QuickBooks Web Connector or QBWC is a utility that is supported by the Windows OS. It enables the web applications to share the data with QuickBooks Desktop products, including the QB POS. This QBWC application may either be installed on a local system or hosted on the cloud. It allows the users to create a utility that directly communicates with a remote copy of QuickBooks without accessing the system containing QuickBooks.
Once the integration application is created, it must be registered with the QuickBooks Web Connector. This registration process involves specifying the location of the integration application and the QuickBooks company file that it will be accessing. The QB Web Connector generates the QWC files that work as a bridge between the application and remotely hosted QBs. Let’s know in brief about QBWC.
For those who require assistance and support in getting the QuickBooks Web Connector set up on your system. Do let us know by calling +1(855)-738-0359, the Asquare helpline number. Our experts will get in touch with you immediately.
What is Intuit QuickBooks Web Connector?
QBWC setup is an effective way to create a contact of QuickBooks to websites. It is two-way communication between the QB products and web applications. It provides all Web Connector benefits to the users by installing and configuring it for Basic, Manual, and Automatic start.
Now, it’s time to talk about the QWC files and other important things that are linked to them. So that while you install and when you start using the web connector of QB you face no issues or hassles.
What are the QWC files?
The initial step to create a relationship between your application and web-based QBs is to generate a QWC file. This file specifies the information of your utility, its requirements, and your requirements.
What is the Need for a Web Connector Tool?
The QBWC comes with many benefits that help you in managing your accounting work.
- It enables the QB POS XML & GB XML to share between cloud-hosted applications and QuickBooks POS/Financial Software.
- It schedules the communication with the web services automatically.
- It offers to add a new web service to the web services list, by which QBWC can easily communicate.
How to Set up a QuickBooks Web Connector?
In this section, we will provide you the steps to set up the Web Connector in QuickBooks. Web Connector offers you the most effortless approach to set up and manage an application. By this, you can see all your apps in one place. The connected apps will show the apps you set up with Quickbooks. Now, let’s start the procedure:
1. Download QBWC
Follow the steps to download and install the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Firstly, Download the installer.
- Then, click right on the installer download and select the Extract All option.
- From the extracted folder, right-click on the .exe file and then select ‘Run as Administrator‘.
After Download Web Connector Quickbooks and running the .exe file, you get the .QWC file and now follow the given steps for installing the QBWC.
2. Install QB Web Connector Properly
- Go to the QB Web Connector window, and from the Application list, choose the desired third-party web-based application.
- Then, move to the password section and enter QuickBooks Password that you created in the third-party application.
- Now, choose Update Selected by which data exchange will run.
- After that, go back or relocate to the third-party web-based application that is the QuickBooks integration screen.
- In the end, click on the Next button on the Web Connector Installation and Configuration screen.
After this in the QuickBooks Integration screen, a verification appears that QuickBooks Web Connector has been installed successfully.
In case, the above-given version doesn’t work, then you can download a different QBWC version.
- Version 220.127.116.11 – 75.7 MB (79,446,404 bytes)
- Version 18.104.22.168 – 79.8 MB (83,754,544 bytes)
- Version 22.214.171.124 – 80.8 MB (84,742,144 bytes)
- Version 126.96.36.199 – 80.8 MB (84,742,144 bytes)
- Version 188.8.131.52 – 77.9 MB (81,743,872 bytes)
- Version 184.108.40.206 – 12.6 MB (13,231,104 bytes)
- Version 220.127.116.11 – 12.4 MB (13,058,048 bytes)
If you get an error when trying to install Web Connector
Just in case, If you are getting an error after concurring QB Web Connector Download and installation, you can easily uninstall or reinstall it.
How to Uninstall a QuickBooks Web Connector Tool?
- Firstly, press the Windows + R keys together.
- Now, in the Run box, type Control Panel and press OK.
- Then, select Uninstall a program.
- Select Web Connector, then double click to uninstall.
- If you can’t find the Web connector, then delete the QBWC folder in these locations.
- C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Common Files/Intuit/QuickBooks
- C:/ProgramFiles(x64)/Common Files/Intuit/QuickBooks
You can face different types of error, which are listed below:
- QBWC1005 Error – QBWC failed to run
- QBWC1006 Error – QBWC failed to run
- QBWC1007, 1008 or 1009 Error – While making a connection with QuickBooks
- QBWC1011 Error – Application Name does not exist in the registry
- QBWC1016 Error – No utility selected for update
- QBWC1018 Error – No utility is available to choose from at this time
- QBWC1019 Error – No utility is available for un-selecting at this time
- QBWC1020 Error – There are scheduled jobs. Web Connector unable to run. These jobs if you exit.
- QBWC1022, 1023, or 1024 Error – While making a connection with QuickBooks
- QBWC1030 Error – Password is not available for application
- QBWC1032 Error – Could not find the application. Application Name in the registry for completion scheduled update
- QBWC1033 Error – QBWC failed to initialize QWCLog.txt file and will not run
- QBWC1035 Error – Due to Exception Dns.Resolve(localhost) failed.
- QBWC1037 Error – The application sent the given error message or warning message while checking the QBWC version Update aborted.
- QBWC1038 Error – User canceled from master key input. Need a master key to continue
- QBWC1039 Error – There was an issue adding the application. Check QWCLog.txt for details.
- QBWC1040 Error – Web Connector did not provide an appropriate username and password
- QBWC1048 Error – QBWC could not verify the certificate of the web application server.
- QBWC1085 Error – QB was unable to write or type the log file. QuickBooks will open without typing the log files.
- QuickBooks found an error when entering the provided XML text stream.
3. Add Application to Intuit Web Connector
To start with the procedure of ‘how to add the application to QuickBooks Web Connector Tool’, ensure that you are logged into QuickBooks as the admin and then log in to the Intuit Account.
If you have the .QWC file, you can connect it to QBs. Follow the steps:
- Firstly, choose the File>>Update Web service>>Manage Web Apps.
- Now, choose the Set up next to the app which you want to set up. This will redirect you to the app’s website where you Sign in.
- Then, select Connect to QBs on the app site.
- In the end, open the QBs Desktop and then choose Done from the Access Confirmation screen to complete the setup.
You can also manage your app easily. Just follow the listed steps.
Manage the Application in QBWC
Ensure that you sign in to the QB as the admin and Sign in to your Intuit Account.
- Choose File>>App Management>>Manage Web Apps.
- Then choose Connected Apps to preview your apps and then make changes.
After managing the app, this procedure also allows you to delete the application.
Delete an App
It’s easy to delete the app from the Web Connector. Once you delete the app, all the data exchange won’t work with QBs Desktop.
- Choose Edit>>Preference>>Integrated Applications.
- Then, choose Company preferences.
- In the end, choose the app you want to delete, select Remove, and then OK.
Transfer App to Your Device
This feature allows you to transfer your app to another system for the same company file. After moving the app, the connection will be removed from the other computer. Ensure that you’re using the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- First, Choose File>>Update Web Service>>Manage Web Apps.
- Then, select Connected Apps to see your apps and make changes.
- In the end, choose Transfer App to my device. The app connection will transfer to your new device. Continue the data transfer.
How To Disable QuickBooks Web Application Connector?
- Firstly, launch the start menu and then click on All Programs.
- Then, click on Startup and press on QuickBooks.
- Now, click right on the Exchange Data with Web Services.
- Click Delete.
- In the end, click on Yes for disabling the Web Connector in QB.
How to Use the Web Connector in QuickBooks?
After installing the Web Connector, add a new Web Service that is a Web App to the Web Services list by which the Web Connector communicates quickly. Particular files with a .QWC extensions are the XML files that describe the Web Service, designed to interact with QBS and automatically opened by Web Connector.
In this write-up, we have discussed how to set up QuickBooks Web Connector and how to use it. It also covers the procedure of downloading QuickBooks Web Connector and its installation. If you have any type of query or any doubts, you are free to ask our QB Experts at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359 to take advice related to your query. They are here to help you with all the problems that you are facing with the web connector.
They are here for your support and help you 24×7 and immediate assistance is delivered. So, make sure you consult with our experts to quickly and hassle-free fix any problem or overcome any hiccup that comes along the way.
Frequently Asked Questions On QuickBooks Web Connector
Yes, QBWC helps you to manage your application, whether you want to delete, add, work, or transfer.
To prevent the QBWC from starting automatically, click on its entry from the list and then press the Disable button from the Task Manager Windows bottom.
The QB Web Connector generates the QWC files that work as a bridge between the application and remotely hosted QBs.