Technology and errors go hand in hand, and thus you may end up with several issues while using QuickBooks. At times, you might get stuck with QuickBooks error H101 while trying to access a company file that is located on another system rather than your operating device. Another reason can be when you try to switch from single-user mode to multi-user mode in QB. Well, you can resolve this error by following effective troubleshooting methods.
Stuck with the H101 error in QuickBooks! Don’t worry. Get in touch with our QuickBooks Experts by dialing our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number if QuickBooks stop hosting multi-user access.
Why QuickBooks Error Code H101 Takes Place?
Below we have listed all the reasons that trigger QuickBooks error H101. Let’s have a look:
- The setup of .ND files are incorrect, and thus, you cannot open the Company file in a particular network.
- Your system is unable to connect with the Server.
- The file configuration is either corrupt or incorrect.
- You cannot access the company file from the server.
- QB Error H101 pops when the Antivirus software or Firewall settings restrict the access of company files.
- QuickBooks cannot track the IP address of your computer.
- The DNS and host settings aren’t correct.
- You haven’t started QuickBooks services such as QBCFMonitor.
- Another reason can be the incorrect installation.
Before you begin troubleshooting the H101 Error In QuickBooks, you must consider the points mentioned below.
Remember Points While Resolving Error H101 In QuickBooks?
You must keep in mind the below-given points before you start fixing the QuickBooks Error H101.
- Make sure that you have installed QuickBooks on the Server Computer.
- The chances are high that you have installed it with or without a license. Therefore, if you haven’t installed the QuickBooks application on the server, you won’t access the multi-user environment.
- If required, you can download the QuickBooks software from the official website of Intuit.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Multi-User Error H101?
Now that you are aware of the reasons that lead to QuickBooks Desktop error H101. You can start implementing the resolution methods as mentioned below.
Method 1: Check the Hosting & QuickBooks services on your server
If you are using the full version of QuickBooks on your server computer, you must first turn on multi-user hosting.
- You have to open the QuickBooks accounting software in your system first.
- Then, select the Utility option from the File menu.
- After that, select the option “hosting Multi-user access.”
- If you get stop hosting multi-user access, you don’t need to select it.
After this, Also make sure that QuickBooks services are running on your computer server.
Follow the below-mentioned steps for QuickBooksDBXX. Afterward, repeat it for QBCFMonitorservice.
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously. It will open up the Run box.
- There, type in ‘service. MSC‘ and press the Enter key.
- If the QuickBooksDBXX Service isn’t visible:
- Confirm that the QBDSM is installed on the server by using the Database Server Manager.
- To run the full program on the server, open QuickBooks, and ensure that hosting is enabled.
Note: Look for 'service.MSC' in the Windows search bar.
- Search for the ‘QuickBooksDBXX’ service from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure that you have set up “Startup Type” to “Automatic,” & service status is “Running” or “Started.”
- Then, click on the Recovery tab.
- After that, select the option “Save the changes.”
- Further, you have to repeat all the above steps for “QBCFMonitorService.”
- Afterward, choose the “Restart the Service” tab.
- At last, you have to open QuickBooks in the multi-user mode on each workstation.
If the above method hasn’t fixed the QuickBooks error H101, you can proceed to the next one.
Method 3: Create a New Folder for QB Company Files
- You can create a new folder for the company files and then share it among the hosting computers.
- After that, you must set up windows to get the entry for sharing the company files.
- Further, copy all the files that have .Qbw file extension into a new folder.
- It will help you know if your company files are opening in Multi-user mode or not.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Downloaded & Install QuickBooks Tool Hub, you can go ahead and run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub desktop icon for opening it.
- Then, click on the Network Issues tab.
- After that, select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- If it shows the correct company file location, click on Start Scan.
- If it doesn’t, click on Browse to select the company file and then click on Start Scan.
- Now QuickBooks Database Server Manager will repair your firewall and give you the required permissions to access all workstations.
- Once the repair completes, click on Close.
- Moving ahead, open QuickBooks Desktop, where you encountered QB Error Code H101.
- Afterward, navigate to File followed by Switch to Multi-User Mode.
If the above method didn’t help you fix QuickBooks Error H101, you could proceed with the next one.
Method 5: Stop Multi-User Access on the Workstations
If you face an H101 error code with more than one workstation, it signifies that you are set to host multi-user mode on the workstations apart from the server.
- The multi-user mode should be enabled only on the server computer.
- If you want to turn off the host multi-user access on the workstation, follow the below steps:
- At first, open QuickBooks, where you have come up with a QB H101 error code.
- Then, go to the File menu and click on Utilities.
- If the option “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” appears on your screen, then you have to repeat the same steps with the other workstations.
- If the option “Host Multi-User Access” displays, you don’t need to do anything and move to the other workstation.
- Once confirmed with all the workstations, move to your server computer. It’s the only system where you should host your company file.
Method 6: Configure the Firewall Settings
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously for opening the Run command.
- Type Control in the search bar and click on OK.
- Navigate to System and Security and from there select the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Then, click on Allow through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Form the list, click on QuickBooks followed by OK.
Method 7: Change QuickBooks File Location
For changing the file location, you have to perform the below-mentioned steps on the server computer where you have hosted the company file.
- Firstly, you have to create a new folder.
- Then, copy the company file (.QBW) and paste it into the new folder.
- Open QuickBooks> File > Open or Restore Company.
- After that, click on the option open a Company File followed by Next.
- Lastly, browse to the location where you have stored the company file and click on open.
Unable to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code H101?
The article provides you with all the effective methods to fix QuickBooks error H101 without any hassle. If the issue persists, even after following all the listed solutions, you can contact our experts by giving us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number. Our experts are available round the clock to assist you with the handiest solutions.