QuickBooks is an outstanding accounting and bookkeeping software that helps you to manage all your business finances and accounts processes. But, It is always mandatory to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release to work smoothly. The update of QuickBooks to the latest version improves the handling ability of the software, and then you can efficiently perform the task in QuickBooks without getting any interruption. As the Intuit technical team is always updating and improving QuickBooks and its services from time to time. The new and the updated QuickBooks Desktop 2021 has been introduced, and QB users can easily download it.
In this blog, we will explain how to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version. But before jumping to the procedure, let’s go through the benefits of updating the QB.
Want to Update your QuickBooks to the Latest Version? Contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team to keep your software up to date.
Benefits of Updating QB Desktop to the Latest Release
Updating QuickBooks means improving your QB with new features that are beneficial for your business in processing the company’s accounts and finance activities. Down below, we have mentioned the benefits of updating the QB desktop utility.
- You will get more and improved performance of the utility.
- Fixes some standard security loops and bugs of the application.
- Get more security for your data.
- Gets an error-free experience.
- New advanced features such as tracking status, real-time, invoice, and many others.
After knowing all the benefits of updating the QB desktop application, it’s necessary to know whether your QuickBooks is updated or not before updating the QuickBooks desktop app.
How to Check If the QuickBooks Desktop Application is Updated?
There are many methods to update the QuickBooks Desktop utility. But before updating it, check whether you are using the updated version or the older version. Given below are the steps to check:
- Open QuickBooks and press the CTRL+1 or F2 key to access the Product Information Window.
- From the Product Information Wizard, check the version and the latest release of the QB patch.
Check the latest released version of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks 2021
- QuickBooks desktop 2020
- Intuit QuickBooks desktop 2019
- QuickBooks desktop 2018
- QuickBooks desktop 2017
- Intuit QuickBooks desktop 2016
After checking the update, if your QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version, then you must follow the procedure to update the QB Desktop to the latest version.
How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to Latest Release?
To update the QuickBooks, you can download it from the internet. The updation process includes four methods. But, before initiating the methods, please check the internet connection to be fast. The methods are:
- Automatic Update QuickBooks Desktop Method (Default Setting)
- Immediate or On-Demand Method
- Release Download
- Manual Method
Method#1: Turn On Automatic Update of QB
This method is the easiest solution to install updates. QuickBooks itself can find the new update from the Intuit server. The updates can automatically download even when you are not working on QB. This is due to the default setting of QuickBooks that automatically downloads the update. Now, follow the steps to execute the update process.
- Open QuickBooks utility and go to the Help menu.
- Then, click on Update QuickBooks and then go to the Options tab.
- Now, pick Yes to enable the Automatic update or NO to disable the Automatic Update.
Note: Even after choosing the No option, you will keep receiving notifications asking to use the update message. These are just reminders.
- In the end, click on Save and Close.
If the above automatic methods don’t update QuickBooks Desktop, you can use the next method to help you out.
Method#2: Immediate/On-Demand Update
This method helps you to update the QB desktop to the latest version immediately from the Intuit Server. It is not necessary to access the QB while downloading the updates. You can use this method anytime. Follow the steps:
- Firstly, run the QuickBooks and go to the Help menu. After that, choose Update QuickBooks.
- Then, click on the Update Now tab.
- Now, choose the updates to download and press “Get Updates”. You can browse for the update from the update column. Click on the Maintenance Releases link, and a new wizard will open with “Changes/Improvement” details in the update.
- After that, close and restart the QuickBooks application, and a wizard appears asking for install the update now or later. Click Yes or Install Now to install the update.
- Restart the system after completion of the installation procedure.
Hope, By following the above Instant update method, your QuickBooks upgraded. If it doesn’t help out, you can go for the next procedure.
Method#3: Release Download
You can download and install the available updates if you don’t want to install the update with QB’s update feature. You should upgrade all copies if you utilize multiple copies of QuickBooks. If you don’t follow this, there are chances of getting issues while accessing the company file.
How to Download Updates for QuickBooks Pro and Premier Multi-user Mode.
If your company uses the QuickBooks Pro and Premier in the multi-user mode, then you should install the updates on all the systems. Connect all the systems to the internet and start the download and then install it. You can also share the downloaded updates of one system of your network to another system. For that, follow the mentioned steps:
- Open the Shares QB company file.
- Then, choose the Help menu and pick the Update QuickBooks option.
- Select Options.
- Now, click on the Yes option to share the Download.
- Click on Save.
After that, you can then install the newly released updates. Also, keep in mind that once you upgrade your company file, you have to access that through the earlier releases of the QB application.
How to Update New QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to “the latest version of QB desktop”.
- Then, open the file menu and choose open or restore the company.
- Now, hit on the company file and select Next.
- In the end, click on the “data file” and then open it.
If you see the Move Company file wizard, then follow the given instructions.
- Go through the content, which is in the “Update Company file to New version.” Tick the box to signify that you agree, and then click on “Update Now”.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to create a backup of files.
- After the update of the company file, open the new QB version. Choose Yes after you receive the “Do you want to continue?“.
After successful updation of the QuickBooks with the above method, you are able to work on it. If the above update QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t upgrade, then try the manual method.
Method#4: Manually Update Intuit QuickBooks
This manual method helps to update QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier/Enterprise to the latest version without facing any issues. It can directly update the QB without preferring any settings. This manual method is divided into two different methods that are:-
- Update QuickBooks Desktop within the Application
- Update QB desktop Outside the Application
Update Your QuickBooks Desktop Version within the Application
- Open the QuickBooks application and click on Close Company/Logoff from the File tab.
- Then, choose Exit from the File tab.
- Now, do a right-click on the QuickBooks application icon and select “Run as Administrator“.
- Once the QuickBooks and if it displays No Company open, then you have to click on the Help tab and choose Update QuickBooks.
- After that, click on Mark All from the Options menu and hit on the Save button.
- Now, press in “Get Updates” and exit the utility after QB displays Update Complete.
- Then re-open QB and click Yes on the Install Updates popup.
- After successful installation of updates, reboot your computer.
Update QB desktop Outside the Application
- Go to the QuickBooks Download & Updates webpage.
- Then choose the country, product, product version, and click on the search button.
- If QuickBooks is already installed in the system, then press on “Get latest Updates.”
- After downloading the updates, go to the system’s download folder and double-click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation.
- Now, follow the on-screen instruction for the proper installation of updates.
- After installing the updates, restart your system or updates.
With this blog’s help, we provide you the different methods to update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release easily. We present you automated as well the manual process, and with their help, you can initiate the update procedure.
If you find any type of difficulty while updating the QuickBooks desktop, you can get in touch at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number to speak with our QuickBooks experts, which are 24×7 available. They will assist you with the best solutions to resolve your query.
QuickBooks Application Update FAQs
For updating, you have to install the 2020 program on the computer with a new license and product details, and then access your old company file in the 2020 program. The latest version of the desktop will update the file, and you have to click OK at the end.
There is no exact time to update the QB desktop. Some big companies do 1-2 large transactions in a month, for them the QB Pro will work.
No, you don’t have to update the QuickBooks desktop yearly, even some users are using the 2017 version of QuickBooks.