QuickBooks is very useful software and has been helping businesses in dispersing the timely remuneration of their employees. Sometimes this feature might malfunction while trying to update the company’s payroll due to QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159. It is generally caused due to the wrong file set up in the operating system of your system. The message that appears on your screen is “Can’t Verify Payroll Subscription Error 30159”.
Need Expert Help: The things that we are going to discuss below are technical in nature and thus difficult to understand. If you face any difficulty while following the mentioned instructions, we will advise you to reach our team, and they will help you out in all possible manners. You can call us at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.
What Leads To Error 30159 QuickBooks Payroll?
The payroll feature of QB is attached to a lot of factors, and thus the malfunction of even one can lead to this error. The main causes of QuickBooks Error 30159 include the following reasons:-
- Your payroll subscription is inactive.
- You have multiple active payroll agreements with an inactive Direct Deposit agreement.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop file (paysub.ini) is damaged.
- You are using an outdated product.
- The service key is incorrect.
- The Employer Identification Number (EIN) in your company file is wrong.
- The PSID in your company file is wrong.
- Your QBD version is not compatible with your windows version.
What Should Be Done When The Payroll Subscription Verification Error 30159 Messages Appear On Your Screen?
As we mentioned above, there are multiple factors that can lead to QuickBooks Enterprise Error 30159 and thus, it is very difficult to provide you with one solution that will work for all your problems. Your troubleshooting steps will depend upon the reason causing the error in your system. You can directly jump on the related solution if you are aware of what is causing the error, but in case you don’t know the reason, we will advise you to follow all these solution steps by step in order to fix the error:-
Solution 1- Verifying DeskTop Payroll Subscription
One major factor causing QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 is an inactive subscription QB payroll. Follow these steps in order to ensure that your subscription is active:-
- Update your QuickBooks application to the latest version available and download the latest tax table release.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Account Maintenance page and check if the payroll services show Active. Now close the page.
- Now Reboot your system.
- Again download your payroll update.
- The last step is to reset the QuickBooks Desktop update.
Solution 2- Rename your paysub.ini. File
There is a possibility that paysub.ini. File in your system is causing the error. QB does not allow you to have multiple paysub.ini. File with a similar name, and thus you need to rename them if you have some:-
- Close QBD application.
- Switch on your display hidden files and folders option.
- Type in Paysub.ini in the search field.
- If there are any files with the same name, right-click on them and select Rename option. Add a number or an extra letter to every paysub file found.
- Now open QB again.
Solution 3- Manually Update Your System
The error in your system can cause QuickBooks Desktop Error 30159. You need to restore your system and fix the error; follow these steps in order to do so:-
- Log in to your system as Administrator.
- Press the start button and click on All Programs.
- Select Accessories and then click on system tools.
- Tap on system restore.
- Search ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time’ option.
- Now click on Next.
- Continue till the confirmation window appears.
- Now restart your system and restore the process.
Solution 4- Add EIN to Company file
As we mentioned above, an incorrect EIN number can be a possible cause for enhanced payroll error 30159. You can follow the below-mentioned steps in order to add EIN to your company file:-
- Log into QB.
- Tap on Employes and then select Payroll.
- Choose ‘Use My Existing Payroll Service’.
- The Account Maintenance window will open up.
- Tap on Add File.
- Mark the radio button present against Add EIN Number.
- In case the radio button is disabled, you have already correctly subscribed to the EIN number for your company.
- Tap on Next.
- A review information window shall open up, look through it and verify that all information is correctly added.
- Now return back to QuickBooks.
Solution 5- Scan and Fix error through repair utility.
You can fix the error in a totally automated way by downloading the repair utility. Follow these steps in order to do so-
- Download QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 repair utility.
- Install it on your computer.
- Tap on Scan in order to begin scanning.
- Once the scanning is over, click on Fix Error.
- After the onscreen process is over, restart your system.
Solution 6- Disk Cleanup of your system
One possible cause for QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 is the presence of damaged files on your system. You can fix it by following these steps-
- Press on the Start menu.
- Search Disk Cleanup and press Enter button.
- Select the drive you wish to clean up.
- Tap on Ok button.
- Select the unwanted or temporary files and delete them.
- Now click on the OK button.
So this has been all about QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 30159. We discussed all the factors leading to it and what shall be done in order to fix the error. QuickBooks is a highly useful software for all businesses as it facilitates your accounting needs. In case you found the above article difficult to follow, you can always contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team and they will guide you in all possible manners.