QuickBooks error messages often come with troubleshooting instructions to fix them. Moreover, various diagnosis and repair tools like QB Tool Hub and QB File Doctor Tool effectively resolve several joint issues in QuickBooks. However, the QuickBooks Something’s not quite right error is an expected problem that leaves the users confused. The error doesn’t specify the reason or instruct the users on how to resolve it.
When you see a QuickBooks online error something’s not quite right, or on QB Desktop, you must fix this issue to resume your accounting operations. To assist that cause, we have compiled a comprehensive guide on the same.
Go through the solution methods listed below in the blog, and if you get stuck in a step or have a query, feel free to contact QB ProAdvisors at +1-(855)-738-0359. Also, QuickBooks errors can be overwhelming and hard to resolve. Therefore, we suggest you connect with our advisors and allow them to walk you through the resolution process!
What is QuickBooks Something’s Not Quite Right Error?
You might see unexpected error messages when working on QuickBooks Desktop or Online. The error message might look like this:
“Something’s not quite right. Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0:”
” Something’s not right. We’re unable to complete your request at the moment, try again later.”
The error messages can vary and might look like:
“QuickBooks something’s not quite right metadata is not defined”
“Something’s not quite right delete expense QuickBooks online.”
“Something’s not quite right please balance debits and credits QuickBooks.”
The users have faced QuickBooks something’s not quite right error when they returned to the reconciliation window when trying to change a bank account or adjust a payment, etc.
When Do Users See QuickBooks Desktop Or QuickBooks Online Error Something’s Not Quite Right?
QuickBooks Online or Desktop users can face something’s not quite right error on a multitude of operations, such as while working on bank transactions, payment details, and account reconciliation. Here are a few instances when the users commonly encounter this issue:
- When your login session has expired
- When you are modifying account types
- When you are editing, saving, or voiding an invoice
- When you are adjusting a payment
- When you have considerably saved cache, cookies, and internet files
QuickBooks something’s not quite right error requires detailed troubleshooting to fix the issue. Let us review the in-depth solutions to repair your QB Desktop or Online.
Solution Methods For QuickBooks Something’s Not Quite Right Error
As the error can stem from issues in the browser (in the case of QuickBooks Online), or QuickBooks Desktop, you need to carry out the corresponding troubleshooting method for it. Therefore, let’s look at the resolution methods for QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop separately.
Resolving QuickBooks Online Error Something’s Not Quite Right
You are most likely to encounter QuickBooks online error something’s not quite right when you change the payment or account type or when your login session has expired. Follow these steps to repair your QuickBooks Online and resolve the issue.
- Open QuickBooks Online in Incognito or Private Window
The operations of QuickBooks Online (QBO) run on your browser, therefore, we will start with verifying that your browser is working correctly. Often, something’s not quite right error in QuickBooks Online might result due to the issues in the browser window.
- Therefore, open QuickBooks Online in the incognito or private window in your browser.
- Here’s how to open incognito or private windows in these browsers:
Safari: Command + Shift + N
Google Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + N
Microsoft Edge: Ctrl + Shift + P
Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P
- You can also open the private or incognito window by clicking on the three-dot or three-bar menu, most likely in the top right corner.
- Now, carry out the same operations in QuickBooks Online in the incognito or private window.
- Use a Supported Browser
QuickBooks Online error something’s not quite right is rooted in the web browser, so check that you are using a supported browser. Internet Explorer is not a supported browser for QuickBooks Online anymore.
Here is a list of the recommended browser by Intuit that supports QBO:
- Mozilla Firefox: version 76 or newer
- Safari: version 12 or newer (Mac only)
- Opera: version 68 or newer
- Google Chrome: version 78 or newer
- Samsung: version 10 or newer
- Microsoft Edge: version 79 or newer
If you are not using a browser in the list above, consider switching to the supported browsers. QuickBooks something’s not quite right error persists, so move on to the next solution method.
- Clear Cache And Cookies
If QuickBooks online error something’s not quite right is not fixed by the above method, clear the browser’s cache and cookies in internet files.
- Launch the internet browser you use for QuickBooks Online
- Open the vertical three-dot or three-line menu, most probably in the top right corner of the browser window
- Browse the list of options in the menu and click on Settings
- Now, click on Clear Browsing Data.
- In Chrome, navigate to the Privacy and Security section and look for cache and cookies.
- Clear all browsing data to delete stored cookies and cache files. If there is a time range for the delete function, select the time to all.
- If you are using Safari, open the browser window and click on the menu.
- Now, select Reset Safari, and check all the data for websites
- Confirm, reset, and clear all the browsing data.
You May Also Read: QuickBooks Error H202: How to Fix Multi-User Switching Issues?
Resolving QuickBooks Error Something’s Not Quite Right On Desktop
If you encounter a QuickBooks error something’s not quite right on the Desktop, you can fix it by repairing your QB application. You can do so by resetting the data of the QuickBooks application and clearing any cache.
- Open the start menu by clicking on the window icon or pressing the window button on the keyboard.
- Now, click on Settings, and then select System.
- You will be able to see the application settings on the screen. Select the QuickBooks Desktop application, and browse for the app settings.
- Navigate to advanced options and click on reset data or simply reset option.
- Reset the data of the application.
Resetting the data of QuickBooks Desktop will fix something’s not quite right error. If the trouble persists, move on to the next section.
How can I change the account type in QuickBooks online when facing a QuickBooks something’s not quite right error?
Sometimes, you need to change the account type in QuickBooks Online. In this section, we will discuss how to change the account type in QuickBooks Online and what you should do when you cannot change the account type.
The user needs to choose a bank account when he generates or creates an expense transaction in QuickBooks. The credit card or bank account should be where the payment is coming from.
Here’s how the users can see the account details of a payment account:
- Go to the accounting menu and click on the Account of charts
- Now, browse the account you are working on and select it
- Click on the action column and find the edit
- Select Edit
In case you face the error mentioning selecting an account type for your transaction while managing your purchase orders, follow the troubleshooting guide to clear the browser’s cache and QB application to fix the issue. The purchase order transactions are usually saved in the section of vendor details. The purchase order transactions don’t impact other accounts in QuickBooks Online and are meant to help you track the orders. In the category details section, you need to change an account.
This ensures that you can save the purchase order without an error. Here’s how to use another product or item to save a purchase order successfully.
- Open QuickBooks Online, and look for the plus icon.
- Now, click on the purchase orders option
- Open the drop-down menu for the vendor, you are creating the purchase order.
- You can also add a new vendor using the add new button.
- Now, fill in the crucial details and choose the product and items.
- Finish with Save and Close.
When you face QuickBooks something’s not a quite right error, you cannot change the account type. Let us take a look at a variety of scenarios when you might be prevented from modifying or switching the account type.
- When You Want to Change an Account Created Automatically
The accounts generated automatically by the application cannot be changed. These accounts have specified purposes, such as payroll expense, retained earnings, inventory, assets, opening balance equity, etc. Therefore, if you cannot change the account type, check and ensure it was created manually.
If you cannot change an account made manually, follow the above troubleshooting guide to fix the QuickBooks something’s not quite right error.
- When the Parent Account Holds Sub Accounts
You should know something about parent accounts and sub-accounts: their type should be the same. Therefore, the application will display an error when you change the kind of sub-account different from the parent account. Thus, before changing the account type of the subaccount, first, separate it from the parent directory. However, after changing the sub-account, I know it cannot be moved back.
You can change the account type once you have moved the subaccount away from the parent account.
- When You Want to Change Account Receivable (A/R) or Payable Accounts (A/P)
You are not allowed to change the account type of account receivable account (A/R) or account payable account (A/P). These receivable and payable accounts serve their designated purpose, and you cannot convert an existing account to (A/R) or (A/P). If you face issues related to the account or type, the only way around is to create a new account. For more details on the matter, contact our QB advisors who will walk you through the process.
- When the Account Has Processed Un-Deposited Funds Or Cash
Certain accounts cannot change, which include the accounts that have been used for payments or transactions using un-deposited funds or cash. Therefore, to change the account type, you will need to modify and edit these transactions. To analyze and get a report on your account, utilize the account quick reports tool.
Connect With An Expert!
If self-troubleshooting doesn’t give a result, it is time to connect with an expert and let them fix the error for you. These QB Proadvisors have the IT expertise to address QB issues and queries. Dial +1.855.738.0359, and let them get rid of QuickBooks something’s not quite right error.
Frequently Asked Questions On QuickBooks Error Something’s Not Quite Right
- How can I add a category to your purchase order in case I am facing a QuickBooks something’s not quite right error?
Ans– When you see something’s not quite right error message, you might need to add a category to the purchase order. Therefore, set up a default category for the supplier or vendor. Here are the steps for editing the default account:
- Open QuickBooks and click on the expenses menu
- Now, navigate to the Vendors section
- Choose the vendor you want to work on
- Click on edit, and scroll down
- Now, in the accounting section, find the default account settings
- Choose the default account and save the changes.
2. How to resolve something’s not quite right error in QuickBooks if the above methods don’t work?
Ans– Let’s say you have tried all the above troubleshooting methods and yet can’t resolve QuickBooks something’s quite not a right error. However, don’t panic, as our technical experts are available 24/7 to resolve the QB error for you. The QB issues are technical in nature and need subject knowledge of the same.
3. Why does QuickBooks keep saying something went wrong?
Ans– Something went wrong, or something’s not quite right, is an error in QuickBooks and can be caused by several reasons. Follow these steps individually to fix the error in QuickBooks Online or Desktop.
- If you are using QuickBooks Online on a browser, clear all the cache and data of the browser and open QuickBooks again.
- Moreover, to check if the problem is with the browser window, open QBO in an incognito or private window.
- To fix QuickBooks something’s not quite right error in QB desktop, clean the data, and reset the QuickBooks application.
4. How do I fix a QuickBooks error?
Ans– QuickBooks errors are resolved by a thorough diagnosis and troubleshooting. To start with, identify the error with the signs. Once you have an idea about which error you are facing, browse for the solution methods on the internet from trusted websites.
Alternatively, you can reach out to the QB Proadvisors and allow them to help and guide you to resolve QB issues. Moreover, they can also take care of the damage in QB applications or company files and fix QB errors.