QuickBooks is an accounting and bookkeeping software primarily used by freelancers, small and middle-sized businesses, and accounting professionals. To make the accounting operations and experience error-free, Intuit releases regular QuickBooks Desktop Updates. It is important to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version to ensure that the product and integrated software work seamlessly. An outdated QB Desktop version often leads to errors in opening company files or working on them.
The latest QuickBooks 2023 R5_9 has been introduced, and QB users can easily download it. In this blog, we will discuss how to update QuickBooks Desktop to 2023. Moreover, we will also tell you how to turn on automatic updates in QuickBooks to ensure on-time updation. But before downloading QuickBooks desktop updates, let us look at its advantages.
It is effortless and hassle-free to update QuickBooks Desktop with the help of expert guidance. Contact QB Proadvisors at +1.855.738.0359, and let them help you update your QuickBooks desktop to the latest released version!
5 Benefits of Updating QB Desktop to the Latest Release
Updating QuickBooks means improving your QB with new features that are beneficial for your business in processing the company’s accounts and finances. Below, we have mentioned the top benefits of updating the QB desktop software.
- You will get more and improved performance of the utility.
- Fixes some standard security loops and bugs of the application.
- Get more security for your data.
- Gets an error-free experience.
- New advanced features include tracking status, real-time, invoice, and many others.
After knowing all the benefits of updating the QB desktop application, it’s necessary to know the version of your QB application updating the QuickBooks desktop app.
How to Check If the QuickBooks Desktop Application is Updated?
There are a couple of methods to update the QuickBooks Desktop utility. But before updating it, check whether you are using the updated or older versions. Here’s how to check:
- Open QuickBooks and press the CTRL+1 or F2 key to access the Product Information Window.
- From the Product Information Wizard, check the version and the latest release of the QB patch.
- QuickBooks 2023
- QuickBooks 2022
- QuickBooks 2021
- QuickBooks desktop 2020
- Intuit QuickBooks desktop 2019
- QuickBooks desktop 2018
- QuickBooks desktop 2017
- Intuit QuickBooks desktop 2016
After checking the recent updates, if your QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version, you must follow the procedure to update the QB Desktop to the latest version.
How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to Latest Release?
You can download QuickBooks Desktop from the internet browser or QuickBooks Desktop. There are four methods primarily used to update QuickBooks to the newest version. But, before initiating the methods, please ensure a high-speed and stable internet connection.
Here’s how to update QuickBooks Desktop to 2023 via –
- Automatic Update QuickBooks Desktop Method (Default Setting)
- Immediate or On-Demand Method
- Release Download
- Manual Method
Method#1: Turn On The Automatic Update of QB
The easiest way to update QuickBooks is to automate the QB updates so that they are downloaded and installed as soon as they are installed. QuickBooks Desktop can download the latest updates from Intuit’s server. This is how to turn on automatic updates in QuickBooks:
- Open QuickBooks utility and go to the Help menu.
- Then, click Update QuickBooks and then go to the Options tab.
- Now, pick Yes to enable the Automatic update or No to disable the Automatic Update.
Note: Even after choosing the No option, you will keep receiving notifications asking to use the update message. These are just reminders.
- In the end, click on Save and Close.
If the above automatic methods don’t update QuickBooks Desktop, you can use the following procedure to help you out.
Method#2: Immediate/On-Demand Update
This method helps you to update the QB desktop to the latest version immediately from the Intuit Server. It is not necessary to access the QB while downloading the updates.
Here is how you can download immediate, on-demand updates for QuickBooks
- Firstly, run the QuickBooks and go to the Help menu. After that, choose Update QuickBooks.
- Then, click on the Update Now tab.
- Now, choose the updates to download and press “Get Updates”. You can browse for the update from the update column. Click on the Maintenance Releases link, and a new wizard will open with “Changes/Improvement” details in the update.
- After that, close and restart the QuickBooks application and a wizard appears asking to install the update now or later. Click Yes or Install Now to install the update.
- Restart the system after completion of the installation procedure.
Hope by following the above instant update method, you can update your QuickBooks Desktop to 2023 version. If it doesn’t help, you can go for the next procedure.
Method#3: Release Download
You can download and install the available updates if you don’t want to install the update with QB’s update feature. You should upgrade all copies if you utilize multiple copies of QuickBooks. If you don’t follow this, there are chances of getting issues while accessing the company file.
How to Download Updates for QuickBooks Pro and Premier Multi-user Mode.
If your company uses QuickBooks Pro and Premier in the multi-user mode, then you should install these updates on all the systems. Connect all the systems to the internet and start the download and then install it. You can also share the downloaded updates of one system of your network with another system. For that, follow the mentioned steps:
- Open the Shares QB company file.
- Then, choose the Help menu and pick the Update QuickBooks option.
- Select Options.
- Now, click on the Yes option to share the Download.
- Click on Save.
After that, you can then install the newly released updates. Also, keep in mind that once you upgrade your company file, you have to access that through the earlier releases of the QB application.
How to Update New QuickBooks Desktop
This is how you can update the new QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version:
- Go to “the latest version of QB desktop”.
- Then, open the file menu and choose open or restore the company.
- Now, hit on the company file and select Next.
- In the end, click on the “data file” and then open it.
- Go through the content, which is in the “Update Company file to New version.” Tick the box to signify that you agree, and then click on “Update Now”.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to create a backup of files.
- After the update of the company file, open the new QB version. Choose Yes after you receive the “Do you want to continue?“.
After successfully updating QuickBooks Desktop, you’ll be able to tap into the latest QB features. If the QuickBooks Desktop update doesn’t work through the above methods, you can download it manually.
Method#4: Manually Update Intuit QuickBooks
This manual method helps to update QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier/Enterprise to the latest version without facing any issues. It can directly update the QB without preferring any settings. This manual method is divided into two different methods that are:
- Update QuickBooks Desktop within the Application
- Update QB desktop Outside the Application
Let’s start with the first method.
- Open the QuickBooks application and click on Close Company/Logoff from the File tab.
- Then, choose Exit from the File tab.
- Now, right-click on the QuickBooks application icon and select “Run as Administrator“
- Once the QuickBooks displays No Company open, then you have to click on the Help tab and choose Update QuickBooks.
- After that, click on Mark All from the Options menu and hit the Save button.
- Now, press “Get Updates” and exit the utility after QB displays Update Complete.
- Then re-open QB and click Yes on the Install Updates popup.
- After the successful installation of updates, reboot your computer.
- Go to the QuickBooks Download & Updates webpage.
- Then, choose the country, product, and product version, and click on the search button.
- If QuickBooks is already installed in the system, then choose “Get Latest Updates.”
- After downloading the updates, go to the system’s download folder and double-click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions for the proper installation of updates.
- After installing the updates, restart your system or updates.
How to download the Quickbooks Desktop for your Windows Device?
When you are downloading QuickBooks Desktop for your device, you have to look for the latest version released. For Windows users, follow these steps to download QB for your device:
- Open your Quickbooks desktop and then press F2 to open the “product information window.”
- Then you will have to check the current version and the release.
You can simply set the automatic update of the software like this!
- Head to the “Help” button and then click on “Update Quickbooks Desktop.”
- After this, you will have to click on “Options” and then choose “Yes.”
- This will automate your downloading process, and whenever there is an update on your QB software, it will be installed right away.
- Now, you will just have to click on the “Close” button.
Tip: And if you need to share the same settings with the other workstations you are using in the hub; the same process has to be followed in all of those.
But if you prefer the manual mode, this is how you download and update Windows manually.
A lot of people like to update the QuickBooks Desktop manually. It is because the users don’t want to update every single minor update, and would rather choose to skip them. They prefer to download the significant updates manually, following these steps below:
- Now, you need to start by clicking on “Help” and then choose “Update Quickbooks Desktop.”
- After that, you will have to choose “update now” and then “get updates.”
- All the updates that are recently launched will be there on your screen.
- You need to select the ones that you think are important for you and then download them.
- After the completion of the process, you will have first to close and then reopen the Quickbooks Desktop.
- And later on, when you are asked to install the update, just simply click on “Yes.”
- Now the process gets completed, you will have to restart the computer.
Troubleshooting Unable To Install The QuickBooks Update
But what if you are unable to install the updates from the website? Here are two solutions that will help you in fixing this problem quickly.
Solution 1: Attempt To Download QuickBooks Update One More Time
One of the best solution when you are unable to update your QuickBooks desktop is to download the updates from more than once. Here is what has to be done.
- Start the process by heading to “help” and then click on “update QuickBooks desktop.”
- After that, you will have to choose “update now,” and after that, “get updates.”
- Now, you will have to simply close and then reopen your software to install the updates again.
Solution 2: End The Following Tasks
If the previous method doesn’t work out, here is what you can do as the next step.
- Start the process by closing Quickbooks and then right-click on your taskbar.
- After that, you will have to select the “task manager” tab.
- Now check the detail tab and look for the below-mentioned processes:
- And now you will have to just right-click on the shortcut of Quickbooks software.
- The next step is to click on the “run as admin” button simply..
How to download the Quickbooks desktop for your MAC Device?
For Mac, the process remains the same for most of the process, with some additional steps. Follow these steps to Download QuickBooks Desktop for MacOS.
But before you move ahead, just click on “Command +1” on your keyboard and then see the version as well as the release.
Steps to follow in order to update them manually
- First of all, you will have to navigate to the “QuickBooks menu” and then choose “Check for QuickBooks updates.”
- After that, you will have to choose the “install and relaunch option.”
Note: if you want to set the forthcoming updates automatically, then you need to simply choose the option of “automatically download and install updates in future.“
What to do if you are unable to install the updates in MacOS?
Many times users have faced the problem in their Mac devices where they are unable to update the release by Intuit. So in that case you can simply follow these solutions and get rid of the problem.
Solution 1: Try downloading the update more than once
So just like a Windows user, Mac users also have to try downloading the updates more than once.
- Start the process by launching your QuickBooks menu in your software.
- And then you will have to simply click on “check for QuickBooks updates.”
- After this, the users have to select “install and relaunch.”
Solution 2: Download the update from the website
The easiest way to download all the updates is to do it right from the software itself. But if that doesn’t work and even if the solution one fails, you still have a chance of downloading all the updates. For that you will simply have to visit the official website of Intuit and get the updates done from there. Here is how you can do it.
- First of all after opening the website you will have to navigate to “downloads and updates” page and then choose “standard set up.”
- Now you will have to click on the “select country “ and then select your choice from the drop-down.
- You will have to do the same thing for “select product. “
- And then you will also have to repeat the same process for “select version. “
- Now you will have to choose “search “ and then “get the latest updates.”
- Let the downloading finish after which you will have to install all the updates.
- The last step remains to restart your computer.
We believe you have got adequate information about the use, tools, and other aspects of how to update your Quickbooks Desktop. At times you might get a few negligible updates that can be skipped or postponed. But at times when you get an error or something else, you need to update your QB Desktop accordingly. Although everything is extensively elaborated above, if you still face any problem you can call the experts of Asquare.
You can get in touch at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359 to speak with our QuickBooks experts, which are available 24×7. They will assist you with the best solutions to resolve your query And your other problems related to this software will be sorted accordingly and immediately.
QuickBooks Application Update FAQs
1. How can I update my QuickBooks Desktop Version to 2023?
For updating, you have to install the 2023 program on the computer with a new license and product details, and then access your old company file in the 2023 program. The latest version of the desktop will update the file, and you have to click OK at the end.
2. At what time do we have to update QuickBooks Desktop?
There is no exact time to update the QB desktop. Some big companies do 1-2 large transactions in a month and , for them, the QB Pro will continue to work.
3. Do I Need to Update QBs Desktop yearly?
No, you don’t have to update the QuickBooks desktop yearly, even though some users are using the 2017 version of QuickBooks. However, it is recommended to update QuickBooks Desktop regularly to ensure it runs smoothly.