At times, while trying to update your bank account in QuickBooks, you might come across QuickBooks error 590. In recent times, the error has been registered with the various banks and the user is unable to connect to banks. Some of them include Bank of America, Chase Bank, Capital One, Wells Fargo and many other banks. When it occurs, it displays an error message on your screen, that reads:
“Something unexpected happened and we can’t connect to YOUR BANK NAME. Try again in a few hours. (590)”
There can be some specific reasons such as a downtime problem with the banking website, unable to read the right captcha or slow internet speed that may restrict you from connecting to the bank. However, there are several other reasons as well that may trigger the error 590. We have covered all such possible causes in the next section of this blog.
Main Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 590
Amongst the several reasons that evoke QuickBooks error 590, one of the major reasons is the Google captcha that appears while adding the bank connection. If the verification takes too long, then the bank’s website gets a timeout error that causes the banking website to get closed. Below we have listed the other reasons as well:
- The bank website might be experiencing downtime and is not responding to the user’s login request.
- You won’t be able to pass the Google Captcha verification.
- Another reason can be slow internet speed or no internet connection.
- The bank feeds might not be activated in the QuickBooks Online application.
Troubleshooting Steps To Resolve QuickBooks Bank Connection Error 590
You may try to disconnect your bank account from QuickBooks Online and then reconnect it again to create a new connection with your financial institution. Moreover, it’s important for one to understand how disconnection can affect your transactions and QuickBooks Online activities. To make you aware of that, below we have listed two crucial effects that disconnecting your bank account from QuickBooks Online have:
- You won’t be able to receive the banking transactions in QuickBooks if you disconnect your bank account. Despite that, you would still be able to find your bank account in QuickBooks Online.
- Any transactions under the For Review section will get deleted, thus make sure to keep a note of them for further use.
Further, you may proceed with the below-given resolution methods to fix QuickBooks error 590:
Solution 1: Verify your Internet Connectivity
- Open the Internet Browser in the first place. However, you’re suggested to use Internet Explorer 11 or later.
- Then, type QuickBooks.com and press the Enter key.
- Make sure to note down the time taken by the browser to load the website.
- If loading the website takes too long, it signifies that there is some issue with your internet connection. Thus, you must get in touch with your IT expert to get the issue fixed.
Solution 2: Disconnect your Financial Institution Account to disable the Bank Feeds
You might end up with QuickBooks error 590 mainly when your Financial Institution has updated their bank’s website. Moreover, you can resolve it by updating the login information in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
- At first, go to Banking from the left menu and then, click on the Update option. QBO tries to connect to your bank to manually update your account.
- After that, click on the Edit icon next to the bank name and select Edit sign-in info.
- When prompted, enter your user ID and password.
- Once done, click on Save and connect.
- If the error persists, we would suggest you reach out to our QuickBooks Support Team. In the meantime, you can bring transactions into QBO if your bank supports certain types of file downloads (QFX, QBO, CSV,and OFX).
Solution 3: Reconnect your Bank Account
The bank’s resolution states that user name and password must be matched while you try to connect the Capital One account. However, if you have more than one account, ensure that you are using the correct user name and password for the account you are connecting to.
Disconnect, if the account you’re trying to connect is already connected:
- Go to the Banking tab.
- Select the Capital One account, click on the Edit icon and click on Edit info.
- In the Account detail window, check the Disconnect this account on the save box.
- Click on Save and Close.
Otherwise, follow the below-given steps to connect it:
- From the Banking page, click on Add account.
- Enter the website’s page.
- Sign in and enter your Capital One’s login credentials.
- Follow the instructions to connect the bank account.
- Once done, QuickBooks will automatically download 90 days worth of transactions. Make sure to delete those duplicates. Then, match/add those are not to reconcile your account.
Solution 4: Try to add a new connection
When you get the QuickBooks error 590, it means that the bank’s sign-in window was closed out while attempting to add the new connection or it took too long to verify the Google reCAPTCHA. In the meantime, you can try these steps to get your transactions:
- Sign in to your bank’s website.
- Select the date range of transactions you want.
- Choose one of the following supported file types – Comma-Separated Values (CSV), Quicken (QFX), QuickBooks Online (QBO), or Microsoft Money (OFX).
- Download the file to your computer. Please take note of the file name and the location where you download it.
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online account to upload the file.
- On the left pane, select Banking then select the Banking tab.
- At the top right, select File Upload from the drop-down.
- Click Browse and select the file you saved.
Solution 5: Try to improve the program functionality
To make sure if QB error 590 is caused due to an issue with your bank’s server or not, try to create a sample company file and download your bank transactions from there. Further, you may proceed with the below-given steps:
Note: Before you begin to fix QuickBooks error 590, make sure to back up your company file to keep your company data secure. Then, make sure your QBDT for Mac software is updated to improve the program functionality and fix uncommon issues.
- Select New Company from the File drop-down list.
- Enter a name for the test file and click Save.
- In the Create New Company wizard, fill out the required fields and then select Finish.
- Add the account that was experiencing issues to the Chart of Accounts.
- Set up Online Banking for that account.
- Choose Download transactions.
If you’re able to connect and download your bank transactions from the new company file, we would suggest you to run the Verify Rebuild utility tool. This tool scans your software for data issues and fixes them instantly. If the issue persists even then, you can try to contact the Chase bank support team, to make sure if there are any changes or on-going maintenance on their end. It could be one of the reasons due to which you fail to download the bank transactions.
Need Help To Fix QuickBooks Online error 590!
We have tried to provide all the available methods that can help you resolve QuickBooks error 590 without any hassle. However, if you get stuck while following any of the above-listed methods, we would suggest you to give us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.