To work without any hindrance on the QuickBooks application, it’s essential for your data to have internet access. Moreover, the QuickBooks software requires real-time data transfer via the internet. Sometimes, due to restrictions in the Windows firewall settings, it can cause various network connectivity issues like H101, H202, H303 and H505. It can restrict QuickBooks from communicating with servers on which you stored your company file. Consequently, several operations that might be running in the background can also be hampered when Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks access. However, the reasons behind this may vary, most of which we have covered in the next section of this blog.
Wondering why the Firewall is blocking your QuickBooks connection? Well, to get the answers why QuickBooks windows firewall connection sharing not allowed like queries, give us a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number
Why Is Windows Firewall Blocking QuickBooks Server?
Here, we have mentioned some of the common reasons due to which Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks access:
- Closed Ports: This error occurs when the ports used by the application to access the Internet are not passed by the computer. The specific ports used by the application must be passed to the user for the application to work properly. Unlike many other applications, QuickBooks does not use different ports, but a specific port depending on the version of the application you are using.
- Blocked in the firewall: In some cases, the application itself may have been blocked by the Windows firewall. It is also possible that a third-party antivirus program has permanently blocked the application.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Firewall Blocking Issues?
Following the below-given steps to fix windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks issue.
- Click on the Windows icon and select, Control Panel.
- Go to the Windows Firewall window and locate where it says: “Windows firewall with adv. s.”
- Then, choose New Rule and click on Program.
- After that, mark the This program Path checkbox.
- Browse and choose the components for the service that you want to allow. You can do this by simultaneously pressing the Ctrl + F option.
- Go to the next window and choose the Allow the connection option. Then, click Next.
- Further, make sure to mark every checkbox that appears on your screen.
- At last, you have to enter the name of the rule. For example: Payroll Allow.
Follow the same steps for allowing the outbound connection. For this, select the outbound option and then click on create a rule. After that, open the QuickBooks Desktop application. If the Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks issue persists even then, try to turn off the Windows firewall.
What Are The Steps To Turn Off Windows Firewall?
If due to certain reasons, you come across the error message “Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks” more than often then you can try turning off the Windows Firewall.
Important: It should be amongst one of your last options to eliminate the Firewall restriction, else your system becomes exposed to hackers, malware, and ransomware.
- Click on the Windows icon and go to the Control Panel.
- From there, choose Windows Firewall and click on ”Turn windows firewall on or off.”
- After that, click on disable windows firewall.
- Once done, open the QuickBooks Desktop application to check if the error message Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks appears or not.
If by following the above steps, you’re able to fix this issue, then, switch back to windows firewall. It is an important Windows element that is required to safeguard against hackers and malicious software.
How To Set Up Firewall & Security Settings For QuickBooks Desktop?
Follow either of the below-mentioned steps to manually configure the firewall settings:
Method 1: Check your firewall settings
If you have installed multiple versions of the QuickBooks Desktop application on the same computer, then you have to perform the below-given steps for each version:
- Click on the Windows icon type Windows Firewall in the search bar. Then, open Windows Firewall and select Advanced Settings.
- Now, right-click Inbound Rules and select New Rule>Port>Next.
- Further, make sure to select TCP.
- In the Specific local ports field, enter the specific ports needed for your QuickBooks year version:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377.
- Click on Next after entering your port number.
- After that, click on Allow the Connection followed by Next.
- Make sure to mark all the profiles and again, click on Next.
- To proceed, you have to create a rule and then name it “QBPorts(year).“
- Lastly, click on Finish.
Note: You need to follow the same steps to create outbound rules. However, you need to select Outbound Rules instead of inbound rules in the above steps.
Method 2: Restart your Windows System:-
- Click on the Windows icon.
- Then, click on the Power button and choose the Restart option.
- After that, wait till your system restarts.
- Once done, Restart QuickBooks and continue with your business tasks.
Get QB Professionals Help!
We hope the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks issue without much trouble. However, if you need any further assistance, we would suggest you to get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.
Related Search Terms
QuickBooks enterprise windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks, Network diagnostics windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks, QuickBooks pos firewall settings error,