In recent times, many users have encountered the QuickBooks crash com error while trying to open, work, or send forms in the QuickBooks application. It’s extremely annoying when you make all the changes in a receipt or invoice and aren’t able to send that to your client, right? Well, it happens whenever Microsoft comes with some changes or updates and flashes the error message in the QuickBooks Desktop Crash window stating:
“Crash: Com error”
At times, you might lose the unsaved company data due to this error and we understand what a nightmare it would have been for you. Therefore, you must know that repetitive encounters of this error can also damage your company file. However, if you haven’t resolved the problem yet, then there is nothing to worry about. In this article, we have listed all the effective resolution steps that will help you to understand what is a COM error in QuickBooks desktop & how to fix data corruption issues.
Are you stuck with a QuickBooks desktop crash com error while emailing invoices & wonder why my QuickBooks keep aborting? Don’t worry! We’ll help you fix it. Give us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1.855.738.0359 and get immediate assistance.
Main Causes Behind Com Error Crash QuickBooks
You might end up with the QuickBooks Crash Com Error while emailing a client an invoice. However, several other reasons can trigger com crash error in QuickBooks. To make you aware of why QuickBooks keep crashing, we have listed all such possible causes below:
- There might be a synchronization issue with Windows or other components.
- Another reason can be damaged or lost Windows and MS Office components.
- It can also occur due to improper installation of the QuickBooks accounting software.
- You might have deleted an important QB-related file accidentally.
- A Firewall or antivirus might be hampering the communication process of QuickBooks desktop.
- Virus or malware infection can also trigger QuickBooks Crash Com Error.
- Damaged windows might result in the crashing of the QB software.
- Missing Windows or QuickBooks components can also result in the crash com error message.
- QuickBooks software fails to connect with the Email service or client.
Instances When Crash: Com Error In QuickBooks Desktop Occur?
QuickBooks crash com error is not restricted to the single situation; therefore we have listed all the possible instances during which the QuickBooks enterprise Crash Com Error can take place:
- While opening or emailing invoices.
- When trying to attach a file.
- Crash com error may appear while you attempt to save something.
- When you try to open the check register it results in a crash com error.
- Crash errors can also be seen while opening a report.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QuickBooks Crash Com Error
By now you must have learned that your business data can be at stake due to this error. Thus, you need to resolve it without wasting much time. To help you do that, we have listed some of the effective troubleshooting methods below:
Step 1: Starting with Update QuickBooks Desktop Properly.
Outdated accounting software can result in numerous errors such as QuickBooks crash com error due to the non-functionality of several features. Thus, it’s essential to update QuickBooks desktop as per its latest version to keep the latest and advanced functions running. If you aren’t aware of the process, the below-mentioned steps will surely be a help for you:
- Open the QuickBooks application and go to the Help menu. From there, click on the update QuickBooks option.
- After that, go to the update now tab and click on the reset updates checkbox to clear all previous update downloads.
- Further, you need to click on the get updates option to begin the download process.
- Once the download completes, try to start the QuickBooks application once again.
- Lastly, accept the terms and conditions to begin the installation process.
If the QuickBooks Crash Com Error persists even after updating the QB desktop application, then we would suggest you to try updating the Microsoft Outlook to eliminate this issue.
Step 2: Next, Update Microsoft Outlook
- Firstly, you need to open Microsoft Outlook and then go to the File menu.
- From there, click on Office Account followed by Update Options.
- At last, click on Update Now.
Step 3: Later, Set up Microsoft Outlook as the default mail application
- To begin, click on the Windows icon and go to the Control Panel followed by Programs and Features.
- After that, click on the Default Programs option followed by setting your default programs. Then, click on Mail.
- End the process by selecting the Outlook option.
Didn’t the above method resolve your QuickBooks Crash Com Error? Well, in that case, you must move to the next solution instantly.
Step 4: After, Add an email account to Microsoft Outlook
- Open the Microsoft Outlook and go to the File menu.
- Then, click on info followed by Add Account to start setup.
- When prompted, enter the email address that you want to add and click on Next.
- Wait for Microsoft Outlook to select the server and select Connect.
- Enter the password that you used for the email address and then click OK.
- Complete the setup by clicking OK.
- If for any reason, QuickBooks fails to find Microsoft Outlook, follow these to see if it’s one of the email options:
- Open the QuickBooks application in the first place.
- Then, go to the Edit menu and click on Preferences.
- Further, select Send Forms.
- At last, click on My Preferences.
Note: If you are still unable to see Microsoft Outlook, then you must try to restart your computer and repair the QuickBooks application. Along with that, you would also have to create a new Windows user profile.
Step 5: Toggle mail settings
Sometimes, QuickBooks shuts down when emailing invoices due to the wrong email configuration; hence, follow the given steps carefully to avoid any technical glitches in email settings.
- Click on the Windows icon and go to the Control panel. From there, click on the User Account followed by Mail and Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to the Profile tab and select the Show Profile option.
- After that, click on the Outlook option.
- If you have marked the Always use this profile checkbox, then select Prompt for a profile to be used instead and click on Apply.
- To proceed, mark Always use this profile checkbox.
- Lastly, click on Apply followed by OK.
If none of the above methods worked in your favor, then we would suggest you jump on the next resolution method to fix QuickBooks Crash Com Error.
Step 6: Form a brand new Microsoft Outlook email profile
- Close the Microsoft Outlook in the first place.
- Now, click on the Windows icon and go to the Control Panel followed by the User Account.
- Then, click on Mail.
- It will open up the Mail Setup window, from there, you have to select Show Profiles followed by Add.
- Enter your name in the Profile Name field and click OK.
- Add an email account by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
- At last, click on Apply, then OK.
Note: You need to know that the above process won’t delete the existing Outlook Profile.
Step 7: Run QuickBooks in compatibility mode
- Right-click QuickBooks on your desktop and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and select Run this program in compatibility mode. Now, select Windows 7 from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure to mark the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Further, click on Apply, then OK.
Step 8: Add Windows admin user
Adding a new window admin user might help in fixing the QuickBooks Crash Com Error. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- In the first place, you need to draft the Windows user with admin rights.
- After that, click on the Windows icon and select all programs option.
- It will open the Windows small business server. From there, you have to opt for Windows SBS Console.
- Moving ahead, click on Users and Groups, and then, click on Add a new user account tab.
- When prompted make sure to fill out the user info, then follow the Add a new user account wizard.
- Now, you have to provide the new user admin rights.
- Once done, you need to click on finish.
- Further, make sure to log in to Windows with the new user.
- At last, open the QuickBooks software once again.
We have tried to provide all the possible effective troubleshooting methods that can help you resolve QuickBooks crash com error without any hassle. However, if you get stuck while following any of the above methods we suggest you give us a call at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1.855.738.0359. Our support team is available round the clock to assist you with the best customer support.
It can be when the size of the data file is too big or is infected by antivirus. Other reasons can be damaged or corrupted hard drives.
Solution 1: Download and Run QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
Solution 2: Disable your Antivirus Application as well as your Windows Firewall.
Solution 3: Rename the QBWUSER.ini file on your System.
Solution 4: Restore QuickBooks from Backup.