Quickbooks is one of the most advanced accounting software in the world. And there are several features and functions it has on offer. One of them is the “Quickbooks File Doctor.” That happens to be a wonderful program that at times automatically pops up on the screen to tell the user that they need to fix the problem.
It also helps to resolve multiple issues reducing downtime. If you wonder how you can use it for your benefit, this blog will answer all your queries on how to get QuickBooks file doctor download. Here, we will discuss all the facts associated with the File Doctor Tool. Intuit initially released the file doctor in 2012, but over the years, it has become an integral part of the entire system.
If QuickBooks file doctor takes a long time to open or diagnose company files and network issues. Connect with one of our experts at +1(855)-738-0359, and get all your queries resolved immediately. You can also drop down a query on our website.
What Is QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
QB File Doctor is a file repair tool that resolves data corruption, network diagnosis, windows problem, etc. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that it makes your work seamless. It helps you fix network errors like Error H101, H202, H303, H505, etc., and error code -6000 (QB Error –6000, -82, QB Error -6000, -305, QB Error –6147, etc.) by repairing the company files issues that can be causing any such issue. Read ahead to gather more information about QBFD Tool.
QB Versions that Support File Doctor Tool
- For the QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later versions, QB File Doctor has become a QuickBooks Built-in tool.
- For the QuickBooks versions Older than 2016, You Need to download the file doctor tool separately.
- It is not compatible with any version of QuickBooks for MAC.
Different Types Of QuickBooks File Repair Doctor Tool
There are two types of QB File Doctor tool are available for the users today:
- Built-in File Doctor:– Available in QBD version 2016 and later releases.
- QBFD stand-alone version: Available for older QB versions.
What are the times when Quickbooks File Doctor can be used?
You might have already understood the need and importance of Quickbooks File Doctor; till now. But even after being such a helpful application, you need to check before using it. Here are some common situations when using the QBFD is ideal.
- It is ideal to be used when you are getting any 6000- series error which represents a company file issue. It broadly includes errors 6150, 6000 82, 6000 305, 6147, 6189, and even the Quickbooks not responding issue.
- This program can also effectively help in combating damages done to the sample files, corporate files, and company files too.
- If and when you get the missing or blank customer list or the vendors list in QB- then also you can use the QBFD.
- When your Quickbooks get bugged with errors like H101, H202, H505, H303, or any other H-series issue.
- If you are having problems in launching corporate files or in fixing damaged or corrupted company files.
A few important things to keep in mind when indulging with QBFD
These are just a few important pointers that should be in your mind before indulging in the QBFD.
- You should uninstall any old version of QBFD before downloading the newest or recent version. Otherwise, updating it will also work fine.
- There is an integrated Quickbooks file doctor in all the versions after 2015. But to get quicker and better results, you should use the external file doctor tool.
- Using the Quickbooks file doctor is only possible for Windows users. That’s because it is available for the Windows Versions Quickbooks Desktops only.
- In many cases, if you are bugged with a critical issue. The Quickbooks file doctor emerges automatically on the screen. All you need to do is click on the “start tab,” and the QBFD program will do the rest.
How To Download And Install QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
You can follow the below-given steps to download and install the file doctor tool into your system:
Method 1: Download Stand alone version From Intuit’s website.
- In the first place, you have to download the QB File doctor and then run the QBFD.exe file.
- It will start the installation process.
- Once it completes, the file doctor will automatically open.
- It’s essential to have a .Net framework on the system. If not, then the QBFD setup will download it on its own.
- Lastly, you need to follow the installation process like the way you follow while installing the other programs in windows.
Method 2: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub to use In Built File Doctor
With QuickBooks Tool Hub, you can resolve all the common errors you encounter while using the software. You can use the file doctor by following the below-given steps.
Step 1: Downloading and installing the most recent version of Quickbooks Tool Hub
- Firstly, close the Quickbooks Desktop software on your system.
- Then download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save it on your device. And make sure you are downloading the most recent version.
Note: If you already have the QB tool hub on your desktop, go to the “home” tab and see at the bottom. There will be a version of your hub.
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save it on your system.
- Then, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once it finishes, double-click on the Tool Hub icon to open the tool hub.
Step 2: Run the Quick Fix my file on your tool hub
- When your tool hub is open, just select the Company File Issues tab.
- Then you will have to choose the “Quick Fix my file” option from the list.
- And then, you will have to select “Ok” and let the process get completed.
- Once that’s done, you can launch Quickbooks.
Step 3: Run the Quickbooks File Doctor
- Open the QB tool hub and then choose “Company file issues” from the list of options.
- Then you will have to choose “Run Quickbooks File Doctor.”
Note: Wait for the process because at times it can take a minute or two. If the QB file doc doesn’t open, try browsing your computer manually and then use it.
- Then open the drop-down menu and then select the company file. If you are unable to see the file; just choose “browse and search” and write the name of the file in the search bar. And then click on the suggestion.
- You will have to choose “check your file” and then hit the “Continue” button.
- Now, you will just have to enter the admin password of QB and just select “next.”
Step 4: You will have to follow the steps for the issues
Before you troubleshoot the problems, keep in mind that the version of the company file and Quickbooks Desktop have to be the same. Otherwise, you need to convert it.
Step 5: Updating and backing up Quickbooks
Make sure you back up your company file as soon as you fix it. Creating a backup will eliminate the threat of any data loss.
Read more: How to Reset QuickBooks Password With Few Steps?
Steps By Step Guide to Run QuickBooks File Doctor
1: Run From QuickBooks Tool Hub
- To begin, open the tools hub and click on the Company File Issues option.
- Then, select Run QBFD.
- There, you have to select the required company file and click on continue.
- Lastly, enter QuickBooks username and admin password and click on Next.
- The above process may take 3-5 minutes, depending upon the file size, to repair damages and network issues.
- Once the file doctor has finished processing your company file, you must restart QuickBooks and open your company file.
2: Manual Method to Run QBFD
The below steps will be only applicable to QuickBooks 2016 and later versions:
- Initially, start QuickBooks and open your company file.
- Then, open File> Utilities> Repair File to start QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Search for the required company file.
- From there, select the company file or network issues.
- When prompted, enter the QuickBooks Administrator ID and password and click on Next.
- Once the file has been processed, restart QuickBooks and open the required company file.
What Steps Must You Follow To Use Stand-Alone File Doctor version?
You must have the latest version of File Doctor to begin this process. If not, then you can download it from Intuit’s official site.
- Firstly, double-click on the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Complete the installation process by following the instructions that display on your screen.
- If the tool doesn’t show up even after being installed, click on Windows Task-bar to open it.
- Search for your company files from the drop-down list. Else, you may also click on the browse option for manually locating it on your hard drive.
- Followed by that, click on the option “Check file damage only” and start the basic fixing method.
- Besides, you may also run QB File diagnostics to fix any issue you encounter while using the accounting software.
- After that, the QBFB Tool will offer two options. Choose the one that fits your need:
- In case you have come across a -6000 series error or your file is damaged.
- Or if you come across network problems (Error H101, Error H202, Error H303, or Error H505).
- Then, type in the password of Company File Admin and click on Next.
- To continue diagnosing and the repair process, choose either of the two options:
- Select Yes, if you are working on QuickBooks Server/Host.
- Whereas, if on the QB Workstation, click on No.
- QuickBooks file doctor tool may take some time to repair the company files.
- Wait until QBFD fixes the issue. The time may vary depending on your file’s size, Local Area Network Speed, and the severity of the company File issues.
- Once the repairing process finishes, a success message will flash on your screen. Thus, you can close the QBFD tool and open your company file.
How To Use The Built-in Version Of File Doctor QB?
The built-in tool is a simplified version that detects and repairs the issue on its own. Here, you just have to click on the Start icon to begin working with the tool. Follow the below-mentioned steps to start using the built-in version:
- Firstly, you need to start QuickBooks without opening the company file.
- Then, click on the File Menu> Utilities> Repair File and Network problems to begin the built-in version of QBFD.
- Now, search and select the company file that you want to repair by clicking on open.
- Select the repair process that you want to undergo from the Show Advanced Setting drop-down list.
- Click on Next.
- When asked, enter the credentials and click on Next.
- Once the repair process completes, try opening the company file.
What Are The Various Result Possibilities With QBFD?
Case 1: If QBFD Tool didn’t detect the issue:-
If the file doctor didn’t detect the issue, you must log in back into the Company File. However, if you cannot open the company file, you must initiate the Auto Data Recovery Setup. Besides, you need to enter the transactions before your former backup.
Case 2: QB File Doctor Tool found the issue but is unable to resolve it:-
If you come across such a situation, then you must go for Auto Data Recovery setup. Also, you must enter the transactions in a manual way ever since the last backup.
Case 3: Your issue is resolved by QBFD Tool:-
Well, this is what you wanted. In this scenario, click on “Open New Company,” and this will bring you to an end.
What to do if the QBFD stops working on your desktop?
There are many cases and conditions when you are unable to use the QBFD. Like a time when you are diagnosing a business file. If the file doctor malfunctions, this is what you will have to do.
- You will have to restore the backup of your QBW file.
- Try using the auto-data recovery in order to fix the file doctor issue.
- Maybe disabling the anti-virus program might work for you and you can simply disable the hosting and configuring modes.
What are the common reasons behind QBFD malfunction?
There is more than one reason why this problem might have occurred on your desktop. Here are a few of them!
- When the company file is attempted to update.
- If you are unable to restore the files.
- After the installation or updating, you forgot to install any of the company files.
- When and if the files on your Quickbooks Desktop are corrupted or damaged.
What Are The Advantages Of the QB File Doctor Tool?
To utilize a tool at its best, you must be aware of the benefits that it offers. Below, we have listed a bunch of advantages that File Doctor Tool provides:
- It can help you fix the network issues.
- If you are stuck with any error of the -6000 series, the QBFD tool can be a great help.
- Besides, it can also fix issues like H101, H202, H303, or H505.
- If data loss or data damage is your concern, this tool can be of much help.
- QBFD works if you are trying to access the company file stored in another system.
- It saves a lot of time, resources, and efforts that would have been used in resolving a problem otherwise.
What Are The Disadvantages of QBFD Tool?
There can be certain limitations of the QuickBooks file doctor tool, which we have enlisted below:
- It’s important to have a stable internet connection to even upload a file or for manual repair.
- The file size should not exceed 2GB.
- You must follow the admin panel to run the network diagnosis. Besides, QuickBooks must be in the hosting mode.
- It is only available for the US and UK versions.
- You can use the QB file doctor tool only when you are unable to access the company file.
How To Uninstall QB File Doctor Tool?
Follow the below-given steps:
- First, click on the Windows or Start icon.
- Then, open the Control Panel.
- Double click on Programs.
- Then, click on QuickBooks File Doctor for uninstalling it.
We hope this blog has helped you resolve network and company file issues with the help of QuickBooks File Doctor. If you have any queries regarding QuickBooks desktop file doctor functioning, you can contact our helpline number by dialing our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1 855.738.0359.
QuickBooks File Doctor FAQs
The installation time depends on the size of the company file.
No, it’s not compatible with any QB version.