Many times, several errors can take place due to improper setup of the QuickBooks Desktop application on the Windows operating system. But, you may get stuck with QuickBooks error 61 whenever there is some issue with the Windows framework or registry. Due to a corrupted file or malfunction of hardware, Error 61 might occur while printing, opening an account, refreshing, adjusting, downloading, expelling, and uninstalling Windows. It mainly occurs in Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 355. The issue also affects other software like Microsoft Office and Mac applications when the hardware of the system has malfunctioned. However, there are several other reasons as well that can result in error 61 QuickBooks desktop. We have covered all such reasons in the next section of this blog.
Table of Contents
Why Am I Stuck With QuickBooks Error 61?
Several reasons such as issues in the Microsoft components may result in error 61 QuickBooks. However, the reasons aren’t restricted to these, there are other causes as well that have been covered below:
- QuickBooks Desktop Error 61 occurs due to a damaged Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Windows registry might be having some undeleted registries from the last installation.
- It can also be a result of an infection on Windows.
- QB rebuild error 61 occurs when you accidentally delete QuickBooks installation files.
Here’s How To Repair QuickBooks Error Code 61
Below we have mentioned all the possible resolution methods by following which you would be able to resolve QuickBooks error 61. However, before you do so, there are certain factors that you need to consider for making the troubleshooting easier:
Key points before resolving QuickBooks error code 61:
- Update QuickBooks Desktop as per its latest release.
- Make sure to scan your computer for any infections by using an antivirus.
- Fix Windows registry issues by installing a registry cleaner application.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility
- Open the QuickBooks application, go to the File menu and click on Utilities.
- Select Verify Data and wait until the process completes.
- If you come across any issue with the company file then run QuickBooks Verify/Rebuild Data Utility.
- Go to the File menu and click on Utilities once again. Then, select Rebuild Data.
- At last, run the Verify Data tool once again and check for the status of QuickBooks error 61.
Method 2: Restore QuickBooks Company File
- Go to the File menu and click on the Open or Restore Company option followed by Open a Company File. Then, click on Next.
- Locate the backup company file on your computer and then, click Open.
- Further, follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Make sure to note down the information on the Update Company File for New Version.
- After that, click on Update Now and follow the on-screen instructions for creating the backup.
- Then, click on Yes.
- Once the file is updated, save the backup file to a preferred location.
Are you still stuck with QB error 61? If yes, then you must proceed with the below-given steps.
Read Also: How to Restore QuickBooks Backup File mac
Method 3: Repair Microsoft .Net Framework on Windows
- Before you begin, make sure to exit all the applications that are running from Windows.
- Click on the Windows icon and select the Control Panel.
- Then, go to the Uninstall a Program section and click on Turn Windows Features on or off.
- Make sure to mark the checkbox beside .NET Framework 3.5. If already selected, then first unmark the box and then check mark it again.
- Click on Yes whenever Windows asks for confirmation to reboot the computer.
- Once the computer reboots, you have to open the QuickBooks application once again.
Method 4: Rearrange Your Chart of Accounts List
If you’re stuck with QuickBooks error 61 even after following the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods, then you must try to re-sort the Chart of Accounts list. To do so, you must follow the below-given steps:
- Open the QuickBooks application, go to the File menu and click on List followed by Chart Of Accounts.
- Then, click on View and then, select Re-sort List
- Further, go back to your company file and then verify it for the error: 61
- If the error occurs, create a new account and merge it with the damaged account.
Get QB Professional’s Help To Fix QuickBooks Rebuild Error 61!
We hope the above-listed solutions would have helped you resolve the QuickBooks error 61 without much trouble. However, if you’re stuck with the same issue even after implementing the above solutions and need assistance to fix it, then, you must reach our experts instantly. Give us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1 855-738-0359 and get your QB-related query fixed.