Do you find it intimidating to convert your company file from one accounting software to another? Well, it may be because the data is at high risk while converting a file from a different accounting Software to QB. However, to stay away from all this chaos, you must try your hands on the QuickBooks Tools. QuickBooks Conversion Tool allows you to convert company files from different programs. Further, you may convert Quicken, Sage, or any other accounting software to various QB versions such as QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2018 or Pro 2018 or QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 18.0 without compromising the data security. But before you proceed, there is a specific conversion requirement that you must fulfill to proceed with data conversion.
System Requirement For The QuickBooks Desktop Conversion Tool
Before you begin with the data conversion process, there is a particular set of system requirements that you must fulfill to run the QuickBooks Conversion Tool on your system. Here, we have mentioned all such requirements that you must meet:
- Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.
- Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium II.
- Memory: 512 MB.
- Hard drive: 2.5 GB free space.
- Microsoft .NET Framework: Version 2.0 is the least.
- QuickBooks Desktop: Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2018.
- Sage 50, Sage 50 Quantum: Version 2015 and above.
- RAM storage: Either 512 MB or higher.
What QB Data Conversion Tool Can & Cannot Convert?
As mentioned, the conversion tool can convert a particular set of data. Along with that, you cannot convert payroll items, individual employee wages, etc., using it. To clarify for you, we have mentioned a separate list of what QuickBooks conversion tool can and cannot convert.
Data that Can be Converted with QB Conversion Tool:
- Account, Employee, Item, Customer, and Vendor lists
- Account balances
- Customer and vendor transactions
- Employee profile and contact info
- Payroll General Ledger account balance info
Data that QuickBooks Data Conversion Tool won’t Convert
- Payroll transactions and year-to-date employee info (paychecks, year-to-date adjustments)
- Payroll items are used to calculate paychecks (hourly and salary payroll items, deductions, medical insurance, etc.)
- Individual employee wage or deduction information
- Fixed Assets
- Work tickets
- Closed or partially closed Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, and Estimates
You might have found it a bit complicated; however, that’s not the case. It’s an easy process that comes with several advantages. We have covered a major of them in the next section.
What are the Main Advantages of QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
For any tool to be productive, it must offer advanced and unique features. Similarly, the QuickBooks desktop conversion tool provides several features that may enhance your business functionality. Below, we have listed some of the major advantages of the conversion tool.
- This tool allows the setup process for the conversion of QuickBooks Files.
- It helps you understand the current business status.
- A log is created to track the record of all the conversions made.
- It eases the setup process required to convert QB files.
- The conversion tool imports data from the new QuickBooks Company file easily.
- Data security is not harmed during data conversion.
- It gives a choice of an import list that helps to list the plus/minus balances & historical transactions altogether.
- The tool doesn’t change the current company files.
After getting a clear picture of what exactly the conversion tool is and its benefits, you must proceed to download it. To help you with that, we have mentioned all the required downloaded steps ahead.
How To Download The QuickBooks Data Conversion Tool?
To avail all the advantages mentioned above, you have to download the conversion tool first. You may do that by following the below-given steps:
- At first, you have to download the QuickBooks Conversion Tool by clicking HERE. Then, open the folder in which you have saved the downloaded file.
- Now, right-click on the QuickBooks conversion tool icon and select the Properties option.
- Under the compatibility mode checkmark Run this program in compatibility for option. Also, choose Windows 8 even if you have Windows 10 from the drop-down and click on OK.
- Lastly, right-click on the QuickBooksConversionToolSetup.exe and select the option Run as Administrator.
After downloading, you have to set up the data conversion tool so that you can use it further. For that, you must proceed to the next section. It will help you set up the conversion tool efficiently.
Also Read: How do I Move QuickBooks to New Computer?
Steps To Setup QuickBooks Conversion Tool
Once you have downloaded the conversion tool for QuickBooks, you must go ahead and set it up. But, before that, you need to make sure that QB is installed and registered. Below we have listed all the steps that you must follow to set up the conversion tool:
- To begin, double-click on the Conversion Tool and open it.
- Then, select either of the two options: My Client Company or My own company.
- After that, select the accounting software from the drop-down menu and click on Next.
- Now, select the required company file and select Next.
- Further, select the QuickBooks product, go to the folder where your company file is saved, and click on Next.
- Now, select the conversion levels as per the list & transaction or only list and click on Next.
- Select the accounting preferences as per the company’s date and name and click on Next.
- Lastly, verify all the entered details and click on Start.
- The process may take some time, depending on the file size. It will display the list of conversions on completion and then click on Finish.
Note: If the data is already in QuickBooks format, you don’t need the conversion tool to convert it.
Want to Switch to QuickBooks?
We have tried to give all the necessary information related to Intuit QuickBooks Conversion Tool and hope you have downloaded and set it up without much trouble. However, if there is any further query that you have come across, we suggest you get in touch with our experts by dialing our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359. Our professionals will make sure to resolve all your issues at the earliest.