Employers must report wages paid, tips received, federal income tax withheld, and both the employer’s and employee’s portion of social security and Medicare taxes on a quarterly Form 941. The last day of the month following the end of the quarter is when Form 941 is due. QuickBooks application takes care of the whole process and QuickBooks Form 941 allows you to e-file, e-pay, manually pay, print, delete archived forms and even change the preparer information within the application itself. To put it in simple words, the 941 form in QuickBooks allows you to complete all federal responsibilities through the application itself. You can also apply for a Paycheck Protection Program loan through QuickBooks form 941 too. So let’s look into these processes in a deeper sense.
Struggling with QuickBooks Form 941 and tax payment dates are coming close? A simple solution for your trouble is to contact +1(855)-738-0359 Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team and they will assist you in the best possible manner.
Where to Find 941 Form in QuickBooks Based On Your Payroll?
There are a large variety of payroll subscriptions offered by Intuit to its customers. You need to follow different steps to access QuickBooks Payroll form 941 based on the payroll subscription you have. Let’s look at them in detail:-
Where to find 941 Form in Q Online Payroll Full Service, Core, Premium, and Elite?
It’s a two-step process to find 941 Form in QuickBooks Online Payroll Full service, Core, Premium, and Elite:-
- Select Taxes from the left menu and then choose Payroll Tax.
- Tap on Download under Forms and then select each Form 941 for the respective year.
Where to find the 941 Form in QB Online Payroll Enhanced?
You can view QuickBooks form 941 in Payroll Enhanced subscription by following four different steps:-
- Go to the Taxes menu and select Payroll Tax.
- Choose View Archived Forms in the Quarterly Forms or Annual Forms sections.
- Select Form 941 from the list.
- Click on View for every Form 941.
Where to find the 941 Form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard and Enhanced?
The process of viewing QuickBooks form 941 in the desktop version is different from the Online version. Form 941 opens up in PDF form. Here are the steps you need to follow:-
- Go on the Employees menu and select Payroll Center.
- Click on the File Forms tab. You need to go to the Filing history section under the Saved Filings tab if you want to access any previously saved forms.
- Now select the QB form 941 to view the form under the Saved PDF column.
Where to find the 941 Form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted?
The process of viewing QuickBooks payroll form 941 in the assisted version is a little complicated. You need to have your Payroll Pin with you while attempting to view it. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Go on the Employees menu and select Payroll Center.
- Click on the File Forms tab and then click on View/Print forms W-2s.
- Now enter Payroll PIN in the Payroll Tax Center window and click on OK.
Note:- If an error message pop-up on your screen or nothing really happens, you need to repeat step 3 again but keep on pressing Ctrl(control) and Alt key through all the messages appearing on your screen until the PDF opens up.
- Tap on Filed Forms.
- Choose the Form 941 you wish to view.
Read Also: How To File Form 940 In QuickBooks Desktop?
The Process to E-file and E-pay form 941 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks offers you an option to file and pay your federal taxes electronically. You can schedule your tax payments and keep track of them so that you don’t miss them. These are the steps you need to follow in order to E-file and E-pay in QuickBooks:-
Step 1- E-file your Tax forms
- Go on the Employees tab and choose the Payroll Center.
- Tap on File forms tabs under Other Activities and choose Manage Filing Methods.
- Click on Continue.
- Choose the state form you wish to e-file and then tap on Edit.
- Choose the e-file and select Finish.
- You need to repeat steps 4 and 5 for every state form.
- Click on Continue once you’re done and then tap on Finish.
Step 2- E-pay your Federal taxes.
- Tap on Employees and choose the Payroll Center.
- Click on the Pay Liabilities tab.
- Go to the Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities section. Select Quickbooks Form 941 and tap on the View/pay button.
- Check the details and ensure that everything is correct.
- Tap on E-Pay.
- Enter 4-digit EFTPS PIN in the E-Pay Login window. Enter any other information if asked for.
Note:- Use your new PIN if you’ve just changed your e-payment bank account.
- Tap on Submit.
- You can print the confirmation message that displays, showing that Intuit has accepted your request and that your e-payment will be sent to the appropriate agency.
- Now click on Close.
The Process to Pay and File QuickBooks form 941 Manually
In case you do not wish to set up your tax forms electronically and wish to pursue them electronically, Quickbooks offers you an option to do so. These are the steps you need to do so:-
- Go to the Employees tab and then choose Payroll tax Forms and W-2s. Choose Process payroll Forms.
- Select QuickBooks Form 941
- Tap on Create Form.
- Choose the Filing Period from the drop-down and then click on OK.
- Fill out the Interview section of your application. Fill in any green-highlighted parts and double-check any pre-filled information on the form.
- Tap on Next and check all the pages of the form.
- Click on Check for Errors once you are done. QuickBooks will find if there are any errors on the form and you need to fix it.
- Select Save as PDF or Print for your records if you’re ready to print and save your form. Select Save and Close if you need to return to the form later.
How to print form 941 from Quickbooks Online?
The process to print QB form 941 in the Online version is very simple and you just need to follow 5 steps:-
- Go to Taxes in the left navigation menu and select Payroll Tax.
- Click on Quarterly Forms.
- Select Quarterly Tax forms and 941 as a filter.
- Tap on the View button.
- Click on the Printer icon.
The process to Check Previously E-filed QuickBooks form 941
For multiple reasons, the business might need to check the 941 form from the previous year QuickBooks recorded. Luckily you need to follow just these simple steps in order to do so:-
- Tap on the Employees tab.
- Choose Payroll Center.
- Go to the File Forms tab.
- Go to the Saved Filings tab under Filings History.
- A table of all your PDF-formatted tax forms is presented. To open the file, click the link in the Saved PDF column.
The process to Delete Archived 941 form in QuickBooks
It is very common to archive 941 form in QB by mistake and the simple way to fix it is by deleting it. Follow these steps in order to do:-
- Go to the Tax menu and select Payroll Tax.
- Choose View Archived Forms in the Quarterly Forms section
- Select the QuickBooks Form 491 that you wish to delete.
- Tap on Delete.
- You will be navigated back to filing due.
The process to Change Information About Preparer of QuickBooks form 941
The preparer information appears on QB form 941. Suppose there has been any change in the credentials of the preparer. In that case, you are required to change it respectively as these forms are submitted to a federal agency and any wrong information can lead to trouble in the future. Follow these steps to edit the preparer information:-
- Tap on the Gear icon.
- Select Payroll Settings.
- Select Federal Form Preferences under Payroll and Services.
- Tap on Yes in the Paid Preparer Information box.
- Update the information as required and tap on OK.
Experts are there to help you with QuickBooks form 941
So this has been all about 941 Form in QuickBooks desktop and online. We discussed all the things associated with it, such as how to e-file, e-pay, manually file, print it, and other things. If there are still things you are still stuck with and have no idea where to go, the best possible solution is to reach out to our experts at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1(855)-738-0359 as they can advise you in a better manner.