Owning a business would have made you understand the importance of accountant data. No matter what business size you have, it’s crucial to take proper data backups. A slight data loss can seize all the business operations, and it can turn out to be daunting and stressful for you. Therefore, to stay away from all such dreadful instances, you must utilize the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool. It keeps backup of all the company data, and thus, whenever lost, you can recover it easily. The tool uses the current transaction log file and a copy of the company file to restore the lost transaction. Moreover, it will restore all your transactions except the ones that were done at the last moment. Before proceeding, you should understand what exactly auto data recovery means.
Need Immediate assistance to recover your lost data? Get in touch with our experts by placing a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number to fix QuickBooks auto data recovery related error or issues.
A Brief On What Is QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
The QB makers are constantly improving and updating the software so that the users can manage their finances seamlessly. Despite this, your company data files get damaged or even lost. For this, Intuit came up with the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool in QuickBooks 2011 R6 and QuickBooks 2010 R12(Pro and Premier version only). While working with these versions, an additional folder called QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder with .QBW.ADR & .QBW.TLG.ADR files appear themselves. These are the backup of your company files.
The ADR feature works on its own on the opened company file. After this, a backup is created by the ADR tool after an hour of opening the file. This repeats after every 12 hours. The one being named “old” is 24 hours old, and the new copy is 12 hours old. The Auto replication feature is used to recover the damaged company (.QBW) & Transaction log (.QBW.tlg) files. However, you can recover the lost company files of your business with ADR in one of the below-mentioned ways:
- Restore the lost transactions using the current Transaction Log file (.QBW.tlg) and a copy of the Company file (.QBW).
- By restoring all but the last few hours of transactions with a copy of both the Company (.QBW) file and QuickBooks Transaction Log (.QBW.tlg) file.
After getting a brief idea of QuickBooks desktop file restoration tool, you might be wondering how it can help recover the lost data. Well, before that, there are certain factors that you must consider before using the QuickBooks file recovery tool of the QB application.
Few Reminders Before You Proceed To Recover Corrupt QuickBooks Data
We understand that you might be frustrated with your lost data. But, to undergo an error-free recovery procedure, you need to take into account the below-mentioned factors:
- QuickBooks data recovery is accessible only for QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise versions of Windows.
- This feature is not available in the Accountant Edition of QB.
- The file size must be 1.5 Gigabytes. If the size is more than that, then QuickBooks will not generate an ADR file.
- You must have the updated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Now, you must be aware of all the important aspects associated with ADR a QuickBooks data recovery software. Thus, you can try to follow the below-mentioned methods to recover deleted or lost QuickBooks Company files after update.
How To Recover Lost Data With QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool?
You must have panicked with lost or corrupt business data. However, you no longer need to. Now, you can restore data using auto data recovery tool in QuickBooks desktop. You must know that this process may take some time, and thus, you won’t be able to use QB for some days. In general, there are two methods that can help you recover your corrupted data.
- By using the original .TLG file with .QBW.adr file
- Utilize the .QBW. adr and .TLG.adr files
ADR a QuickBooks file repair service is considered one of the fastest ways that assist in recovering lost data. Let’s go ahead, and discuss both the methods in detail one by one.
Method 1: Use the Original .TLG file with .QBW.adr file
Follow the below steps to recover the lost data by using the original Transaction Log file and the current version of ADR:
- Firstly, you have to make a new folder on your desktop and name it QBTest. Then, open the folder where you have saved the company file. The company file location can be seen on the Product Information screen and No Company Open Window.
Note: Open the Product information screen by pressing the F2 or Ctrl+1 key simultaneously.
- Afterward, search for the .tlg file on your company file’s folder. The company file that you are searching for will have the same name as your company file.
- If you are unable to find the .tlg file, then follow the below-mentioned steps to Show File Extension:
- Press the Windows +E keys together to open File Explorer.
- To move further, choose the option Organize followed by Folder and search options.
- Now, click on the View option followed by the FileName Extension for Windows 10, 8.1, and 8.
- After that, choose Hide Extensions for Known file types option and then click on Apply and OK, respectively.
- On finding the .tlg file, copy and paste it in the QBTest folder created earlier on your desktop.
- After this, open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder located in the same place where your company file is stored.
- Now, copy the QBW.adr file and paste it into the QBTest folder.
- Open the QBTest folder and right-click on the .QBW.adr file, and then select the Rename option. Then, delete .adr from the end of the file name.
- In QuickBooks, open the company file that you have saved in the QBTest folder. Then, verify all your transactions by using the account register.
- Follow the given series of actions to check the recovered file’s data integrity: File> Utilities> Verify Data.
- You can save the damaged company file to a different location if this copy of the file is in a stable state. However, you have to transfer the copy from the QBTest folder to the original location.
Method 2: Make use of .QBW. adr and .TLG.adr files
If you are wondering how to recover your QuickBooks company file? Then, this method can prove to be a great help. However, you must know that it will only recover the transactions of the last 12 hours.
- To begin, make a new folder on your Desktop and name it QBTest.
- Now, open the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder.
- After that, copy the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files and paste them to the QBTest folder.
Before you begin, ensure that Windows is set to display hidden files.
- In the QBTest folder, remove .adr from the end of the file name. it will give you .qbw & .tlg files.
- Then, open QuickBooks, followed by the company file saved on the QBTest folder. Make sure that all your transactions are there.
- To check if your data is intact, go to File> Utilities> Verify Data.
- If this copy of the company file is fine, you can move the damaged file to a different location. Also, you’ll be able to transfer the copy from the QBTest folder and paste it into the original QuickBooks company file folder.
Need Technical Assistance to Recover Lost or Damaged Data?
Through the methods mentioned above, you would be aware of how to use QuickBooks auto data recovery tool to recover lost company files. However, if you get stuck with QuickBooks auto data recovery error while following the above steps, feel free to give us a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number. Our team will provide you with the best technical services to recover lost data from auto data recovery Tool.
QuickBooks ADR FAQs:-
It is accessible only for QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise versions of Windows.
The below-given steps will help you find to recover the QB data from the hard drive:
Firstly, open the search dialog box and type *.qbw. Then, press the Enter key. With the date modified feature try to find out the most updated file. Once found, copy it to CD-ROM and remove all the remaining files. At last, paste the copied file to its original location.