If you need advanced accounting software by using which you can enhance your business functionality, then you must try your hands on the QuickBooks accounting software. Wondering why QuickBooks? It helps track your income & expenses, manage the taxes efficiently, and integrate with multiple tools that enhance work and business productivity. To avail of all these features, you have to download QuickBooks desktop application (QBDB31) and then install it. To help you do that, you must follow the steps listed ahead in this blog.
Looking for the QuickBooks desktop software download process? Reach out to our experts and get your query resolved. Place a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting helpline number at +1.855.738.0359.
What Are The System Requirements For QuickBooks Desktop Software?
There’s a certain set of requirements that you must fulfill to use the QuickBooks software to its utmost efficiency. Doing this surely enhances your work productivity and profitability. Below we have classified the requirements related to the operating system, hardware, software, etc., that you need to run QuickBooks Desktop.
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1), all editions, including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
Note: One must know that Microsoft doesn’t provide security updates or support computers running Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. Therefore, you must upgrade your operating system to a supported version before installing QuickBooks. Added to that, it helps to keep your data secure.
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
Step-By-Step Guide To Download QuickBooks Desktop 2023
Download your version of QuickBooks from the Downloads & Updates page. Once you do that, it will display two options:
- To log in as a ProAdvisor: As a ProAdvisor, log into your QuickBooks ProAdvisor Center to download your software.
- To login as an Accountant: Whereas, being an Accountant, log into your CAMPS to download the QB software.
Download the installation file after logging in & then, follow the below-given steps to download QuickBooks desktop:
- Select your country, product, and QuickBooks version from the Downloads & Updates page.
- Then, click on download.
Note: Being a ProAdvisor, get your license and product number by clicking on Details after clicking on download.
Confused about the QuickBooks version you have? Don’t worry! The below-given steps will help:
1- QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, or Enterprise):
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and press the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Search for your product name, product number, and license number.
- Also, the release date will be mentioned at the end of the product name.
- Go to the File menu and search for your version in the Version Used section.
Note: The list is sorted by date, starting with the oldest version at the top to the recent one at the bottom.
2- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- Open QuickBooks Desktop for Mac and go to the Help menu.
- From there, select Product Information, and the version would be mentioned there.
If in case, you download an older version of QuickBooks desktop application then, you must update it as per the latest release to avail the new features.
Read More: How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to Latest Version 2023
How To Install QuickBooks Desktop?
After you download QuickBooks desktop, you can install and run it to avail its best features. To help you do so, you must follow the below-given steps:
Note: If you host QuickBooks on a network for the first time, set up a multi-user network and install QuickBooks Database Server Manager before installing the QB application.
Couldn’t find the product and license number? Follow these steps:
- If subscribed to a monthly or annual product subscription: You must have received an email that includes your QuickBooks Desktop license number and product code. If you didn’t, check your spam mail folder.
- When purchasing QuickBooks from Intuit’s website and then downloading it: The confirmation email has the license number and product code.
- If bought QuickBooks Desktop from a retail store: The license number and product code is mentioned in the inside panel of the folder in which the CD is saved.
- If you’re reinstalling the QB application: The information would be mentioned in the Customer Account Management Portal.
- When you have lost your license or product number: If that’s the scenario, you can get in touch with our expert, they will help you recover it.
Once you have the license and product number, follow the below-listed steps to proceed with the installation process:
Step 1: Prepare for the install
- You have downloaded the QuickBooks Desktop version that you’re using currently, save the downloaded file in a preferable location (like your Windows desktop).
- Also, make sure to keep your product and license number handy.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, open the downloaded QuickBooks.exe file and then, follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Then, accept the software license agreement and click on Next.
- Enter your Product and License numbers and click on Next.
Step 3: Decide which install type is right for you
After installing the QuickBooks application, two options will appear on your screen: Express install and custom & network.
Opt express install if you meet the below-given factors:
- If you’re using the QuickBooks application for the first time.
- If you have reinstalled QuickBooks.
- You might have planned to use QuickBooks on the workstation that is not part of a network of computers.
- Firstly, select Express followed by Next and then, click on Install.
- When the install process completes, try to open the QuickBooks application.
Custom and Network install:
If you meet the following factors, proceed with steps given ahead:
- If you have installed QuickBooks other than the default location (such as on a server).
- When you host your company files on a server.
- Setting up a multi-user network.
- Firstly, select Custom and Network Options and click on Next.
- Choose the option that explains how you’ll use QuickBooks.
- Then, click on the Change the install location on the next screen.
- Click on Browse to decide the location of your QuickBooks folder, preferably the Programs folder.
- Now, click on Next to begin the install process.
- Open the QuickBooks application when the install process completes.
Step 4: Activate QuickBooks Desktop
Once you have installed the QuickBooks application, try to activate and update the QuickBooks Desktop. To do so, you must proceed with the below-given steps:
- Open the QuickBooks application, go to the Help menu and select the Activate QuickBooks Desktop option.
- After that, verify the information by following the on-screen steps.
- Once the steps end, QuickBooks will be activated, and you will be able to use QuickBooks.
We have tried our best to help you download QuickBooks desktop by providing a step-by-step guide. However, if you get stuck while following any of the steps as mentioned earlier, we would recommend you to take the assistance of our experts by dialing on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1.855.738.0359. We are available 24X7 to provide you with the best customer support.