Whenever you install the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale application, it requires various files to support its functionality. One such file is an XML file, it stands for Extensible Markup Language. This file is generally used to store data in plain text format. QuickBooks and other software utilize the XML files to store, move and share data in between the hardware and other application components. But, at times, while opening the QBPOS users might come across QuickBooks XML error due to damage in the XML file. Whenever the issue occurs, the following error message appears on your screen stating:
“There is an error in XML document (0,0)”.
“Error : Process could not access file c:\ Programdata\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\v(x)\Sessiondata.xml because it is being used by another process”.
As a result, you won’t be able to access the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. And thus, it puts the entire work at a standstill. Thus, it becomes essential to resolve this error at the earliest. Before you begin to do so, you must become aware of the reasons that result in the XML error.
Getting issues while fixing QuickBooks XML Error and need instant help to fix it? Then, don’t worry and talk to our experts anytime by placing a call at the Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number. Our experts will provide you with the best possible assistance within the least time possible.
What Gives Rise to XML Error in QuickBooks Desktop POS?
Once you are aware of all the root causes that trigger XML Error in QuickBooks Desktop, it becomes more convenient to fix it. So, to help you out, here we have listed all such possible reasons behind the error. Go through it carefully.
- It might take place due to a damaged SessionData.xml file.
- Another reason may be damaged QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Entitlement Client folder.
- Incomplete installation of the QuickBooks Point of Sale might also result in QuickBooks XML error.
Here’s How To Resolve QuickBooks Desktop XML Error
Below we have listed all such possible troubleshooting solutions, implementing which you can easily resolve the QuickBooks Desktop XML Error.
Methods 1: Remove Files From the Entitlement folder
- Press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run window and type “services.msc” in the text field. Then, click OK.
- Right-click on the “Intuit Entitlement Services vX. (Here X is the highest number of versions you see).
- Now, close the window and then go through the Display files and folders or search for files using windows.
- Make sure that you have chosen the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option. Then, you need to click to clear the checkbox of “remove the Hide protected system operating files”.
- Open the C: drive > Programdata > Intuit > Entitlement Client > vX and then delete all the files from the folder.
Methods 2: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale
You must ensure that QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale is not running on your system before following the instructions to repair QuickBooks POS XML document errors.
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows + R key and type “appwiz.cpl” within the text field.
- Click the Ok and then review the list of all the programs installed in your system.
- From the list of options, select QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Desktop POS. Then, click the Repair option from the options at the top.
- Click the finish option and if still the issue persists then move towards the next troubleshooting solution.
Methods 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale
At times, you are required to perform the Clean reinstallation so that you can easily deal with problems related to installation or while running the software. Here we have mentioned the complete steps using which you can easily reinstall the application.
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
Before reinstalling the QuickBooks Point of Sale, you first have to uninstall the software that is previously installed in your system. You can uninstall the system using the Control Panel. Once you have uninstalled the application then you can move ahead to the next step of reinstallation.
Step 2: Rename All Points Of Sales Folder
If you are uninstalling QB Desktop POS from the server computer then copy the Point of Sale Data folder and paste it to your desktop. Also, you have to add .old at the end of the folder name so that it can prevent you from recognizing the folder to create a new one. Following are the folder locations:
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0
- Delete the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows
- Click on the Start menu and click the Control Panel to open it on your system.
- Thereafter, choose User Accounts and then click Manage another account.
- Moving ahead, click the Continue option from the UAC window.
- Thereafter, select QBPOSDBSrvUser and then click the Delete the account option.
- Now, you have to confirm the folder has been deleted.
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Firstly, you have to download the newly ;launched release of QuickBooks Point of Sale from Intuit.
- Once you successfully install the software, double-click on the downloaded setup file of QBPOS and click Next to begin the installation.
- Read the License Agreement thoroughly and then mark the checkbox of “I accept the terms in the License Agreement”.
- Moving ahead, insert the License and Product Number according to the version you are presently using.
- Select any of these installation type:
- For a single user, select the Only This Computer.
- Whereas, for multiple users, select Two or More computers.
- If you have opted for the Two or More Computers option then choose the type of workstation between the Server workstation and client workstation.
- Select the Install option to carry on with the installation. Then you must activate it by following the on-screen instructions.
- At last, you have to restore the company file.
Read more: How to Update Quickbooks Desktop to Latest Version 2021.
Get Professional Help To Fix QuickBooks XML Error!
We hope that the aforementioned troubleshooting solutions will definitely help you to fix QuickBooks XML error. However, if there is a scenario in which you are unable to deal with the XML errors in QuickBooks POS, then we suggest you contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team for instant help.
Related Search Terms