QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error is amongst one of the common errors that users come across while trying to open or save the company file. This error category displays fifty different error codes, each containing 10-digits in a “5-digits space 5-digits” (XXXXX XXXXX) sequence. It mainly displays as you might have left many windows open when you last closed the file. However, due to the random nature of the errors, the error number you get may differ from what is shown. You might be wondering about the reasons behind this error. To help you with that, we have mentioned all the possible instances in the next section of this blog.
Need Expert Help: Are you looking for an advanced solution to fix Intuit QuickBooks unrecoverable error? If yes, then we would suggest you to get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1 855-738-0359
Instances When You Might Encounter Unrecoverable Error In QuickBooks
Here, we have mentioned some of the instances where you might end up with QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error. However, you need to know that the situations aren’t limited to these:
- When you try to open or close a company file.
- While you shut any open window in a company file.
- It also occurs when you try to create a backup, a company file or a portable file.
- Another instance is when you download a payroll update.
- When you open any window in QuickBooks (Home Page, Company Snapshot, Reports, Transaction)
- Unrecoverable Error In QuickBooks may occur while running verify or rebuild utility, saving a transaction, sending payroll via Direct Deposit or while using the Open Previous Company feature.
Troubleshooting Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Code
Here, we have mentioned some of the effective resolution methods by following which you would be able to fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error. But before you proceed to do this, here we have mentioned some of the key factors that you must take into consideration:
- Make sure to update QuickBooks Desktop as per the latest release.
- Always create a backup of your company file.
- Whenever you come across an unrecoverable error in QuickBooks Desktop, click on Send.
Solution 1: Identify how many users are affected
Note: If you’re somebody who doesn’t use a username to open your company file or if there are no users that can access your company file, you can straightaway proceed to the next solution to fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error.
Moreover, you can identify the affected users by using a different log in credential for opening the same company file. If the QuickBooks unrecoverable error code occurs in a specific user, in that case, that user credential might be damaged. If so, you can recreate the damaged user by following the below-given steps:
A regular user is damaged
- Go to the Company menu, from there, select Set Up Users and Passwords followed by Set Up Users.
For Enterprise users: Go to the Company menu> Users> Set Up Users and Roles.
- Select Add User option. Further, enter the username and password and click Next.
Note: Make sure to not use the damaged user name.
- You can customize the user as per your needs and then, click on Finish.
- Go to the File menu and select Close Company/Logoff.
- At last, log in to the company file using the new login credential.
The Admin user is damaged
In this scenario, you need to run the QuickBooks File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error.
Solution 2: Suppress your QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1: Suppress the Desktop while starting QuickBooks
- Hold the Ctrl key and double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Further, hold the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window displays on the screen.
Step 2: Suppress the Desktop while opening a Company File
- Make sure to select the desired company file from the No Company Open window.
- Then, hold the Alt key and select Open.
- Leave the Alt key, whenever a prompt appears for your login information. Then, enter your user name and password. However, if the prompt doesn’t appear, then don’t release the Alt key.
- Moving ahead, hold the Alt key and click OK.
Note: Don’t release the Alt key until your file is completely open.
- Lastly, QuickBooks will display a blank screen. If you’re able to highlight the QuickBooks menu by just hovering over it, it means that your company file is completely open.
Solution 3: Open sample company file
To make sure if the QuickBooks unrecoverable error is with your company file or with QuickBooks itself, you can try opening a sample company file. For doing so, you can proceed with the below-given steps:
- Select Open a sample file option from the No Company Open window.
- Further, click on any sample file available on the list.
Follow the below-given steps to copy the company file to a different location:
To identify if the folder where the company file is saved is damaged, you can copy and open the company file from a different location. It will also help you know if your file exceeded the file system path limitation. Moreover, if the QuickBooks unrecoverable error appears even after moving the company file in a different location, it signifies that the company file or your QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- Right-click on the Desktop, select New> Folder. Name this folder as QBTEST.
- Then, open the folder in which you have saved your company file. Right-click the file and select Copy.
- Paste the company file in the QBTEST folder and then, open it from there.
- If the sample file opens, it signifies that either your company file or the folder that stores your company file is damaged. Thus, you must try to copy your file to a different location.
- If the unrecoverable error in QuickBooks Desktop persists, you can try to restore QuickBooks’ company file by using a recent backup or ADR. However, if this doesn’t help you fix the QuickBooks unrecoverable error, then, you can perform a basic resolution to fix your damaged data.
If you get the error message while opening the sample company even after following the above steps, you must proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4: From the QuickBooks Tools Hub, run the Quick Fix my Program.
To run the Quick Fix my program, you need to first download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub (184.108.40.206). Moreover, you must try using the Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit as it will help you fix common errors like QuickBooks unrecoverable error that you might come across while using the QB application. Once installed, you have to run the Quick Fix. It will run a quick repair on your program and will shut down any background process that QuickBooks might be using.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select Program Problems.
- Select Quick Fix my Program.
Solution 5: Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Application
- Repair QuickBooks Desktop.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select Installation Issues and then QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select Clean Install Tool.
- Further, you need to fix the Microsoft .NET Framework manually by following the below-given steps:
Manually Fix Microsoft .NET Framework to Fix QuickBooks unrecoverable error
- Click on the Windows icon and type Control Panel.
- Go to the Programs and Features and select Uninstall a Program option.
- Then, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Further, you need to check .NET Framework 4.5(or later) and 3.5 SP1 settings as per the below specified conditions:
Case 1: If .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 checkbox isn’t marked
- Turn on .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 by marking the checkbox.
- Then, click OK to save the changes.
- At last, restart your computer.
Case 2: When the .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 checkbox is marked
- Select the checkbox to turn off .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
Note: Don’t turn it on again.
- Further, save the changes by clicking on OK.
- Then, restart your computer.
- When you’re signed in back into Windows, follow the steps to turn on .NET Framework 4.5 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 again.
Solution 6: Create a new Windows Administrator
- Click on the Windows icon, go to Settings> Accounts> Family & other users> Add someone else to this PC.
- Then, click on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information option.
- Further, Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the name of the new account and click on Finish.
- Now, choose the newly created account and then, click on Account Type.
- Lastly, click on Administrator followed by OK.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys to open the Run window.
- There, type Control Panel and click OK.
- Further, select User Accounts> Manage another account> Other accounts > Add an account.
- Now, select Sign in without a Microsoft account followed by the Local account option.
- Enter the user name, password and password hint. Once done, select Next.
- It will take you back to the Manage Other Accounts screen. There, select the newly created account, then Edit.
- By default, the new user is set to standard user.
- Lastly, select the Administrator option from the drop-down menu and then, click OK.
Windows 8 and 7
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- There, type Control Panel and click OK.
- Further, select User Accounts> Manage another account> Create a new account.
- Now, enter the name of the new account.
- Once done, select Administrator followed by Create Account option.
Windows Server 2012
- Open Server Manager in the first place.
- Go to Tools and select Computer Management followed by Expand Local Users and Groups and Groups.
- Open the Administrator Properties window by double-clicking on the Administrator Groups. Then, Select Add.
- Further, enter the account you want to add to the local admin groups in the Select Users, Computers, Service Accounts or Groups window.
- At last, click OK.
Windows Small Business Server 2011 and 2008/R2
- Run the Windows SBS (2011/2008) console and select Users and Groups.
- Go to the Users tab and select Add a new user account to run the Add a New User Account wizard from the Tasks pane.
- When prompted, enter the required details and select the role for the new user.
- Further, enter a password for the new user.
Note: You must know that you won’t be able to continue without adding a password. Thus, make sure to meet the complexity requirements.
- Select Add user and follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- At last, click on Finish.
Find An Expert To Fix Unrecoverable Error Quickbooks Desktop!
We hope the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in this blog would have helped you understand what is the QuickBooks unrecoverable error & how to fix it without much trouble. However, if you get stuck or find it a bit complex, we would suggest you to get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1 855-738-0359.
Related Serach Terms
QuickBooks unrecoverable error when opening file,