Users are unable to use online services due to QuickBooks error 5502. This error occurs on the system when Quickbooks fails to connect to the server. The reasons behind it can vary from issues with your systems to a third-party application. There are two different QuickBooks error message 5502 that can appear on your screen:-
“Sync is not completed properly”
“QuickBooks data has been uploaded, but failed to connect via the server”.
QuickBooks error 5502 can hinder the financial activities of a business. If you have run into the same error and are looking for some technical help, reach out to our experts at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.
Reasons Behind Quickbooks Error code 5502
As mentioned above, Quickbooks error code 5502 can be due to multiple reasons based on either fault on the user’s part or failure in the system. Here is the complete list of all possible reasons:-
- The company’s document augmentation is changed.
- Name of the expansion record .QBB has been physically changed in Mac.
- Incorrect renaming of expansion records such as.QBM,.QBB, or.QBX in Windows.
- Your company file is damaged
- A third-party application is creating an obstruction
- Issues with internet connectivity
Top 4 Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Sync Error 5502
There are four different courses of action to fix QuickBooks Sync Error 5502. You are required to make changes to your application and its files. Here is the step-by-step guide for these solutions:-
Solution 1- Rename .ND file
Network Data (. ND) files are configuration files that allow QuickBooks Desktop to access a company file in a network or multi-user setting. You might be facing error 5502 in QuickBooks because of damaged ND files and just renaming them will help your system generate new files. Here are the steps you need to follow:-
- Tap on the Window Start button and search QuickBooks.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select Open File Location.
- Find the corresponding network file with .ND extensions and right click on them.
- Select Rename and then add .old at the end of the file name. Example: Company_file.qbw.nd
- You need to Rename all your .ND files in a similar manner.
Solution 2- Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Database Server Manager allows you to share your company files with other computers over your network. It also enables you to monitor your multi-user network. QuickBooks Database Server Manager can help you fix QuickBooks error 5502:-
- Tap on the Windows Start button.
- Go to the search bar, type QuickBooks Database Server Manager, and double-click on its icon.
- Tap on Add Folder and it will allow you to Browse Folder.
- Look into the folder where your company file is stored and tap on OK.
- Click on Scan
Now reopen your company file and check if Intuit error code 5502 is resolved or not.
Solution 3- Create a New Folder and Copy the Company File
Error Code 5502 in QuickBooks can simply be fixed if you copy your company file and then Rename it. These are the steps you need to follow for the whole troubleshooting process:-
- Make a new folder on your Desktop and copy the company file into it.
- Change the file extension to QBM by right-clicking the file and selecting Rename.
- Now open the QuickBooks program and restore all of your portable files.
- Rename the erroneous company file’s extension.
- Now restore all your backups.
- Rename the file with the extension.QBX if it still won’t open.
- Install the most recent version of the Sync Manager.
Solution 4- Uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks
If QuickBooks error 5502 is caused due to some installation error, it is advisable to uninstall the app, reinstall a new download file and then install it back again:-
- Press the Windows Start button.
- Then tap on the Settings button (gear icon) and go to Apps.
- Now click on Apps & Features. It will open the list of applications.
- Click on QuickBooks and then tap on the Uninstall button.
- Now go to the official intuit website and download a new .exe file for QuickBooks.
- Double-tap on it and follow the onscreen instructions to install it.
Now run the application and check if QB error 5502 is fixed or not.
Allow Experts to help you fix Quickbooks Error code 5502
So now we hope you can fix QuickBooks Error 5502 appearing on your screen. We also discussed various causes behind it. If you are still stuck with it, the next step is to contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team and they can surely guide you on how to fix the issue.