There’s no denying about the benefits that QuickBooks Payroll assists you with. But, there are certain instances where you might end up with issues while downloading a payroll update or activating a retail payroll subscription for QuickBooks Desktop. This mainly occurs due to the occurrence of QuickBooks error UEXP. It is mainly linked to QuickBooks Payroll service for Desktop version. When it takes place, an error message appears on the screen that reads:
“We are having difficulties verifying your account status. Error=UEXP”.
You might be wondering about the reasons that would have triggered QuickBooks Update Error UEXP. Don’t worry! We have covered all such reasons in the next section of this blog.
Need Expert Help: Looking for methods to fix Error UEXP while updating QuickBooks Desktop Payroll? Get in touch with our experts by placing a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.
Why Do I End Up With QuickBooks Error Code UEXP?
There are several factors that may trigger the QuickBooks Error Code UEXP. Below we have listed all such reasons:
- QuickBooks error UEXP occurs due to an outdated QuickBooks Desktop release.
- Another reason behind Error UEXP in QuickBooks is an outdated version of e-File and e-Pay in the current company file after upgrading QuickBooks Desktop from an earlier version to the current version.
- Payroll subscription is un-activated in the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
Best 3 Methods To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error=UEXP
Here, we have mentioned all the possible troubleshooting steps by following which you would be able to fix QuickBooks error UEXP.
Step 1: Download and Install Latest QuickBooks Desktop Updates
It’s important for the users to download and install the latest updates that Intuit releases, as it can fix the latest errors like QuickBooks error UEXP that you might come across while using the QuickBooks application. If in case, you haven’t turned on the automatic updates feature, then you must proceed with the below-given steps to update QB desktop manually:
- At first, close the company files and QuickBooks application.
- Double click the QuickBooks icon while holding the CTRL key until the No Company Open screen comes up.
- It will open the No Company Open window.
- There, go to the Help menu and choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Now, go to the Options tab, click on Mark All and click Save.
- Move to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Further, click on Get Updates and wait for the download to complete.
- Once the updates are installed, close the No Company Open window and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click Yes when the Install Update prompt appears on the screen.
- After the installation, reboot your computer.
Note: If you don’t want to get into this hectic procedure of manual updating any further, then, you must set the automatic updates for QuickBooks by following the given steps.
- Open the QuickBooks application, go to the Help menu and click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Under the Options tab, click on the Yes option against the automatic updates.
- Click on Close to exit the window.
Step 2: Create a Backup Copy of the Data File
To keep your company data secure from any unfortunate event of data corruption or accidental deletion, make sure to create a backup of your company file before making any program file changes. To do so, you can proceed with the below-given steps to fix QuickBooks error UEXP:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, go to the File menu and select the Switch to Single-user Mode option.
- Go back to the File menu again.
- Go to Back Up Company and click on Create Local Backup.
- On the pop-up window, click on Local Backup and select Next.
- Click on Browse under the Local Backup Only section, and choose the location where you want to save the backup company file.
- To make sure that your backup files are in a good state, a test will run before being saved on the system.
- Click OK followed by Save it now and Next.
Step 3: Replace the outdated e-File and e-pay Files
Once you install the QuickBooks updates, you need to update the e-File and e-Pay versions in the company file as outdated files become erroneous when the user opens them on the updated software. You may do so by following the below-given steps.
- Open the QuickBooks application.
- From there, go to the Employees menu and click on My Payroll Service and select Manage Service Key.
- On the QuickBooks Service Keys window, make sure to highlight the appropriate payroll service. Then, proceed with the following steps:
- If you’re using QuickBooks Desktop Direct Deposit, select Edit, then Next> Finish.
- If you aren’t using QuickBooks Direct Deposit, select Remove. Alternatively, you can also press Alt+0 while on the Manage Service Key window to remove the payroll service.
- For the next two messages displayed, select Yes. This removes the old e-File and e-Pay agreement from the company file.
Error UEXP when downloading QuickBooks Desktop payroll update : Are you getting an error while activating a retail payroll while you are connected to the internet? Well, the below-mentioned reasons would have triggered QuickBooks Error UEXP while updating QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- The license is not activated for payroll service.
- Special Characters might be present in the company name, legal address, Chart of Accounts, or in the contact name.
Find An Expert To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error UEXP!
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned above would have helped you resolve QuickBooks error UEXP without much trouble. However, if you need any further assistance, we would suggest you to get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.