QuickBooks assists its users with several features that make their everyday business tasks manageable. A PDF printer is one such feature using which you can save financial statements, reports, and forms as a PDF file. These files are comparatively smaller in size and can be protected with passwords if they contain crucial information about clients or company finances. However, you may end up with QuickBooks Save as PDF not working error when you update to Windows 10. Thus, you won’t be able to save your files in PDF format. When a QuickBooks PDF generation error occurs, the following error messages appear on your screen:
QuickBooks PDF Generation Message
QuickBooks could not save your form as a PDF file.
Do one or more of the following:
Try saving the form again.
Close all other open programs and then try to save the form again.
If the form does not display correctly in print preview, this could indicate a printing problem.”
“Your forms were not sent because QuickBooks could not create the necessary PDF files.”
Therefore, you need to fix it as soon as possible. To help you with that, we have listed all the possible effective methods later in this article. But, before that, let’s have a look at all the reasons that trigger this issue.
Have you ended up with the error save as PDF not working in QuickBooks? Well, don’t worry! Our support team will assist you with the best solutions. Place a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359
Main Causes Behind QuickBooks Form To PDF Error
Several reasons, such as connectivity issues with the printer, can trigger the QuickBooks Save as PDF Not Working error. It’s not restricted to this; below, we have mentioned the other possible causes responsible for the command failure:
- QuickBooks is unable to access the TEMP folder.
- There might be some issue with your workstation due to the updated Windows 10 XPS Document Writer device.
- The XPS Document Writer might have been damaged due to unknown reasons.
- QuickBooks freezes at regular intervals during reconciliation.
- QuickBooks is unable to complete an action due to the missing component.
After becoming aware of the possible reasons that trigger QuickBooks save as PDF not working error, let’s go ahead and look at the steps listed to resolve QuickBooks report to PDF not working error.
What To Do When QuickBooks Could Not Save Your Form As A PDF File?
The reasons vary, and so do the resolution methods. Below we have listed all the effective solutions that can help you fix QuickBooks save as PDF not working error on your system.
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool
You no longer need to worry if you ever end up with PDF and printing errors while using QuickBooks. Wondering why? That’s because it’s easier to resolve them by using the QuickBooks PDF & print repair tool. However, one has to install the QuickBooks tool hub on their system to run the utility. In case you haven’t, then download it from the official website of Intuit. Once installed, you may proceed with the below-given steps:
- Open QuickBooks tool hub in the first place.
- Go to the Program Problems tab and click on QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool to run the utility.
- Let the PDF repair tool begin the scan to detect and fix the issues.
Note: Make sure you don’t close the Print & PDF repair tool manually and let it close automatically.
- Once the tool closes down on its own, try to save the company file as a PDF again and check for the error status.
Are you still stuck with QuickBooks Save as PDF Not Working error? Don’t worry! Jump to the next one.
Solution 2: Change the Permission of TEMP Folder
All the information regarding the configuration of the QuickBooks PDF tool is stored in the TEMP folder. The PDF tool won’t function if QuickBooks is unable to access these files in the TEMP folder. In that case, you have to reset the permissions of the folder by following the below-given steps:
- To begin, close the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Now, press Windows + R Key simultaneously to open the Run window. Enter %TEMP% in the text space and click on OK.
- Right-click somewhere on an empty space within the temp folder and click on Properties.
- Then, go to the Security tab and ensure if each user name and group has Full Control or not. If not, set the permissions to Full Control and click on Save.
- At last, click on OK to exit from the window and try to save the file as a PDF in QuickBooks.
Hasn’t the above method helped you fix QuickBooks Save as PDF Not Working error? In that case, you can try the other listed solution.
Solution 3: Restore the Previous Drivers for the Microsoft XPS Document Writer (If updated to Windows 10)
Have you ended up with QuickBooks PDF Generation Error after upgrading the OS to Windows 10? Well, it’s because a new Microsoft XPS document writer device gets added to the system configuration. It attaches to the default port “PORTPROMPT.” It causes an issue with the workstation, and eventually, QuickBooks save as PDF not working error arises. To eliminate Error Saving QuickBooks Invoice as PDF, you have to delete the new Microsoft XPS document writer device and restore the drivers to the older version by following the given steps.
- Click on the Windows icon and type the phrase “Print Management” in the search bar. Then, press the Enter key.
- From there, select the Print Management program appearing as a top result.
- Click on Print Server from the left pane of the Print Management window.
- Now, click where your computer’s name appears and select the Printer option.
- On the right side, select Microsoft XPS Document Writer and click on the X mark on the toolbar.
- Right-click on the empty space anywhere and click on Add Printer.
- Click on Next on the Network Printer Installation Wizard and add a new printer by selecting Create a New Port option.
- Select Local Port from the Available Port Types drop-down menu and enter XPS under the Port Name. Then, click on OK.
- Click on the Have Disk icon on the Install the Printer Driver window.
- Insert the Windows Installation Disk, then browse and select the driver’s .inf file.
- Enter Microsoft XPS Document Writer as your printer’s name and click on Next.
- Lastly, reboot your system and try to create a PDF in QuickBooks once again.
Didn’t the above solution resolve the QuickBooks Save as PDF Not Working error? In that case, you can try the other solutions.
Solution 4: Remove the Logo from the Invoice Template
At times, the .jpg format of the company logo on the invoice creates an issue with the PDF tool, due to which QuickBooks could not save your form as a PDF file. In that case, you have two options: either replace it with a .bmp file or delete the logo from the invoice design by following the below-given steps.
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks application and click on the Gear icon.
- Go to the Company menu and select Custom Form Styles.
- Now, search for the template that you want to make changes in.
- After that, go to the Action column and click on Edit.
- Further, go to the Design tab and click on Make Logo Edits.
- At last, click on the Hide logo option followed by Done.
Solution 5: Check if reconcile window is appear off of the screen
If selecting reconciles from the banking menu locks up QuickBooks, but the PDF functions continue to work properly, then the reconcile window might appear off the screen. The user should follow the steps below:
- Firstly, you need to check if the reconcile window is listed in the window menu list.
- Then, click on close all and start the reconcile process once again.
If QuickBooks Save as PDF Not Working error persists, jump straight to the next one.
Solution 6: Bypass the print spooler
- At first, open the printer control panel in the windows.
- Then, right-click the Microsoft XPS document writer and select the printer properties.
- Go to the advanced tab and click on the print directly to the printer option.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
- Lastly, click on the close printer properties option.
Check If There Any Issue With The XPS Document Writer
If you encounter any issue with the Microsoft XPS Document Writer, you need to take expert assistance to fix it. Follow the below-given steps to know if you are able to save the file via the XPS Document Writer or not.
- Close QuickBooks application in the first place.
- Go to Notepad and type any text.
- Now, click on File and select Print, followed by the XPS Document Writer.
- Click on Print and enter a name for your file.
- Save the file on the desktop and open it to check if the file is correct or not.
- If you’re unable to open the file, it signifies that there is some issue with the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
Looking For Professionals Assistance!
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve QuickBooks Save as PDF Not Working issue. However, if none of the listed solutions work in your favor, then we would recommend you to get in touch with our experts by dialing Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359. They will provide an in-depth analysis of your issue and later a solution to it.