QuickBooks is a very useful software that has been assisting businesses in various functions. One of those functions is calculating and releasing Payroll as required. The application allows you to pay employees by cheque, direct deposit or even e-payment. QuickBooks is also able to fill in payroll tax papers for your company. All these tasks can come to a halt due to QuickBooks Error PS077. You generally face these issues while trying to download payroll updates. If you are among those who have encountered QuickBooks Error message PS077, we are here to guide you and help you out with all possible solutions.
Two different types of error messages might appear on your screen such as:-
- Error Ps077 When Downloading Payroll Updates. A user has not registered QuickBooks software or the Company File is damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks is having trouble installing payroll tax table updates
Why Does QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 Occur?
Multiple factors are leading to QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077. While few of them are technical glitches, others can be the user’s mistakes. Let’s look at all possible causes-
- The Tax Table in the Components/Payroll folder is either invalid or corrupted.
- Your QuickBooks Company file is damaged.
- Your billing info is either incorrect or obsolete.
- You haven’t registered your QuickBooks software.
- There was an error during installation.
There are certain things that you should take into account before you jump onto troubleshooting steps in order to make them easy. They are as follows-
- Verify that your QuickBooks Payroll subscription is active.
- Update your QB application.
- Check your billing information and see if it is correctly entered.
- Check that your system has just one application.
- Take a backup of your company file.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub from a credible source and install it.
What Are The Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077?
Multiple reasons can cause this error, and thus it is difficult to give you a single solution that will surely work for your system. You will have to try different methods to fix this error if you are unaware of the cause, but if you know why the error is occurring, you can directly jump on the related solution. So let’s look at all possible solutions to it.
Few of these solutions are a bit technical in nature and difficult to follow. If you are facing any difficulties how to fix QuickBooks error code ps077 when downloading payroll updates, we will advise you to contact +1 855-738-0359 to our Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team, and they will guide you in all possible manners.
Solution 1- Repair your QBD Application
It is easy to resolve any faults or errors that arise as a result of the program. You’ll need to prepare the QBDT installation CD before you start the repair process and once that is done, follow these steps to fix ps077 error in QuickBooks desktop-
- Restart your computer and close any other application interfering with QuickBooks.
- Tap on the Start menu and then click on the Control panel.
- Choose Programs and Features,
- And if required, click on Uninstall a program.
- Choose Uninstall/Change from the list of programs to remove or change QuickBooks.
- Now choose Continue and then tap on Next.
- Click on Repair and then choose Next. Please wait while the repair process is over.
- Restart your system.
Solution 2- Download the latest payroll Tax Table
Incorrect or outdated payroll tax table information can be a reason for the error, and all you need to do is download the latest tax table in order to reset it. Follow these steps in order to do so-
- Tap on the Employees menu at the top.
- Choose Get Payroll Updates.
- Tick mark the Download Entire Update checkbox.
- Tap on Download latest Update.
- A window will open up after the download is complete.
Solution 3- Run QuickBooks File Doctor to Fix Data Damage
QuickBooks file doctor is useful in repairing damage to the company files. Follow these steps –
- Click on Company File Issues from the QB tool hub.
- Choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor from the drop-down menu. The file doctor can take up to one minute to open.
NOTE– In case QuickBooks File Doctor fails to open up, you would need to search for QuickBooks Desktop File Doc and manually open it.
- Select your company file from the drop-down option in QuickBooks File Doctor. If you don’t see your file, choose Browse and search to locate it.
- Select Check your file and press continue.
- Enter in your QuickBooks admin password and then select Next
The length of time it takes to scan your files is determined by the size of your company. It can take up to 5 minutes in most circumstances. Open QuickBooks and your company file after the scan is complete. Even if the scan resolves your problem, it may report that it failed, so you need to check for the error manually.
Solution 4- Perform Clean Install of QuickBooks
The clean install tool is available in the QB tool hub. You are required to first uninstall QuickBooks from your system and then run this program. Follow these steps in order to do so:-
- Select Installation issues from QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Select Clean Install Tool and then choose OK.
- Choose the QuickBooks version and product version that you want to use. Then press the Continue button.
- A message will pop up saying, “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location.” Press OK.
You’re ready to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop after the Clean Install Tool completes. This will ensure that the next time you install the application, no error is caused.
Read Also: If Can’t Activate Direct Deposit due to QuickBooks error code 40001, Follow the instruction for updating QuickBooks & running it as an administrator.
Solution 5- Make changes to User Account Control Settings.
Many times QuickBooks is unable to download payroll updates because the security settings are too high. Try turning off User Account Control settings, and that might fix the error:-
- Press Windows+R simultaneously, it will open the Run window.
- Type Control Panel and then press OK.
- Choose User Accounts and then select User Accounts (Classic View).
- Tap on Change user account control settings.
NOTE– If you are prompted by UAC, press Yes to continue.
- Now you need to shift the slider:-
- Set it to Never Notify and then press on OK to turn UAC OFF.
- Set to Always Notify and then press on OK to turn UAC ON.
NOTE- If you are prompted by UAC, press Yes to continue.
- Now restart your computer.
So this has been all about payroll update error PS077. We discussed all the factors leading to it and different ways to fix this. We hope that this article has helped you understand what you need to do whenever you face this error. QuickBooks offer many other services apart from Payroll and can help out small as well as big businesses. If your error is still not resolved and you are looking for assistance, contact our expert at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1 855-738-0359. They will guide you on what shall be done to resolve it.