QB users have complained about failure to open the company file due to QuickBooks error 6106. Damaged and corrupted configuration files generally lead to this error 6106. The error can also occur due to firewalls blocking the internet flow for the QuickBooks application.
Looking for technical assistance to fix QuickBooks Error 6106 1069? Contact QuickBooks customer support at +1.855.738.0359, and they can guide you on how to fix it.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 6106 1069
QuickBooks Error code 6106 1069 arises while trying to open the company file. It occurs because of damage in your company file or the QuickBooks Desktop application problems. The complete list of reasons is as follow:-
- The user’s company file is damaged.
- There is damage in QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- The user is using an outdated QuickBooks desktop application
Methods to Fix Intuit Error Code -6106, 1069
The method to fix intuit error code -6106, 1069 involves updating your QB application and running the QB file doctor. Let’s look at these solutions in detail:-
Solution 1- Update QuickBooks Desktop Application
An outdated application is a cause for QuickBooks Desktop error -6106, 1069. You can update it by following these steps:-
- Close your company file and then tap on the Help menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks, and then a new window will open up.
- Go to the Update Now tab and tick mark the box beside Reset Update to delete all the previously downloaded updates.
- Tap on the Get Updates icon and wait for the download to complete.
- Then rerun your application and tap on yes when a prompt to install an update appears.
Solution 2- Use QuickBooks File Doctor from QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks File Doctor allows you to fix the damage in your company file. You can access it from QuickBooks Tool Hub (most recent version 220.127.116.11). If you don’t have Tool Hub within your application, you will have to download the stand-alone application version as you might be using an older version of the QuickBooks desktop application. The steps to use QuickBooks File Doctor are:-
- Run the QuickBooks tool hub and click on Company File Issues.
- Tap on Run QuickBooks File Doctor and wait for the file doctor to open.
Note:- It can take up to a minute to open a file doctor. If it does not open, go to the windows search bar, type QuickBooks Desktop File Doc, and open it manually.
- Browse through the list and select your company file. If you can’t find your file, tap on Browse and Search and type in your file name.
- Click on Check your file (middle options only) and click on Continue.
- Enter your QuickBooks admin password and click on Next.
The time to scan your file depends on the size of your file. It generally takes up to 5 minutes. Rerun the QuickBooks application and open your company file.
So now we hope you know how to fix QuickBooks error 6106 1069. File doctor can help you fix other errors too that arise because of a damaged company file. If the error still arises on your system, reach out to an expert at +1.855.738.0359, and they will guide you with an advanced troubleshooting method.