Did you just get a new copy of the QuickBooks Desktop application and now seeking help with its installation process? Well, there is no need to worry; we will walk you through the entire process. But before that, know what the QuickBooks Desktop application is and how it can help you in managing your finances. QuickBooks Desktop is an accounting application that can handle your company’s accounting and finances, from managing expenses and invoices to tracking income and taxes. It offers a range of features to suit your needs and has a user-friendly interface with reporting capabilities. So, to avail all its features, follow the steps given below to download the QuickBooks Desktop application and install it on the system.
Are you facing issues while downloading and installing the QuickBooks Desktop application? Then, talk to our experts and get your queries resolved immediately. Place a call on the Asquare Cloud Hosting helpline number +1.855.738.0359 now
What Are The System Requirements For QuickBooks Desktop Software?
There’s a certain set of requirements that you must fulfill to use the QuickBooks software to its utmost efficiency. Doing this surely enhances your work productivity and profitability. Below we have classified the requirements related to the operating system, hardware, software, etc., that you need to run QuickBooks Desktop.
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1), all editions, including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
Note: One must know that Microsoft doesn’t provide security updates or support computers running Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. Therefore, you must upgrade your operating system to a supported version before installing QuickBooks. Added to that, it helps to keep your data secure.
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
Step-By-Step Guide To Download QuickBooks Desktop 2023
Download your version of QuickBooks from the Downloads & Updates page. Once you do that, it will display two options:
- To log in as a ProAdvisor: As a ProAdvisor, log into your QuickBooks ProAdvisor Center to download your software.
- To login as an Accountant: Whereas, being an Accountant, log into your CAMPS to download the QB software.
Download the installation file after logging in & then, follow the below-given steps to download QuickBooks desktop:
- Select your country, product, and QuickBooks version from the Downloads & Updates page.
- Then, click on download.
Note: Being a ProAdvisor, get your license and product number by clicking on Details after clicking on Download.
Check Which Version You Use
You can find the product number, license number, version, and release in the following manner:
1- QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, or Enterprise):
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and press the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Search for your product name, product number, and license number.
- Also, the release date will be mentioned at the end of the product name.
- Go to the File menu and search for your version in the Version Used section.
Note: The list is sorted by date, starting with the oldest version at the top to the recent one at the bottom.
2- QuickBooks Basic and Enhanced Payroll (for Desktop)
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, go to the Employees menu and select the Payroll Center option.
- From there, click the Payroll tab. Now, you’ll see your version in the Subscription Status window.
3- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- Open QuickBooks Desktop for Mac and go to the Help menu.
- From there, select Product Information, and the version will be mentioned there.
Some Important Points:
- If you have downloaded an older version of QuickBooks Desktop, you must update it to the latest release to avail the new features.
- If you use an older version (year) of QB Desktop, then you can also upgrade your QuickBooks desktop to the recent version.
- Once you upgrade to a newer version of QB Desktop, your company files created on the older versions won’t open in the newer version. So, you are also required to update your company files after upgrading your QB desktop to the new version.
How To Install QuickBooks Desktop?
After you download QuickBooks Desktop, you can install and run it to avail its best features. To help you do so, you must follow the below-given steps:
Note: If you host QuickBooks on a network for the first time, set up a multi-user network and install QuickBooks Database Server Manager before installing the QB application.
Follow the below-listed steps to proceed with the installation process:
Step 1: Prepare for the install
- If you have downloaded the QuickBooks Desktop version that you’re using currently, save the downloaded file in a preferable location (like your Windows desktop).
- Also, make sure to keep your product and license number handy.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, open the downloaded QuickBooks.exe file and then, follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Then, accept the software license agreement and click on Next.
- Enter your Product and License numbers and click on Next.
Step 3: Decide which install type is right for you
After installing the QuickBooks application, two options will appear on your screen: Express install and custom & network.
Opt for express installation if you meet the below-given factors:
- If you’re using the QuickBooks application for the first time.
- If you have reinstalled QuickBooks.
- You might have planned to use QuickBooks on a workstation that is not part of a network of computers.
- First, select Express, Next, and then click Install
- When the install process completes, try to open the QuickBooks application.
Custom and Network install:
If you meet the following factors, proceed with the steps given ahead:
- If you have installed QuickBooks other than the default location (such as on a server).
- When you host your company files on a server.
- Setting up a multi-user network.
After this, you can install the QB application in this manner:
- Firstly, select Custom and Network Options and click on Next.
- Choose the option that explains how you’ll use QuickBooks.
- Then, click on the Change the install location on the next screen.
- Click on Browse to decide the location of your QuickBooks folder, preferably the Programs folder.
- Now, click on Next to begin the installation process.
- Open the QuickBooks application when the installation process is complete.
Step 4: Activate QuickBooks Desktop
Once you have installed the QuickBooks application, try to activate and update the QuickBooks Desktop. To do so, you must proceed with the below-given steps:
- Open the QuickBooks application, go to the Help menu, and select the Activate QuickBooks Desktop option.
- After that, verify the information by following the on-screen steps.
- Once the steps end, QuickBooks will be activated, and you will be able to use QuickBooks.
We have tried our best to help you download QuickBooks desktop by providing a step-by-step guide. However, if you get stuck while following any of the steps mentioned earlier, we would recommend you take the assistance of our experts by dialing on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1.855.738.0359. We are available 24/7 to provide you with the best customer support.
Frequently Asked Question
To find the product and license number, perform the following steps:
If subscribed to a monthly or annual product subscription: You must have received an email that includes your QuickBooks Desktop license number and product code. If you didn’t, check your spam mail folder.
When purchasing QuickBooks from Intuit’s website and then downloading it: The confirmation email has the license number and product code.
If you bought QuickBooks Desktop from a retail store: The license number and product code are mentioned in the inside panel of the folder in which the CD is saved.
If you’re reinstalling the QB application: The information will be mentioned in the Customer Account Management Portal.
When you have lost your license or product number: If that’s the scenario, you can contact our expert, who will help you recover it.
The QB Desktop application comes with different editions, such as Pro, Premier, and Enterprise. All these versions offer different features, and thus, their pricing differs accordingly.
QB Desktop versions from too long ago are not available for download now. Additionally, older software version does not even run on newer systems. So, make sure to download the latest version.
You can easily upgrade from the older version of QuickBooks Desktop to the newer version. Just remember to update your QB company files after upgrading to the newer version because the newer version will not support the older version of company files.