Windows compatibility is amongst one of the foremost requirements that you need to run the QuickBooks application. You might end up with several issues when your software isn’t compatible with the current version of your Windows OS. QuickBooks error C-343 is one such error that restricts users from using the QuickBooks Desktop application on Windows. When it occurs, an error message appears on the screen stating:
An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks to try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C = value and contact . C = 343
The QuickBooks Error Message C343 signifies that you won’t be able to fix the error just by restarting the QuickBooks application. However, if you are using a discontinued version of QuickBooks Desktop, then it might refuse to run on Windows due to several factors including old library dependencies, security issues, and 16, 32, or 64-bit emulation environment. It might affect the outdated versions of QuickBooks Desktop, thus, you must update the accounting application as per its latest release. Else, you won’t be able to access the company files. Moreover, before you proceed to resolve error 343, you must get aware of the possible reasons that trigger the QuickBooks Desktop Error C 343.
Note: You may encounter QuickBooks Error Code C 343 on QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or any other QuickBooks desktop version. However, it mainly takes place in the QuickBooks Enterprise version.
If you are wondering why am I QuickBooks Error C = 343 while trying to access the company file? You can get in touch with our experts to get the answers to all such queries by dialing Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.
Main Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code C=343
There are several reasons that can result in error 343 and thus all your work comes at a standstill. To help you get aware of all such reasons, below we have listed all the possible causes that results in QuickBooks error C-343:
- QuickBooks Error Code C=343 takes place due to an outdated or discontinued version of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- An older version of the Windows operating system triggers QuickBooks abort error c 343.
- Another reason behind error Code C=343 is damaged or corrupt QuickBooks Desktop Company file.
- Unregistered, damaged or missing Microsoft core XML services.dll files bring forth QuickBooks error C-343.
Troubleshooting Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error C 343
As there are numerous reasons that can trigger the error code 343, thus, the resolution methods also vary. Here, we have mentioned all the possible effective solutions that can help you resolve QuickBooks error C-343. You need to pick the one that would resolve your issue at the earliest:
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop Application
You might end up with several QuickBooks-related errors such as QuickBooks Unexpected Error C 343 due to an outdated QB application. The reason can be an issue on the computer itself or by how QuickBooks interacts with your system. Thus, it’s essential to update your QuickBooks desktop application as per the latest release (upgrade to newer versions of QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus, Premier Plus, or Enterprise) as it becomes available to ensure that you have all the updated components.
Solution 2: Disable Windows Compatibility Mode for QuickBooks
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks Desktop application on Windows.
- Then, right-click the QuickBooks icon and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- After that, go to the Compatibility section.
- Now, unmark the Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox and click OK.
- If you have already unmarked this checkbox, then click on Cancel and check for the status of QuickBooks error C-343.
Still, stuck with QuickBooks Pro Error C 343? Don’t worry! You can proceed with the below-listed resolution methods.
Solution 3: Disable Windows Compatibility Mode for QuickBooks QBW32.exe file
- Go to the QuickBooks installation folder and search for the QBW32.exe file.
- You will find the file inside C:\ Program Files (x86)”—usually C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\ QuickBooks folder.
- Search and right-click the QBW32.exe file and then click on Properties.
- Under the Compatibility section, make sure to unmark the Run this program in compatibility mode checkbox.
- Try to run QuickBooks once again, and if you are still getting QuickBooks error C-343 then follow the next troubleshooting step to repair the damaged QuickBooks Desktop Company file.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
You might come across various instances where a slight damage in your company file can hamper your on-going business work due to the occurrence of QuickBooks error C-343. Well, in such a scenario, you must utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. It is developed by Intuit and allows you to repair the damaged QuickBooks company file and network. To use it, you have to first download and install the QB File Doctor tool.
Solution 5: Save the MSXML.DLL files
You must know that MSXML.DLL files are third-party applications that can be smoothly integrated with QuickBooks.
Note: Before you proceed with the below-mentioned steps, make sure to create a backup of your QuickBooks Company Data File to avoid crucial business data loss.
For 32-bit framework
- Simultaneously press Windows R keys to open the run command window.
- Then, type Regsvr32 MSXML.dll in the text space and click OK.
- After that, a message will appear displaying the Successful registered status i.e. now you will see a prompt saying Succeed on the screen.
- At last, restart the QuickBooks application.
For 64-bit framework
- If you are a 64 bit framework user, open the run command window by pressing Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Type CMD in the text space and then, press the Enter key.
- Now, enter the command CD-Windows-syswow64 and then click OK.
- Further, enter Regsvr32 MSXML3.dll and then, press the Enter key.
- Again, type Regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and then, press the Enter key.
- Make sure to register the .dll. file successfully.
- Lastly, restart the QuickBooks application.
Aren’t you able to fix QuickBooks Error C-343? In that case, you can proceed with the below-listed solutions.
Solution 6: Uninstall and Re-install the MSXML.dll files
- At first, open the download page and then search for the MSXML.dll files.
- Then, download the MSXML.dll file on the system.
- After that, install these files on and double-click the MSXML.MSI file and then perform the instructions that appear on your screen.
- At last, you have to reboot the QuickBooks application.
Didn’t the above solution help you resolve QuickBooks import error c 343? Don’t worry! You can follow the below-mentioned solutions.
Solution 7: Download and run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
You can utilize the QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix several errors such as QuickBooks excel import error c 343 that you might come across while using the QB accounting application.
- Firstly, you have to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub (18.104.22.168) by clicking here and save it in a preferred location (either your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop).
Note: We would recommend you to use QuickBooks Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and then, install it by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Once installed, double click on the Windows desktop icon to open the Tool hub.
- Go to the Installation Issues tab and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Open the download folder of your computer and double-click the QB Install Diagnostic file if you have manually downloaded the diagnostic tool.
- Further, complete the installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure to close all the applications that are running on Windows.
- At last, run the QB Install tool and restart your computer.
Are you still unable to rectify the QuickBooks Error C-343 even after following the above-listed solutions? Don’t panic! Jump to the next one.
Solution 8: Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
Many times, you might end up with QuickBooks error C-343 due to damaged functions of the QuickBooks Desktop application. In such a scenario, you must run a basic reinstall when the same issue affects more than one of your company files. However, if that doesn’t work, you may do a clean install by using the QuickBooks Clean install tool. It resolves all such issues that restrict you from opening the company file, display and template problems, and a few other situations. It replaces the QuickBooks system files on your computer. Moreover, you don’t need to worry about your accounting data as a clean install won’t affect it, since your company file and everything it holds aren’t involved at all.
Solution 9: Manually Resolve the Error
- Firstly, you have to register all necessary files once again while running the QuickBooks accounting application.
- For that, you have to restart QuickBooks software to make sure if the QuickBooks error C-343 has been diagnosed or not.
- However, if it persists even then, download and reinstall Microsoft’s Core XML services.
Need Help To Fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error C 343!
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve QuickBooks error C-343 without any hassle. However, if you get stuck while following any of the above-listed solutions, we would suggest you give us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.