QuickBooks is a smooth accounting software that has helped small and medium-sized businesses with their finances and accounts. But, to enjoy all the offerings of this software you need to regularly update QuickBooks Desktop and all its latest releases.
The update of QuickBooks to the latest version improves its handling ability, efficiency drawn by a user, usage of tools, and seamless working of all the products integrated. As the Intuit technical team is always updating and improving QuickBooks and its services from time to time.
The new and download QuickBooks accountant desktop 2023 has been introduced, and QB users can easily download it. In this blog, we will explain how to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version. But before jumping to the procedure, let’s go through the benefits of updating the QB.
Want to Update your QuickBooks to the Latest Version 2023? Contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team at +1.855.738.0359 to keep your software up to date.
5 Benefits of Updating QB Desktop to the Latest Release
Updating QuickBooks means improving your QB with new features that are beneficial for your business in processing the company’s accounts and finance activities. Down below, we have mentioned the benefits of updating the QB desktop utility.
- You will get more and improved performance of the utility.
- Fixes some standard security loops and bugs of the application.
- Get more security for your data.
- Gets an error-free experience.
- New advanced features such as tracking status, real-time, invoice, and many others.
After knowing all the benefits of updating the QB desktop application, it’s necessary to know whether your QuickBooks is updated or not before updating the QuickBooks desktop app.
How to Check If the QuickBooks Desktop Application is Updated?
There are many methods to update the QuickBooks Desktop utility. But before updating it, check whether you are using the updated version or the older version. Given below are the steps to check:
- Open QuickBooks and press the CTRL+1 or F2 key to access the Product Information Window.
- From the Product Information Wizard, check the version and the latest release of the QB patch.
- QuickBooks 2022
- QuickBooks 2021
- QuickBooks desktop 2020
- Intuit QuickBooks desktop 2019
- QuickBooks desktop 2018
- QuickBooks desktop 2017
- Intuit QuickBooks desktop 2016
After checking the update, if your QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version, then you must follow the procedure to update the QB Desktop to the latest version.
How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to Latest Release?
To update the QuickBooks, you can download it from the internet. The updation process includes four methods. But, before initiating the methods, please check the internet connection to be fast. The methods are:
- Automatic Update QuickBooks Desktop Method (Default Setting)
- Immediate or On-Demand Method
- Release Download
- Manual Method
Method#1: Turn On Automatic Update of QB
This method is the easiest solution to install updates. QuickBooks itself can find the new update from the Intuit server. The updates can automatically download even when you are not working on QB. This is due to the default setting of QuickBooks that automatically downloads the update. Now, follow the steps to execute the update process.
- Open QuickBooks utility and go to the Help menu.
- Then, click on Update QuickBooks and then go to the Options tab.
- Now, pick Yes to enable the Automatic update or NO to disable the Automatic Update.
Note: Even after choosing the No option, you will keep receiving notifications asking to use the update message. These are just reminders.
- In the end, click on Save and Close.
If the above automatic methods don’t update QuickBooks Desktop, you can use the next method to help you out.
Method#2: Immediate/On-Demand Update
This method helps you to update the QB desktop to the latest version immediately from the Intuit Server. It is not necessary to access the QB while downloading the updates. You can use this method anytime. Follow the steps:
- Firstly, run the QuickBooks and go to the Help menu. After that, choose Update QuickBooks.
- Then, click on the Update Now tab.
- Now, choose the updates to download and press “Get Updates”. You can browse for the update from the update column. Click on the Maintenance Releases link, and a new wizard will open with “Changes/Improvement” details in the update.
- After that, close and restart the QuickBooks application, and a wizard appears asking for install the update now or later. Click Yes or Install Now to install the update.
- Restart the system after completion of the installation procedure.
Hope, By following the above Instant update method, your QuickBooks upgraded. If it doesn’t help out, you can go for the next procedure.
Method#3: Release Download
You can download and install the available updates if you don’t want to install the update with QB’s update feature. You should upgrade all copies if you utilize multiple copies of QuickBooks. If you don’t follow this, there are chances of getting issues while accessing the company file.
Read Also: Download, Install & Verify the QuickBooks Latest Payroll Update
How to Download Updates for QuickBooks Pro and Premier Multi-user Mode.
If your company uses the QuickBooks Pro and Premier in the multi-user mode, then you should install the updates on all the systems. Connect all the systems to the internet and start the download and then install it. You can also share the downloaded updates of one system of your network to another system. For that, follow the mentioned steps:
- Open the Shares QB company file.
- Then, choose the Help menu and pick the Update QuickBooks option.
- Select Options.
- Now, click on the Yes option to share the Download.
- Click on Save.
After that, you can then install the newly released updates. Also, keep in mind that once you upgrade your company file, you have to access that through the earlier releases of the QB application.
How to Update New QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to “the latest version of QB desktop”.
- Then, open the file menu and choose open or restore the company.
- Now, hit on the company file and select Next.
- In the end, click on the “data file” and then open it.
- Go through the content, which is in the “Update Company file to New version.” Tick the box to signify that you agree, and then click on “Update Now”.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to create a backup of files.
- After the update of the company file, open the new QB version. Choose Yes after you receive the “Do you want to continue?“.
After successful updation of the QuickBooks with the above method, you are able to work on it. If the above update QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t upgrade, then try the manual method.
Method#4: Manually Update Intuit QuickBooks
This manual method helps to update QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier/Enterprise to the latest version without facing any issues. It can directly update the QB without preferring any settings. This manual method is divided into two different methods that are:-
- Update QuickBooks Desktop within the Application
- Update QB desktop Outside the Application
- Open the QuickBooks application and click on Close Company/Logoff from the File tab.
- Then, choose Exit from the File tab.
- Now, do a right-click on the QuickBooks application icon and select “Run as Administrator“
- Once the QuickBooks and if it displays No Company open, then you have to click on the Help tab and choose Update QuickBooks.
- After that, click on Mark All from the Options menu and hit on the Save button.
- Now, press in “Get Updates” and exit the utility after QB displays Update Complete.
- Then re-open QB and click Yes on the Install Updates popup.
- After successful installation of updates, reboot your computer.
- Go to the QuickBooks Download & Updates webpage.
- Then choose the country, product, product version, and click on the search button.
- If QuickBooks is already installed in the system, then press on “Get latest Updates.”
- After downloading the updates, go to the system’s download folder and double-click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation.
- Now, follow the on-screen instruction for the proper installation of updates.
- After installing the updates, restart your system or updates.
How to download the Quickbooks desktop for your Windows Device?
Before anything else, you will have to look for the latest releases on your device. And for all the Windows users, this is what has to be done.
- Open your Quickbooks desktop and then press F2 to open the “product information window.”
- Then you will have to check the current version and the release.
You can simply set the automatic update of the software like this!
- Head to the “Help” button and then click on “Update Quickbooks Desktop.”
- After this, you will have to click on “Options” and then choose “Yes.”
- This will automate your downloading process and whenever there is an update on your QB software. It will be done.
- Now, you will just have to click on the “Close” button.
Tip: And if you need to share the same settings with the other workstations you are using in the hub; the same process has to be followed in all of those.
But if you prefer the manual mode then this is what has to be done.
A lot of people wish to do the updating part manually. That’s because not all the users would want to update the minor ones the moment they are launched by Intuit. For all the users having a Windows device and willing to update manually this is the settings they have to fix on their desktop.
- Now, you will have to start by clicking on “Help” and then choosing “update Quickbooks Desktop.”
- After that, you will have to choose “update now” and then “get updates.”
- All the updates that are recently launched will be there on your screen.
- And you will just have to select the ones that you think are important for you.
- Then just download them. After the completion of the process, you will have to first close and then reopen the Quickbooks Desktop.
- And later on, when you are asked to install the update; just simply click on “Yes.”
- Now, the process gets completed, you will have to just restart the computer.
But what if you are unable to install the updates from the website? Here are two solutions that will help you in fixing this problem quickly.
Solution 1: Download all of the updates more than one time
One of the best ways to fix the problem where you are unable to update your QuickBooks desktop is to download the updates from more than once. Here is what has to be done.
- Start the process by heading to “help” and then click on “update QuickBooks desktop.”
- After that you will have to choose “update now” and after that “get updates.”
- Now you will have to simply close and then reopen your software to install the updates again.
Solution 2: You can use the “end task” for the processes mentioned below
If the previous method doesn’t work out, here is what you can do as the next step.
- Start the process by closing Quickbooks and then right-click on your taskbar.
- After that you will have to select the “task manager” tab.
- Now check the detail tab and look for the below mentioned processes:
- QBW32.exe or QBW.exe
- QBDBMgr.exe or QBDBMgrN.exe
- And now you will have to just right-click on the shortcut of Quickbooks software.
- The next step is to simply click on the “run as admin” button.
How to download the Quickbooks desktop for your MAC Device?
Now, if you are a Mac user, there are multiple things the process remains the same. But you will have to do a few things. Just follow these steps along.
But before you move ahead, just click on “Command +1” on your keyboard and then see the version as well as the release.
Steps to follow in order to update them manually
- First of all you will have to navigate to “QuickBooks menu” and then choose “check for QuickBooks updates.”
- After that you will have to choose the “install and relaunch option.”
Note: if you want to set the forthcoming updates automatically then you need to simply choose the option of “automatically download and install updates in future.“
What to do if you are unable to install the updates?
Many times users have faced the problem in their Mac devices where they are unable to update the release things by Intuit. So in that case you can simply follow these solutions and get rid of the problem.
Solution 1: Try downloading the update more than once
So just like a Windows user, Mac users also have to try downloading the updates more than once.
- Start the process by launching your QuickBooks menu in your software.
- And then you will have to simply click on “check for QuickBooks updates.”
- After this, the users have to select “install and relaunch.”
Solution 2: Download the updated from the website
The easiest way to download all the updates is to do it right from the software itself. But if that doesn’t work and even if the solution one fails, you still have a chance of downloading all the updates. For that you will simply have to visit the official website of Intuit and get the updates done from there. Here is how you can do it.
- First of all after opening the website you will have to navigate to “downloads and updates” page and then choose “standard set up.”
- Now you will have to click on the “select country “ and then select your choice from the drop down.
- You will have to do the same thing for “select product. “
- And then you will also have to repeat the same process for “select version. “
- Now you will have to choose “search “ and then “get the latest updates.”
- Let the downloading finish after which you will have to install all the updates.
- The last step remains to restart your computer.
We believe you have got adequate information about the use, tools, and other aspects on how to update your Quickbooks Desktop. At times you might get a few negligible updates which can be pushed ahead. But at times when you get an error or something else, you need to update your QB Desktop accordingly. Although everything is extensively elaborated above, still if you face any problem you can call the experts of Asquare.
You can get in touch at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359 to speak with our QuickBooks experts, which are 24×7 available. They will assist you with the best solutions to resolve your query. And your other problems related to this software will be sorted accordingly and immediately.
QuickBooks Application Update FAQs
For updating, you have to install the 2020 program on the computer with a new license and product details, and then access your old company file in the 2020 program. The latest version of the desktop will update the file, and you have to click OK at the end.
There is no exact time to update the QB desktop. Some big companies do 1-2 large transactions in a month, for them the QB Pro will work.
No, you don’t have to update the QuickBooks desktop yearly, even some users are using the 2017 version of QuickBooks.
Related search term
QuickBooks enterprise upgrade 2022, upgrade QuickBooks 2017 to 2022, update QuickBooks enterprise to 2022, QuickBooks pro update