The evolution of technology has completely revolutionized the way businesses run today. Nowadays, the implementation of technological advancement has streamlined the complexities of various crucial tasks. For instance: – QuickBooks is a payroll and accounting software that allows employers to directly deposit the remuneration of the employees in their bank account. Unfortunately, there is a hindrance to this feature in the form of QuickBooks error UEXP. What is this error? The occurrence of this error means a plethora of payroll problems awaiting you. You will be disallowed to download a payroll update. Moreover, renewal of payroll subscription won’t be possible. Additionally, your access to banking information will be denied. In conclusion, the list of troubles goes on.
This comprehensive guide will be helpful for you in knowing what is the nature of this error, its characteristics, and how to resolve it promptly. Read along the guide till the end and follow the instructions carefully.
Looking for methods to fix Error UEXP while updating QuickBooks Desktop Payroll? Get in touch with our experts by placing a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at 855-738-0359.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error UEXP?
Payroll integration with the QuickBooks application has given entrepreneurs and professionals the privilege of automatic paycheck distribution or direct funds transfer to employees. However, if you have fallen prey to error UEXP in your QuickBooks desktop, it can take a toll on your payroll operations by derailing it completely.
This issue is related to QuickBooks Payroll Services for the desktop version. The error message, ‘We are having difficulties verifying your account status. Error=UEXP’ appears on your Windows screen when you encounter this error. While seeing the error notification, you might wonder what issues might occur if you are a victim of this payroll error. Well, you can face some annoying issues while doing the following things in your QB application: –
- While downloading the payroll update
- Activating a retail payroll subscription
Why Do I End Up With QuickBooks Error Code UEXP?
There are several factors that may trigger the QuickBooks Error Code UEXP. Below we have listed all such reasons:
- QuickBooks error UEXP occurs due to an outdated QuickBooks Desktop release.
- Another reason behind Error UEXP in QuickBooks is an outdated version of e-File and e-Pay in the current company file after upgrading QuickBooks Desktop from an earlier version to the current version.
- The payroll subscription is unactivated in the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
Best 5 Methods To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error=UEXP
Here, we have mentioned all the possible troubleshooting steps by following which you would be able to fix QuickBooks error UEXP.
Step 1: Download and Install Latest QuickBooks Desktop Updates
It’s important for the users to download and install the latest updates of QuickBooks Desktop that Intuit releases, as it can fix the latest errors like QuickBooks Desktop error UEXP that you might come across while using the QuickBooks application. If in case, you haven’t turned on the automatic updates feature, then you must proceed with the below-given steps to update QB desktop manually:
- First, close the company files and QuickBooks application.
- Double-click the QuickBooks icon while holding the CTRL key until the No Company Open screen comes up.
- It will open the No Company Open window.
- There, go to the Help menu and choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Now, go to the Options tab, click on Mark All, and click Save.
- Move to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Further, click on Get Updates and wait for the download to complete.
- Once the updates are installed, close the No Company Open window and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click Yes when the Install Update prompt appears on the screen.
- After the installation, reboot your computer.
Note: If you don’t want to get into this hectic procedure of manual updating any further, then, you must set the automatic updates for QuickBooks by following the given steps.
- Open the QuickBooks application, go to the Help menu, and click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Under the Options tab, click on the Yes option against the automatic updates.
- Click on Close to exit the window.
Step 2: Create a Backup Copy of the Data File
To keep your company data secure from any unfortunate event of data corruption or accidental deletion, make sure to create a backup of your company file before making any program file changes. To do so, you can proceed with the below-given steps to fix QuickBooks error UEXP:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, go to the File menu, and select the Switch to Single-user Mode option.
- Go back to the File menu again.
- Go to Back Up Company and click on Create Local Backup.
- On the pop-up window, click on Local Backup and select Next.
- Click on Browse under the Local Backup Only section, and choose the location where you want to save the backup company file.
- To make sure that your backup files are in a good state, a test will run before being saved on the system.
- Click OK followed by Save it Now and Next.
Step 3: Replace the outdated e-File and e-Pay Files
Once you install the QuickBooks updates, you need to update the e-File and e-Pay versions in the company file as outdated files become erroneous when the user opens them on the updated software. You may do so by following the below-given steps.
- Open the QuickBooks application.
- From there, go to the Employees menu click on My Payroll Service, and select Manage Service Key.
- On the QuickBooks Service Keys window, make sure to highlight the appropriate payroll service. Then, proceed with the following steps:
- If you’re using QuickBooks Desktop Direct Deposit, select Edit, then Next> Finish.
- If you aren’t using QuickBooks Direct Deposit, select Remove. Alternatively, you can also press Alt+0 while on the Manage Service Key window to remove the payroll service.
- For the next two messages displayed, select Yes. This removes the old e-File and e-Pay agreement from the company file.
Note: Error UEXP when downloading QuickBooks Desktop payroll update: Are you getting an error while activating a retail payroll while you are connected to the internet? Well, the below-mentioned reasons would have triggered QuickBooks Error UEXP while updating QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- The license is not activated for payroll service.
- Special Characters might be present in the company name, legal address, Chart of Accounts, or contact name.
Step 4: Application of the ‘Install Diagnostic Tool’ to Ensure the Software Remains Error-free
This unique tool is a remarkable addition to QuickBooks owing to its vitality and error-diagnosing capability. You can easily check for installation issues and displeasing errors that result from an improper installation. Let’s proceed with the below-mentioned steps to execute it practically and effectively.
- The first thing you must do is ensure that you have the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub installed.
- In case you have found any updated QuickBooks tool hub version, consider downloading it to your system.
- To quickly initiate the installation, you must run the QuickBooksToolHub.setup.exe file. In addition, you need to agree to the terms and conditions of this program.
- Once you download the file on your system, consider saving it to a convenient location to access it easily. Now, it’s time to launch QuickBooks Tool Hub. Once you finish launching, click on the Installation Issues tab to launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Consider restarting the system once the utility has finished scanning QuickBooks for problems and doing a quick repair.
As mentioned above, the solution is a tried and tested problem-solving approach to rectifying QuickBooks Error UEXP. However, if you still witness this error on your QuickBooks desktop, you must switch to another solution described in-depth after this paragraph.
Step 5: While Reinstalling Your QB Desktop, Consider Backing up your Data and Enabling the Selective Startup Mode
Another effective way to get rid of QuickBooks error UEXP is installing the QB desktop application in selective startup mode. It’s a proven method to fix this undesirable error quickly, and many users have found it helpful. Another key point is that you must back up important data to prevent data loss. Let’s quickly move on to executing the below-mentioned steps: –
- The next step in troubleshooting error UEXP is to shut down the system and consider restarting it in selective startup mode, as described earlier. However, to avoid any last-minute haste and hassle, don’t forget to keep your license and product information handy for the swift accomplishment of this procedure.
- Press the Windows + R button simultaneously to start the Run window. Following this, a command box will appear on the screen of your Windows. Now, all you have to do is type in MSCONFIG in that command box.
- To activate the selective startup mode, select the Selective Startup and Load System Services options under the General tab.
- Now, make sure to disable all services other than Microsoft. For this to happen, click on the Hide All Microsoft Services option and then hit on the Disable All option. It will disable all not-so-important services.
- Uncheck the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox on your Windows screen and checkmark the Windows Installer checkbox in its place.
- Here, at this point, you need to restart your computer to get back to the Normal Startup Mode after installing your QuickBooks program.
- Lastly, re-open your QB desktop to check whether you have gotten rid of QuickBooks error UEXP.
Conclusively, you must have understood that QuickBooks will likely throw errors if our practices don’t align with its guidelines. Therefore, you must be knowledgeable enough to identify and resolve errors in your QB application. Mastering the ability to fix QuickBooks errors will ensure your business will run swiftly. Even if any hiccups occur, you will have become proficient enough to counter those glitches. The current technical document has presented a handful of practical tips and tricks to acknowledge the symptoms of QuickBooks error UEXP. It has also made you aware of the preventive measures that can be taken to avoid or terminate this error.
However, if you need any further assistance, we would suggest you get in touch with our experts by giving us a call at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1 855 738 0359.