QBWC (QuickBooks Web Connector) is a Windows application developed by Microsoft that allows the users to share data between QuickBooks Desktop and an online application that is hosted on the web. It’s easier for the Web Connectors to integrate with any QuickBooks Desktop application that uses QuickBooks SDK or QB POS SDK. You can download this software for free from Intuit’s Developers website, and it is available for all users. However, certain errors like Web Connector Error QBWC1085 or Exception Type Error: Unknown name you may often encounter. In this blog, we have listed the possible causes and the troubleshooting methods that can help you fix it.
Wondering how to fix the QBWC1085 error! Get in touch with our experts by dialling our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number
What Is Meant By QBWC1085 Error Message?
The Desktop version of QuickBooks gets affected due to the QuickBooks Web Connector error 1085. Whenever you come across such an error, in that situation, QuickBooks won’t be able to exchange the data from any third-party web-based application. Such an error takes place when there is any damage in the QWCLOG.TXT fie. The below mentioned QuickBooks error message QBWC1085 would appear on your screen whenever you try to open the QB enterprise solutions or start your computer system:
QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
Exception Type Error: Unknown name
What Causes QBWC1085 Log File Error?
QBWC1085 log file web connector issue mainly takes place due to two reasons, as mentioned below:
- You may end up with error code QBWC1085 when the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector program gets damaged due to some of the other reasons.
- Another reason behind the QBWC1085 error in QuickBooks can be when you cannot access the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector program due to a certain reason.
How To Identify Intuit QuickBooks Web Connector QBWC1085 Error?
The below-mentioned factors will help you identify the QBWC1085 problem with the log file:
- The QuickBooks software stops functioning appropriately.
- Your software might freeze at regular intervals.
- The functions of the web connector program aren’t working correctly.
- In such a scenario, the user doesn’t receive any response from Windows.
NOTE: In case you are not using any third-party Web-based applications with QuickBooks. Therefore, to get rid of any web connector related issues, you can disable Web Connector from the list of automatic startup programs.
Follow these Steps To Delete QuickBooks Web Connector?
- Firstly, you have to log in with an admin account on Windows.
- Then, open Windows File Manager and go to C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\ Windows \Start Menu\ Programs\ Startup.
- After that, search for QuickBooks Web Connector from the folder and delete it.
- Lastly, you can restart Windows and try to use QuickBooks online applications once again.
NOTE: If you are interested and want to download QuickBooks Web Connector for Windows, then you can click HERE and follow instructions as displayed online.
Are you wondering why the QBWC1085 error keeps returning? Well, you don’t need to worry any longer. The below-listed resolution methods will help fix the QBWC1085 error code at the earliest.
How To Fix QBWC1085 Web Connector Error?
Before you begin following the troubleshooting methods, you have to make sure that the Web Connector program is visible under the automatic startup programs list and runs in the background process. Further, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to enable the QB Web Connector.
Step 1: Enable QuickBooks Web Connector
- At first, simultaneously press the Windows + R key to open the Run box.
- Then, type MSConfig in the Run window.
- After that, click on, OK, followed by the Startup.
- Moving ahead, search for the QuickBooks Web Connector program in the list and checkmark it.
- Further, click on Apply followed by OK.
- Now, you have to restart Windows.
- Follow the next step after you have restarted the Windows.
NOTE: If your data file is connected to a third-party application that uses Web Connector, then in that situation, you would want the Web Connector to stay in the Startup menu. Renaming the QWCLOG.TXT file would be the best option that can help you fix the error.
Step 2: Rename QWCLOG.TXT File
- To begin, right-click on the small QuickBooks Web Connector icon from the taskbar.
- Then, click on Exit.
- Now, open Windows File Manager and go to C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QBWebConnector \log folder.
- Further, you have to right-click on the QWCLOG.TXT file and select the Rename option.
- Then, rename it to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and save the file.
- After that, you need to restart the Web Connector application.
- Moving ahead, reboot your computer, and open the QuickBooks application.
- Lastly, try to use an online application that you have integrated with QuickBooks.
Contact Experts for Hassle-Free Rectification of Error QBWC1085
Hopefully, the troubleshooting steps mentioned on this blog have helped you to resolve QBWC1805 without any hassle. If you are stuck and need an expert’s assistance, then you must contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert. Our expert team is available round the clock to provide you with handy solutions.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 FAQs:
There are several reasons behind the error QBWC1085. One such reason is the damaged QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector program.
Inability to access the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector program.
You may end up with a log file error in QB when you cannot access the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector program due to some reasons.