QuickBooks Sync Manager is an integral feature of the QuickBooks accounting application that allows it to sync the Desktop version of the QuickBooks application with Intuit online server and other third-party applications. It further allows you to exchange data between the QB Desktop and a version stored in the cloud server. As a result, changes made in the desktop will be synced automatically with the server. However, due to the discontinuity of Intuit Sync Manager, the third-party application access to Sync Manager ended on March 1, 2016. Therefore, developers are trying to bridge their applications with QuickBooks, and others are testing their plugins. Such changes often result in QuickBooks Sync Manager Error that restricts the user from accessing the company file and thus, you cannot proceed with the on-going task. When it occurs, an error message appears on your screen that reads:
“There was an error loading the files from the path.”
Moreover, the QuickBooks Sync Manager error message suggests you to get in touch with the customer support to get more information about the error. If you’re wondering about the reasons that trigger this issue, then you must proceed to the next section. We have covered all the possible causes behind sync manager error.
Are you looking for advanced solutions to resolve Sync Manager error in QuickBooks? Well, in that case, you must get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.
What Triggers Intuit Sync Manager Discontinued ?
Several reasons such as damaged sync manager components can result in QuickBooks sync manager discontinued error. However, the reasons aren’t restricted to these. Below we have listed all such possible causes that bring forth the QuickBooks Online Sync Manager error:
- You may end up with the QuickBooks Sync Manager error code due to missing or damaged Windows components.
- Connectivity Issues during data transfers can also result in Intuit QuickBooks sync manager has stopped working error.
- Another reason is when the firewall or the Internet Security blocks the sync.
- Intuit Sync Manager has stopped Working can also take place due to missing QuickBooks Sync Manager Updates.
- Due to hampered network connectivity or a Firewall/Internet Security blockage while uploading the data, you might end up with QuickBooks Sync Error 5_13944.
- You might end up with QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7118 because of the inaccessibility of the file. It can be either when you moved your company file to a different location or it’s not readable for disk errors.
- QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7300 results due to failure to write the downloaded data to the QuickBooks Company File in the middle of the syncing process.
Various Instances Of Intuit Sync Manager Has Stopped Working
There are several circumstances that may result in QuickBooks Intuit sync manager stopped working or discontinued . Below we have discussed some of the common error messages that you may come across while using the QuickBooks accounting application:
- QuickBooks Sync Manager Error.
- Error: Loading from the path.
- Error: Sync Manager not set up.
- How to remove the intuit sync manager.
- Intuit sync manager discontinued.
- Sync manager error QuickBooks.
- error loading files from path intuit sync manager.
- QuickBooks has stopped working
- QB sync manager not working.
- QuickBooks sync manager not working etc.
How To Fix QuickBooks Sync Manager Not Working Error?
As discussed above, there are various instances and causes that may result in QuickBooks sync manager error. However, you don’t need to panic for the same. Here, we have discussed some of the effective troubleshooting solutions that can help you make Intuit Sync Manager Error Free.
Step 1: Rename Intuit Sync Manager Folder
- Firstly, you have to close the QuickBooks Company File and then, the QuickBooks Application.
- Further, update the QuickBooks application as per the latest release.
- Go to the System Tray and right-click Sync Manager icon and select Exit to close the sync Manager.
- Search for the Sync Manager folder by following the file path:
Note: The location can be different as per the version of Windows or the folder chosen while installing
- Restart your computer and start the QuickBooks application once again (The Sync Manager folder is automatically created).
- Lastly, you may try to Sync the information once again and check if it has resolved QuickBooks Sync manager not working error.
Step 2: Fix QuickBooks Sync Error Manager 17_7300
- Open the QuickBooks Company File.
- Go to the menu bar and click on the Edit menu and select Integrated Applications from the left pane and click on My Preferences Tab from the right pane.
- Make sure to mark the Intuit Sync Manager from Company Preferences checkbox.
- At last, try to Sync the information once again to check if the QuickBooks sync Manager Error is fixed or not.
Step 3: Fix QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 5_13944
Make sure the server URLs related to Sync Manager are up and running and blocked by Firewall or Internet Security. However, you may try to open https://services.intuit.com and https://datasync.intuit.com from the Internet Browser. Besides, if the Firewall or Internet security settings are blocking the sync process, then you need to exempt the URLs from setting obstructions.
- Firstly, go to the Sync Manager folder and remove the crt file.
- Further, you have to install the QuickBooks Sync Manager once again. However, if already installed you can reset the Sync Settings.
- Try to Sync the data once again and check if the QuickBooks Desktop Sync Manager error persists or not. However, if QuickBooks sync Manager Error persists then you may wait for some time and try again.
Read also: How To Recover Lost Data With QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery?
Step 4: Fix QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7118
- Go to the System Tray, right-click Sync Manager icon and click on Exit to close the sync Manager.
- Further, close the QuickBooks Company file and close the QuickBooks application.
- Open the QuickBooks application once again. Make sure that you don’t open the company file.
- Further, update QuickBooks desktop application as per its latest version.
- Open the Intuit Sync Manager and check for version from the help menu. If not updated, you must update QuickBooks as per the latest release.
- Try syncing it again and you may not see QuickBooks Sync Manager Error.
Step 5: Fix QuickBooks Sync Manager Error on Windows 10
At times, you might end up with Intuit QuickBooks Sync Manager Not Working Error while updating Windows 10 from any of the previous windows. It mainly takes place due to incompatible, damaged or missing Sync Manager components. However, you may resolve sync manager error by following the below-given steps:
- Firstly, you have to close the QuickBooks Company File and QuickBooks Application.
- Then, you have to update QuickBooks as per its latest version.
- Meanwhile, right-click the Sync Manager icon from the System Tray and select the Exit Option. It will close the sync Manager.
- Further, search for the Sync Manager folder by following the file path:
- After that, restart your computer and start the QuickBooks application once again.
- At last, you may try to Sync the information once again to resolve the QB sync Manager Error.
Read also: How To Fix ‘QuickBooks Company File Not Found’ Error?
Step 6: Configure Intuit Sync Manager
The below-given steps will help you reset the QuickBooks Data Sync matrix. Moreover, it will help you to begin a fresh start by clearing the previous logs and thus, you may fix sync Manager Error in QuickBooks.
- At first, open the QuickBooks Desktop Application.
- Go to the help menu and from there, click on Manage Data Sync.
- Reset Intuit Sync Manager and click on Reset Data when it prompts on your screen.
- Lastly, sign back into Sync Manager by entering the valid credentials.
Step 7: Download and install Intuit Sync Manager once again
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks application and the company file that is having issues with Intuit Sync Manager.
- Then, make sure to create a backup of your company file in local or external media.
- After that, click on the Windows icon and open the Control Panel.
- Then, select Programs and Features followed by QuickBooks from the installed Program list.
- Moving ahead, click on the Uninstall/Change option from the installed programs list and uninstall QuickBooks.
- Try to rename the Intuit Folders by selecting them in a particular order and then, press the F2 key. Below we have specified the folder list:
- C:\Users(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX
- C:\Users(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
Note: To rename the folders, you need to add .OLD at the end of the folder name.
- Now, go to the Window Task Manager and end all the QuickBooks processes.
- Then, you need to download the version of your QuickBooks application.
- Further, follow the Installation Wizard instructions until the installation process finishes.
- At last, open and activate your QuickBooks application.
Get Professionals Help To Fix Sync Manager Error!
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve the QuickBooks sync manager error without any hassle. However, if you get stuck while following any of the above-listed solutions, we would suggest you give us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.