks and tap on Yes to install the updates.
Solution 2- Run As Administrator
Insufficient permission for QuickBooks application is one reason why you can’t activate Direct Deposit on Desktop pro, enterprise and all other versions. When you run your application as administrator it bypasses many required permissions. Follow these steps in order to run your application as an administrator:-
- Close your application
- Tap on the Windows start button and type QuickBooks in the search bar.
- Right click on QuickBooks application and select Run as Administrator.
- Now follow the steps to activate direct deposit again.
The problem should be resolved if you can’t activate direct deposit on Desktop Pro due to insufficient QuickBooks Administrator permissions.
Solution 3- Verify and Rebuild
Verify and rebuild utility can help you fix QuickBooks error code 40001 if it is caused due to damage in your company file. The Verify utility finds the damage while the Rebuild utility fixes it. Follow the steps in order to use these utilities:-
- Tap on the Files menu and select Utilities.
- Click on Verify Data and then tap on OK in order to close all your windows.
Note:- You will only have to rebuild the file if you see a message “Your data has failed the integrity check”. In case no problem is found you can hop on to the next solution.
- Now click on File and select Utilities again.
- Click on Rebuild Data and tap on OK in order to close all windows.
- Quickbooks will ask you to generate a backup of your company file, tap on OK. You can tap on Cancel if you don’t want a backup.
- If you haven’t set up your Backup preferences, QuickBooks might ask you to do so. Click on Backup Preferences and edit it as per your requirements, and tap on OK.
- When the backup is complete, choose Show in Finder to locate the backup or OK to exit.
- Once the rebuild process is over, click on OK.
Verify your company file once more to ensure it is free of errors and data damage. Rebuild the file if there are still mistakes or damage.
Solution 4- Run Windows Repair Tool
Damage in your application can lead to Quickbooks desktop error 40001. You have an internal windows repair system that is capable of fixing that damage. Follow these steps in order to do see:-
- Tap on the Windows start button and select the Control Panel.
- Choose the Programs and Features option followed by Uninstall a Program.
Note: If you don’t see the Programs and Features option, you can choose Programs instead. Then choose Programs and Features.
- Now tap on QuickBooks from the list of Programs and then click on Uninstall/Change option.
- Now click on Continue, then Repair and finally Next
- Tap on Finish once the process is over.
Important: The repair process should start immediately but will take a while to finish, wait for it to complete. You may have to restart your system in order to complete the repair process.
Solution 5 – Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool From QuickBooks Tool Hub
Another method to fix Quickbooks desktop error 40001 is using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the QuickBooks tool hub. If you don’t have QuickBooks tool hub on your system, Go to Intuit, you need to download and install it. Once it is done, follow these steps:-
- Run QuickBooks tool hub on your system.
- Click on the Installation issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool.
- Wait for it to complete its process and then restart your system.
This will help you fix QuickBooks error code 40001 if it is arising due to installation errors.
Need Expert Help to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 40001
So now we hope you know what shall be done when you fail to set up Direct Deposit on Quickbooks desktop 2019, 2020, and the following versions. We hope that QuickBooks error code 40001 is fixed after following the above solutions. In case you are still stuck somewhere and don’t know what to do, reach out to our experts at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.