Has it ever happened that QuickBooks has failed to access your company file/backup file? If yes, then you might be wondering why it happens. Well, it’s because of the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6147 0. It occurs due to damaged network data files or improper QuickBooks setup. When the error takes place, the following error messages appear on your screen:
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your file.
We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin.
If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6147, 0)”
Main Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0
You may end up with QuickBooks Error 6147 0 due to several reasons. One of them includes a corrupted QB data file. Below we have listed other possible reasons as well that will help you understand it more:
- Windows firewall restricts QuickBooks from connecting with the company file.
- QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0 takes place due to damaged or corrupt .ND (Network Data) and .TLG (Transaction Log File) files.
- You might have moved your QuickBooks company file to a different folder other than QuickBooks installation file.
- The name of the QuickBooks company file name might be exceeding the maximum character limit.
- You might be using an outdated QuickBooks Desktop version that triggers QuickBooks Company File Error 6147.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Message 6147 0?
Let’s discuss some of the effective solutions that can help you resolve QuickBooks error -6175,0:
IMPORTANT: Before you begin to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Message 6147 0, make sure to update QuickBooks Desktop as per the latest version. Also, you must create a backup of your company file to a different folder on the computer’s internal storage.
Solution 1: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub To Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
You can fix various issues such as QuickBooks error code -6147,0 that are related to company file and the associated network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. To utilize it, you may follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, you have to download QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the downloaded file to a suitable location.
- Double-click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and open it.
- Further, follow the instructions that appear on your screen to install the tool hub and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, open the Tool Hub and select Company File Issues.
- It will run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool automatically to detect and repair the damaged company file.
If QuickBooks Error 6147 0 persists, try the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2: Rename damaged .ND and .TLG files
Network Data (.ND ) and Transaction Logs (.TLG )are the configuration files that allow QuickBooks to access the company file over the network. Any damage in these files will restrict QB from processing further. Thus, you need to rename both the files by following the below-given steps:
- Go to the folder in which you have saved the QuickBooks files after the installation.
- Search for the files with .ND and .TLG extension.
- The files will have the same name as your company file.
- Right-click on each file and select the Rename option. Further, add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Lastly, save the file and try to open QuickBooks once again.
NOTE: When you run QuickBooks after renaming the files, the QuickBooks Error 6147 0 would have been fixed as a new Network Data and Transaction Log File is created. However, if it persists, you may jump to the next method.
Solution 3: Rename the QuickBooks Company File
- Open the folder in which you have saved your company file.
- Right-click on the company file and click on the Rename option.
- You need to verify if the name of the company file has 64 characters or not including the four characters of the .qbw file extension.
- If the file name is too long, then you have to change the file name and save it.
- Lastly, open the company file once again in QuickBooks. If you are still getting QuickBooks Error 6147 0 then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 4: Check the Location of QuickBooks Company File
- Open the QuickBooks application and press the F2 key on your keyboard. It will open the Product Information window.
- From there, you have to note down the company file location inside the File Information section.
- Go to the file location and make sure the company file is still in the QuickBooks folder. If it’s not there, search for the company file from the Search Programs and Files search box.
- Type .qbw and once the system displays all the files with .qbw extension, right-click on the correct company file.
- Now, click on the Open File Location option.
- Move the company file to the required folder and try to open it in QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Utilize the the Rebuild Utility
- Open the QuickBooks desktop application and go to the File menu.
- From there, click on Utilities followed by the Rebuild Data option.
- Click on OK when a prompt appears on your screen for creating a backup of your company file.
- At last, click on OK when a message “QuickBooks is not responding” appears on your screen.
Looking For Assistance To Fix QuickBooks Error 6147!
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve QuickBooks Error 6147 0. However, there might be a possibility that the error persists even after following the above methods. It may be due to corruption in the QuickBooks company file or faults in Windows configuration. In such a situation, you must look for expert guidance. However, you may get in touch with our professionals by placing a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1(855)-738-0359.
QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0 FAQs
Ans. It can be due to damaged or corrupt .ND (Network Data) and .TLG (Transaction Log File) files.
Ans. You can try renaming the QuickBooks configuration files i.e. .ND and and .TLG.
Ans. You might be using an outdated QuickBooks Desktop version that triggers QuickBooks Error 6147 0.
Ans. Well, no! You can resolve it without wasting any time considering you are following the correct troubleshooting methods.