QuickBooks offers an option to keep a record as well as update payrolls. But sometimes, this feature can fail due to Quickbooks Update Error 15212. The error occurs when the users are downloading payrolls or updating QuickBooks. There are three different error messages that might appear on your screen:-
- The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again. You must successfully download the update by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates window.
- The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully.
- The payroll update did not complete successfully. The location for the shared download is not accessible.
If you have run into a QuickBooks Update error 15212 and are facing difficulty following, contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team and instantly fix the error without losing any data.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15212
QuickBooks error 15212 can occur in three different situations:-
- If your shared drive is not mapped.
- If the shared drive is not accessible.
- If the shared drive does not have the required permissions.
Note: Do make sure that you have an active QuickBooks payroll and are using the latest version of QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting steps to fix Quickbooks payroll update error 15212
The troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks update error 15212 involves updating your application, downloading updates in safe mode, and performing a clean install. Let’s look at the step by step guide to fix the error:-
Solution 1- Download an update
In case you are not working on the latest version of the Quickbooks desktop, There is a temporary solution that can help you fix Quickbooks error 15212. Follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Tap on Help and then Update QuickBooks.
- Now click on the Options tab.
- Click No for Shared download. Then tap on Save and then close.
- Now download the update again.
Solution 2- Clean install QuickBooks in Selective Startup
Installation errors in your system can lead to Quickbooks Update Error 15212. You can fix these errors by installing QuickBooks in Selective Startup mode. Follow these steps in order to do so:-
- Create your company file’s backup.
- Note down your QuickBooks Desktop product and license info.
- Press Window + R, and the Run window will open.
- Type msconfig and then press Ok.
- Select Selective Startup and Load system services in the General tab.
- Now select Hide all Microsoft services from the Services tab.
- Choose Disable all.
- Untick Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Check Windows Installer checkbox if not selected and click OK.
- Now Restart your system.
- Now Uninstall QuickBooks from your system and use the clean install tool.
- Reinstall QuickBooks.
- Press open Run window and type msconfig, press OK.
- Select Normal Startup in the General tab.
- Tap on Ok and again restart your system.
Solution 3- Download the Update in Safe Mode.
No other application can hinder QuickBooks when you run it in safe mode. Follow these instructions in order to fix the error:-
Note: These steps are for Windows 10 and ensure that you close your company file.
- Tap on the Windows button.
- Hold the Shift key and click on the Power icon, and select Restart.
- Your computer will turn on the Blue screen. Choose Troubleshoot and then advanced options.
- Restart after clicking Startup Settings. Your PC will turn off and then on itself.
- Now you need to select Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
- Sign in if required. Click on the power icon on the sign-in page.
- Now right click on the Quickbooks icon and select Run as administrator.
- In the No company open, tap on the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tap on the Options tab and select Mark All and then Save.
- Go to the Update Now tab and choose the Reset Update checkbox.
- Select Get Updates.
- Now close QuickBooks.
- Restart your system.
So now we hope that you are aware of what shall be done when Quickbooks Update Error 15212 appears on your system. You can download updates in either normal mode or safe mode. You can also clean install it in selective startup mode. In case you find any difficulty in following the given set of instructions, we will advise you to reach out to our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number so that you don’t lose any data.