Hosting QuickBooks on a cloud server is the most powerful and scalable way that allows the user to access the QB data via a web browser from anywhere on any device. Therefore, QuickBooks hosting serves the user with the best of both worlds, the accessibility of the online version, and the robustness of the desktop version. In this article, you will get to know everything about QuickBooks hosting and some facts, which you must take into accounting while choosing a cloud service provider.
Do you need professional assistance for moving QuickBooks on a Cloud? Call Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert at (855)-948-3651 for the best QB hosting solutions.
Requirements for Hosting QuickBooks on a Cloud Server:
Once you set up QuickBooks Desktop in the Cloud, you can use the QuickBooks Pro Hosting Multi-User Mode where you can add multiple users to work on the same file simultaneously. Thus, your accountant can do any work without even stepping into your workplace. You must be aware of the following conditions before setting up QuickBooks Desktop cloud hosting.
- Subscribe to the QuickBooks cloud hosting service to avail the cloud space required to install and run QuickBooks Desktop on the virtual servers.
- Internet connection
How is QuickBooks Hosting on a Cloud Server Works?
If you are confused about the working of Cloud platform, then you don’t need to worry. You can follow the below-mentioned steps. There we have explained the functioning of a Cloud server:
QuickBooks on cloud works in the following way:
- Install License copies of QuickBooks on the server of the cloud provider.
- Users can access to the server via the internet with specific configurations:
- Security steps are implemented to secure the application.
- The connectivity between the end-user device and the server is accomplished using the Remote Desktop Protocol.
- The server is designed to be accessed from any device, working on different Operating Systems.
- Changes made on the QuickBooks server are saved automatically and will appear to all authorized users.
What are the steps to Set up QuickBooks Hosting on a Cloud Server?
If you are looking for a handy guide that can help you know how to set-up hosting QuickBooks on a server, then you can follow the procedure listed below:
Step 1: Get QuickBooks on the Virtual Machine
- Open the QB product download page and choose the country, Product, and correct product version from the drop-down lists.
- Now, tap Search and then select Download.
- After that, open downloads and select QuickBooks installer.
- Proceed by selecting your Installation Type window. Once done, select the custom and network option and click on Next.
- Now, click on “I will not be using QuickBooks on this computer. I will be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network.” and Tap on Next.
- Once installed, Open QuickBooks.
Step 2: Setup QuickBooks Company File
- Navigate to the C drive of your computer after installation.
- Create a new folder for storing the company file and name it QuickBooks.
- Right-click the folder and from the Share with options select Specific People.
- For sharing, the companies file with everyone, choose everyone, and click Add.
- After that, click Share and enter the credentials.
- Now, choose the folder saved in C drive and go to Properties.
- In the Sharing tab, glance over the Network Path.
- Pen down the network path to access the file.
- Open the File Manager and click Map Network drive from the top. Click Finish.
Step 3: Install QuickBooks Desktop on Clients Machine
- Download the QuickBooks installer on your system and run the file.
- Select, “I will be using QuickBooks on this computer” from the Custom. Then, click on Next.
- Complete the product registration process by following the instructions.
- After this, Restore an Existing Company File.
- Open the network drive and select the company file.
- Tap Open and hit Yes, for giving the access of company files to the users.
What Are The Advantages Of Hosting QuickBooks On A Cloud Server?
QuickBooks desktop is the most advanced and used accounting applications. Still, it restricts the accountants and CPA to perform with the utmost efficiency. Some limitations are listed below:
- No real-time team collaboration
- Sharing & exchanging files is inconvenient
- Lack of automation in updates
- Lack of automation with data entry
- All the data is on the local device
- Resource limitations of the local device
- No Remote Access
- Limited user access
However, with cloud hosting, all these limitations can be migrated. As the cloud offers all these benefits:
- Flexibility and scalability with resources
- Reduced local IT expenses
- Seamless integration with add-ons
- Backed up against accidental data loss
- Multiple user access
- Real-time change tracking
- Secure file sharing with unlimited users
Now, that you are well-versed with the advantages of cloud-hosted QuickBooks, you can move ahead and choose a cloud hosting provider. For that, you need to keep certain factors into consideration. Below we have mentioned a few of them.
How Can You Select The Best QuickBooks Cloud Service Provider?
These days, the cloud is the demand of every business owner. Therefore, the leading cloud service providers can offer hosting services for QuickBooks Desktop application. Considering the varied characteristics of the accounting applications, you must follow the expertise for choosing the authorized cloud-hosting provider. Some important factors are mentioned below that one must take into consideration before you finalize the hosting provider for QB Desktop.
- Helpline Policies
- Add-ons & Plugin compatibility
- Customer reviews & testimonials
- Backup & Disaster Recovery solutions
- Intuit Authorization
- Security practices & features
- Data and password storage policies
- Uptime guarantee
- Plans & Price
Looking for Customer Assistance
We hope you have thoroughly followed the steps mentioned in this article to set up the QuickBooks in the cloud. However, if you still face any error while hosting QuickBooks on the cloud server, feel free to reach us at our QuickBooks cloud hosting helpline at (855)-948-3651 for immediate help and assistance.