QuickBooks is one of the most preferred accounting software by the business due to its advanced and robust features. Amidst the variety of features. QuickBooks can close unexpectedly after opening due to a variety of reasons, including corrupted or damaged files, outdated software, incompatible hardware, or a virus or malware infection. Also, you might experience problems where QuickBooks closes unexpectedly or crashes automatically with or without an error message, mostly while performing the following action:
- When you try to email a huge report.
- If you randomly start working on transactions, such as Invoices & Sales Orders
- When you choose different Centers to work.
- And when you work in Report Center.
There are several issues that can take place now and then. But when the Quickbooks app keeps crashing, you should get it fixed quickly with a few tricks. Mostly, while working on the outdated Windows OS, you might come across the QuickBooks Keep Closing or stop working issue for many causes. It can appear in any of the below forms:
- QuickBooks has stopped working.
- No error (QuickBooks just disappears while working)
- Unrecoverable Error (random codes)
- A problem caused the program to stop working correctly or Windows is trying to find a solution.
Due to this, your application may just freeze, restricting you from performing any further operations, and thus, you would end up losing all the unsaved work. Such kinds of crashes may also lead to the loss of crucial business accounting data. Thus, it’s essential for you to resolve such issues at the earliest. But before that, you need to know what reasons can trigger such unexpected crashes. We have listed all such possible causes later in this blog.
Does your QuickBooks program quits unexpectedly? Well, don’t panic! Our team can assist you with effective troubleshooting solutions to fix QuickBooks online keeps freezing unexpectedly. So, place a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359.
Main Causes Behind QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly Problem
Did it happen that you get an error: QuickBooks crashing frequently while trying to open the QuickBooks Desktop application? Or maybe you didn’t get QB crashes unexpectedly error, but the program is frozen or shut down suddenly. Well, there can be numerous reasons behind QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close, including computer viruses, outdated software, insufficient RAM or hard drive space, conflicts between QuickBooks and other programs, or corrupted data. It is important to check for these potential causes and take corrective action in order to prevent further crashes. Below we have listed all such possible causes:
- The company name might exceed the character limit and, thus, is not following the specified standards.
- QuickBooks crashing constantly issue can result due to damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- Another reason behind the issue of QuickBooks crashes on startup can be a corrupted hard drive.
- QuickBooks Enterprise closes unexpectedly due to damaged program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- QuickBooks crashes when opening a company file due to a damaged Windows operating system.
- Outdated QuickBooks application also triggers QuickBooks online keeps freezing unexpectedly error.
- While randomly working on invoices or Sales Orders.
- Due to the increased workload of various reports being used side by side.
- Because of QuickBooks Bex Error.
- While mailing a large Report, working with a report center and working in different centers.
How To Identify When QuickBooks Crash Unexpectedly or Frozen?
Below we have listed some of the common identifying measures that can help you identify why QuickBooks closes when opening company file. No doubt, getting aware of all such situations makes troubleshooting way easier. Let’s have a look:
- Due to the error QuickBooks Desktop closes unexpectedly, you won’t be able to open your QuickBooks Desktop application even after trying multiple times.
- The application starts to freeze at regular intervals, and QuickBooks loads slowly.
- The Operating System of your computer crashes abruptly.
- QuickBooks application may suddenly crash while performing an operation.
- You might end up receiving repeated error messages for application failure.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Keeps Crashing Unexpectedly Issue
Note: To keep your data secure, make sure to create a backup of your company data. It will help you restore the QuickBooks company file in case of accidental data loss.
Solution 1: Run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
To fix QuickBooks crashes when opening company file error, you need to run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub by following the below-given steps:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop application in the first place.
- Then, you have to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file.
- Once done, open the downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe and install the Tool Hub by following the on-screen instructions.
- After that, open it by double-clicking on the Tool Hub icon on your Windows desktop.
- Further, select the Program Problems followed by Quick Fix my Program.
- At last, reopen the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Read more: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83? (Company File Issue)
Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool automatically diagnose and fix issues with Microsoft components like QuickBooks online keeps freezing that the QB program utilizes for its functionality.
- Firstly, you have to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and select Program Problems.
- Then, select QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool and let it run. It can take up to 20 minutes to detect and fix the issue of QuickBooks freezes when opening company file.
- Once the tool finishes, restart your computer and restart the QuickBooks application.
Solution 3: Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
You might end up with QuickBooks is constantly crashing issue due to damaged or missing QBWUSER.ini file. Thus, you have to rename the QBWUSER.ini file to fix this error. Following the below-mentioned steps may help:
Note: One needs to know that whenever you rename the QBWUSER.INI file, it will erase the list of your previously opened company files. Therefore, you have to re-open your company file manually.
- Firstly, you have to open the folder in which you have saved the QBWUSER.ini file. Follow the given file path:
Users[Your user name]AppDataLocalIntuitQuickBooks [year]
- If due to any reason, you are unable to see the folder, then, you might have to enable hidden files and folders.
- After that, right-click on the QBWUSER.ini file and select the Rename option.
- Now, add .old at the end of the file name. For example, QBWUSER.ini.old and rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- At last, try to open the QuickBooks Desktop application once again, check is error still persists?.
Solution 4: Repair the program
The chances are high that you might be using an updated QB application and also a compatible OS version. However, did you try repairing the program? It might help you resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Keeps Crashing Error. Follow the below-given steps to repair the program
Note: To avoid any accidental data loss, make sure to create a backup of your company file before proceeding with the below-given troubleshooting steps.
- Firstly, you need to reboot the computer.
- Then, click on the Windows menu and go to the Control Panel.
- From there, you have to select the Programs and Features option followed by Uninstall a Program.
Note: If you are unable to find the Programs and Features option, then, select Programs instead. Then, you can select Program and Features.
- From the list of Programs, you have to select QuickBooks followed by Uninstall/Change.
- Then, click on Continue and then on Repair.
- Again, click on Next and wait for the tool to start its diagnosis.
- Once done, click on Finish.
Once the repair process completes, run QuickBooks as an Admin. For doing that, right-click on the QuickBooks icon in the desktop and select Run as Administrator option.
Related post: How To Fix QuickBooks Error H202 – blocked multi-user mode
Solution 5: Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop application
At times, QuickBooks Crashes due to damage in the company file. However, to make sure if the issue is with QuickBooks or your data file, QuickBooks must try to open your previous company file. You may follow the below-given steps for doing so:
- Press and hold the Ctrl key, then double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
Important: You don’t have to leave the Ctrl key until you see the “No Company Open” window unless QuickBooks freezes or might result in an error message as well.
- At last, select a company file and click on Open.
Solution 6: Run the Clean Install tool from the Tools Hub
The Clean Install tool auto-renames your old install folders for you. This allows QuickBooks to add new install files when you reinstall. It won’t remove your company files.
Solution 7: Update Windows
Outdated Window updates can result in error: QuickBooks freezes on employee center. Thus, you must update it to fix install errors by following the below-given steps:
Important: To know how to update your version of Windows from Microsoft, you can go to the Windows Update article.
- Once the update finishes, restart your workstation.
- If you are able to open the QuickBooks application before the occurrence of this error, then try to open QuickBooks and your company file.
- However, if due to any reason you are unable to install QuickBooks Desktop, try to install it again.
- Lastly, if you are able to install and open the QuickBooks application, then your error is resolved. If not, you can proceed to the next solution.
Solution 8: Manually fix Windows components
If the QuickBooks Install Tool and the update didn’t fix the QuickBooks closes unexpectedly error, you can try repairing specific Windows components on your own.
Note: Follow the below-given steps, if you’re someone who is a confident Windows user, or have help from Microsoft support experts.
- Repair or reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
- Repair Microsoft MSXML
Solution 9: Use Selective Startup to install QuickBooks Desktop
To get around third-party applications that may block the install, like antivirus and antispyware programs, you have to install QuickBooks while in Selective Startup (Safe Mode).
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- Type msconfig in the text space and click on OK.
- Now, go to the General tab and select Selective startup and Load system services.
- After that, navigate to the Services tab and then, select Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Further, click on the Disable all option.
- Make sure to unmark the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Along with that, you need to make sure that you have selected the Windows Installer checkbox from the list of services. However, if it’s not, then select the checkbox and click on OK.
- At last, click on the Restart option on the System Configuration window.
Also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Crash Com Error in QB Desktop?
Solution 10: Update The QuickBooks application
You might end up with several QuickBooks-related errors, such as QuickBooks keeps crashing unexpectedly due to an outdated QB application. The reason can be an issue on the computer itself or how QuickBooks interacts with your system. Thus, it’s essential to update your QuickBooks Desktop application as per the latest release (upgrade to newer versions of QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus, Premier Plus, or Enterprise) as it becomes available to ensure that you have all the updated components.
But here are a few quick steps that can help in executing this process correctly.
- Start by locating and then right-clicking on the QB desktop icon on your device.
- Now from the options that open in front of you, just choose “run as administrator.”
- When you see the prompt message, just punch the login credentials and click on the “enter button.”
- Next, you will have to go to the “Help Tab” and then select the “update Quickbooks desktop” option from it. And by doing so, you will get the window of “Quickbooks update.”
- From here, you will have to now head to the “update now” tab and click on the “get updates” option from the list.
- By doing so, you will get all the recent releases from Intuit in front of you.
- Just download and then install these updates and then shut down the application. Then, you need to just select “install updates.”
- After that simply reboot the system after confirming the installation properly.
- Now try performing a task on Quickbooks and check whether it works fine or QuickBooks still crashes when opening a company file or performing any other task.
Need Help To Resolve QuickBooks App Keeps Crashing Error!
We have tried to provide you with all the effective troubleshooting methods that can help you resolve the error QuickBooks closes unexpectedly without any hassle. However, if you get stuck while following any of the above-listed solutions, then we would suggest you get in touch with Asquare Cloud Hosting experts by giving us a call at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359. Our team is available 24X7 to assist you with the best troubleshooting solutions to get errors: QuickBooks crashes resolved.
Ans: If your QuickBooks file has corrupted and you are trying to restore it. In this case, the QB does not understand what to do, so it freezes & close immediately.
Ans: If QuickBooks suddenly disappears while you are working on it, it could be an issue with your computer’s performance. You can try restarting your computer and running a virus scan to make sure it’s not an issue with a virus or malware. If the issue persists, you may need to reinstall QuickBooks.
Ans: QuickBooks may keep closing out due to a variety of reasons, such as a corrupted file, an outdated version of the software, or a conflict with another program. It is important to troubleshoot the issue to determine the exact cause.
Ans: Yes, repairing or reinstalling programs will not delete your company files. Your company files will remain on the computer and can be accessed in the same location as before.
Ans: No, QuickBooks will not automatically shut down due to Windows issues. However, if you experience an issue with Windows or QuickBooks, you should contact an expert for assistance.
Ans: The most likely reason for QuickBooks crashing when trying to email a large report is that the file size is too large for the email system to handle. This can happen if the report contains a lot of data or if the file size is too large for the email system to process. In this case, you may need to reduce the size of the report by removing unnecessary data or compressing the file size.
Ans: The time it takes to update the QuickBooks software will depend on the size of the update and your internet connection speed. Generally, software updates can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours to complete.
Related Search Terms
QuickBooks keeps freezing unexpectedly, QuickBooks freezes When opening company file, QB desktop crashing unexpectedly, QuickBooks crashes suddenly, QuickBooks Keep Shutting Down unexpectedly,
Related Posts –
Resolve QuickBooks Error H505 (Multi-User Mode Issues)
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1603: Unable to Apply Patch