The Outlook from Microsoft is used as an e-mail manager by a large number of QB users. It’s just not limited to sending e-mails and can be integrated with various online and third-party applications. It further reduces the complexity that you may come across while sending an e-mail. Once you have integrated with the Desktop version of QuickBooks, it gives fast access to the users for sending an e-mail via the Desktop application by using Outlook as a first email client. However, if there is any misconfiguration with the Windows settings, then you may end up with QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error. Follow this blog to know the reasons and its troubleshooting steps.
Does your outlook freeze when sending e-mails from QuickBooks? If yes, then you can get in touch with our experts by placing a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number or connect through chat.
Why Is QuickBooks Unable To Send Your Emails To Outlook?
When the error QuickBooks 2018 Outlook is not responding takes place, you must shut all the active Windows. Moreover, before you proceed to the solution, you must know the reason behind it. Here, we have listed down all the possible reasons due to which the error QuickBooks Outlook is not responding crops up:
- It takes place due to improper email settings in QuickBooks.
- Incorrect installation of the QuickBooks Desktop application can trigger this issue.
- Another reason can be the corrupted or damaged installation of the desktop application.
- Outlook QuickBooks Error occurs due to default e-mail settings in the window or internet explorer.
- MAP132 .dll file is an e-mail configuration document, and any damage in this file can trigger the QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error.
- At times, when you are trying to send an e-mail via QuickBooks and are running the Microsoft outlook application in the background, you might end up with the Outlook error.
Points You Must Remember Before Fixing QuickBooks Outlook Is Not Responding
If you are facing “QB outlook is not responding” error and you are trying to fix it. We have listed some important points that you must remember before fixing this error.
1: Make Modification In The System Setting
- In the first place, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, click the F2 key followed by the F3 key for opening the Help window.
- Further, navigate to the Open File tab, and then open the QBW.INI file from the available list.
- The file opens in Notepad, where you have to add a new line at the bottom of the text.
- To proceed, you have to click on that File and then save it.
- Right after you have saved the file, close the Notepad.
- At last, start QuickBooks once again.
2: Update The latest Release Of MS Office 365
- At first, you have to open Outlook.
- You must then click on the File tab and then select Office Account, followed by the About Outlook button.
- Make sure that the latest release of build 12527.20242 displays on your computer screen.
- For updating the latest release, you must click on Update Options. Once done, select the Update Now option.
- Lastly, you must access QuickBooks and then try to mail your report or transaction by using Outlook.
Steps To Resolve If QuickBooks Cannot Send Email To Outlook
Here, We have listed all troubleshooting guides to fix the issue QuickBooks outlook has stopped working. You can try using the below-mentioned solutions to get rid of your QuickBooks Cannot Send Email to Outlook issue.
Solution 1: Ensure that QuickBooks Sets Prefer to Run as an Admin
- At first, right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop and choose Properties.
- Then, navigate to the Compatibility tab, and unmark the “Run this Programming as Administrator checkbox” option.
- Once you find an option that is already unchecked, click on the Apply option.
- After that, click on OK and restart your system.
- Lastly, check if your issue QuickBooks Outlook is not Responding has been resolved or not.
Solution 2: Verify Email Preferences for QuickBooks
If you’re trying to email your customers through the QB application and the ‘QuickBooks setup exe has stopped working’ issue occurs. In that case, you must verify your email preferences for QB by following the troubleshooting methods mentioned below:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks and then click on the EDIT tab.
- From the available preferences, you need to choose the option Send Forms.
- Now, click on the My Preference tab and click on the option send the e-mail.
- Click OK.
If still the error persists after sending a test email from QuickBooks Desktop, Follow the below steps.
- Next, click on the Edit tab followed by the Preferences option.
- Click on Send forms followed by the My Preference tab.
- After that, click on the QuickBooks followed by OK.
- To proceed, choose the Edit option and click on Preferences.
- Then, select Outlook and click on OK.
- Now, you have to exit from QuickBooks and click on the Outlook Application.
- Lastly, restart your system and windows and then, trying sending an e-mail by using QuickBooks again.
Has this method fixed your error “QuickBooks sending email through Outlook is not responding”? If not, then you can jump to the next process.
Solution 3: Check and verify internet Explorer’s Email Preferences
- To begin, you have to close QuickBooks and shut down all the company files.
- Now, run the internet explorer and click on the gear icon.
- Choose Internet Options from the available preferences.
- After that, you have to open the Programs tab and make sure that you have chosen outlook as the default e-mail program in the setting section.
- Click on Apply, followed by OK.
- Now, close the internet explorer and send an e-mail via QuickBooks.
- If due to any reason, QuickBooks freezes when sending an email, you have set up the outlook as default email then you must look for another alternative.
Is QuickBooks still unable to send your emails to outlook 365? If yes, then you must proceed to the next method.
Solution 4: Needs to Repair Corrupted or damaged MAP132.dll File
Are you looking for a method that can help you fix if the outlook is not responding to QuickBooks? You can follow the below-listed steps:
- In the first place, you have to shut down the running applications on windows.
- Now, open the window file manager and move to the C:\ Windows\ System32 folder.
- Then, find and double-click on the Fixmapi.exe file.
- Once the tool finds out the MAP132.dll file, navigate to QuickBooks and try sending an e-mail to check the error status.
Step 5: Install QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
Note: Before you begin following this method, we suggest you to keep the License number and Product ID handy for your current QuickBooks version.
- Firstly, you must close all the opened programs and applications.
- Then, open the Task Manager and ensure that you have closed all QuickBooks processes along.
- After that, download and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for renaming all the QuickBooks applications and program files.
- Now, you need to restart your computer.
- Further, you must manually rename the remaining folders.
- Afterward, uninstall QuickBooks and Reboot your computer.
- Moving ahead, you must download QuickBooks from an online source or install it using an installation disk. Once you have installed it, you must enter your license number and product ID.
- Once the installation process completes and reactivates QuickBooks, you must go ahead and update your application and company file.
- Lastly, try sending an email and verify if your issue is fixed or not.
Need Professional’s Assistance!
We have put in our best efforts to list down the most effective methods that can help you to resolve the error QuickBooks Outlook Is Not Responding. But in case you are still searching for some other measures or are stuck at any of the above methods, then we suggest you take the assistance of our experts by placing a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number. Our professionals will assist you with some handy solutions that can resolve the error at the earliest possible time.
Outlook Starts Freezing While Sending Emails FAQs –
If you come across any e-mailing invoices or statement errors via QuickBooks, then it can block all the ways that you might use to send e-mails. To get rid of this error, you need to follow an effective troubleshooting guide. Make sure that your QuickBooks doesn’t run as an administrator. Additionally, check and verify to have a correct e-mail preference setting. Also, it’s essential to have valid e-mail preferences in internet explorer.
For repairing QuickBooks, you must first close QuickBooks and other open programs. Then, restart the window. After that, click on Edit followed by the Preferences option. Once done, click on Send Forms> My Preference tab> QuickBooks E-mail> OK. After that, click on the Edit option and open preferences. Lastly, choose Outlook and click on OK.
At first, navigate to the edit menu. Now follow this order: Preferences> Send Forms. Further, you have to open the “My Preferences” tab and mark the “Webmail Radio” button. After that, click on the “Add” button. Now, enter the E-mail information screen and click on OK for saving the new preferences.
For achieving this, choose sales and click on “Invoices” from the Toolbar menu. Now, select the invoice option from the “List of Transactions.” After that, from the drop-down menu of the Actions column, you have to choose the “Send to an e-mail the invoice to the customer” option.
It may be because of the incorrect email settings of QuickBooks.