Are you looking for a way that allows you to work in your company file while your accountant is reviewing your books? Well, to your surprise, it’s possible for you to do that. Creating an Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks desktop is the way to go. Once created, you can send a copy of it to your accountant to make the required changes without interrupting your work. And thus, you can save yourself from the hassle of exchanging emails now and then. Besides, you also don’t have to worry about whose changes are the most up-to-date. Once it’s done, you can go ahead to import the changes made and then, update your books. Do you find it a bit complex to do? Well, if that’s so, then, you don’t need to worry. Here, we have listed all the steps by following which you would be able to create and send an Accountant’s Copy.
Wondering how to make an accountant’s copy in QuickBooks Online? To get the answers of all such queries, we would suggest you get in touch with our professionals by giving us a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359
Steps To Create & Send Accountant’s Copy In QuickBooks Desktop?
Here, we have listed all the steps following which you would be able to create and send an Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks Desktop:
Step 1: Set up QuickBooks
If you use QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, make sure to turn off any Advanced Inventory feature that you’re currently using. Moreover, you can turn them on as soon as you Send an Accountant’s copy of QuickBooks back to Client.
Note: If you’re somebody who uses QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier, or don’t use Advanced Inventory, then you can skip this step.
Step 2: Create an Accountant’s Copy
There are two ways by using which you can create an Accountant’s copy of your company file.
- Create a file to put on a USB or online hosting service.
- By using the Accountant’s Copy File Transfer Service to send a file through the web.
A: Create a file you can put on a USB
- Go to the File menu and select Send Company File.
- Then, select Accountant’s Copy followed by Client Activities.
- After that, click on Save File and then Next.
- Further, select Accountant’s Copy and then Next.
- Lastly, enter the dividing date and then select Next.
Now, you will have Accountant’s Copy with a .qbx extension. You can put the file on a USB and give it your accountant, attach it to an email, or share it through a cloud service like Box.
B: Send a file through the Accountant’s Copy File Service
- Go to the File menu and select Send Company File followed by Accountant’s Copy and Client Activities.
- After that, click on Send to Accountant and then Next.
- Now, select Accountant’s Copy and then Next.
- Make sure to enter the dividing date. And then, select Next.
- Further, you have to enter your and your accountant’s email addresses.
- Create a password for the file as it is required by your accountant for accessing it.
- At last, click on Send.
QuickBooks then closes all the open windows and sends the file. However, you must know that your accountant would have two weeks to download the Accountant’s Copy sent by you.
Note: Once you have sent your file, make sure to turn your Advanced Inventory features back on. Moreover, you can keep them till the time your accountant works on their Accountant’s copy in QuickBooks desktop. But, you’ll need to briefly turn them off again when you import their changes.
Find An Expert!
Following the above steps, you would surely be able to create and send an Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks desktop without much trouble. However, if you get stuck or find the mentioned steps a bit complex, then we would suggest you to take the assistance of our experts by placing a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359