QuickBooks is a very famous accounting software helping businesses manage their finances. The developers bring in regular updates to improve the application and add new features. Sometimes users fail to update the application due to QuickBooks error 16026. This error appears on your screen when you try to download QuickBooks updates and can be caused due to a variety of reasons, including problems with your application and outdated versions of programs you are using. If you are witnessing the same error on your screen and looking for solutions, we are here to help you out.
Did you fail to update your application because of QuickBooks error code 16026? Just call our experts at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1 855-738-0359 for easy resolution.
Reasons for QuickBooks Desktop Error 16026
The error usually would not arise on your system if everything is up to date. Another one of the major cause that can lead to QuickBooks desktop error 16026 include problems with the company data file you are, let’s look at the complete list of problems:-
- The company file you are using is corrupted.
- There were some problems at the time of installation.
- You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that is unable to support the QuickBooks desktop application. (Versions before 6.0)
- You are using an outdated version of the Windows operating software.
- Your Internet connection is poor.
You may also read- QuickBooks Error Code 6150 1006- Step-By-Step Guide to Fix it
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error 16026
There are multiple steps involved in fixing QuickBooks error 16026 such as running the Financial Institution Directory, checking your internet connection, and ensuring that your internet explorer is capable of supporting QuickBooks. Here is the step-by-step guide you need to follow:-
- Run your QuickBooks application.
- Now you need to select the Financial Institution Catalog and follow the below-mentioned steps. In order to:-
- Click on the Banking tab and select Online Banking.
- Now choose Available Financial Institutions.
- Wait for the Financial Institution Directory to appear on your screen, it signifies that QuickBooks is capable enough to run one of Intuit’s online services.
- Try using any internet service from QuickBooks or a web browser and update your application if there are no discrepancies.
- Check the version of Microsoft Internet Explorer you are using.
- Run Internet Explorer.
- Tap on the Help tab and select Internet Explorer.
- You need to install the latest version of Internet Explorer if you are using the version prior to 6.0.
- Install the high encryption pack of internet explorer if the cipher strength is lower than 128-bit even if the version is 6.0 or above.
- Create a backup of your company file and then reinstall the QuickBooks application. This can fix the installation error that arises on your screen.
Allow Experts To Help You Fix Error 16026 In QB
So now we hope you understand what shall be done when QuickBooks Error 16026 appears on the screen and what are the possible causes for the same. If you are still unable to resolve the issue and are looking for further guidance, the best option is to seek expert help, just contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team at +1 855-738-0359.
How to Fix QuickBooks error 6189 and 816?
Fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 3008 (Updated 2023)
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Error 15107?