QuickBooks offers businesses an option to manage invoices & easily keep track of accounts receivable records. But sometimes, users cannot print invoices in QuickBooks due to an application issue or faulty printer & its setup. It can hamper your daily functioning, and thus it becomes essential to fix this error. If ever you face such printing issues, you need to follow the preventive measures given below to avoid any data damage. Therefore, we have enclosed here the causes and troubleshooting steps when QuickBooks invoices are not printing correctly.
Steps to fix QuickBooks not printing invoices error will require technical knowledge on the users part. If you are not very tech-savvy, we will advise you to contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team at +1(855)-738-0359, In this way, you don’t lose any data in the troubleshooting process.
Causes Of QuickBooks Printing Problems With Invoices
QuickBooks printing problems with invoices are caused because of two major reasons- there is an issue with the QuickBooks Application, or there is an issue with your printer:-
- QuickBooks could not connect to your printer or Microsoft XPS Document Writer on the XPS port.
- The printer is offline or deactivated.
- Printer drivers or software are not installed correctly.
- Either printer is switched off, or the paper tray is empty.
- Not logged in with Administrator account.
Things To Do Before Troubleshooting
If your system cannot print invoices in QuickBooks, there are certain things you need to do before you actually jump on the troubleshooting steps-
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool hub if already not installed on your system.
- Check if your printer is ON and the sheet tray is not empty.
- Check if your printer is working fine.
- Turn off your printer and then restart your system. Now turn back your printer on.
- Tap on the windows start button and open Control Panel.
- Double click on Printer and Faxes. In case the printer shows offline, right-click on the printer and choose Use Printer Online.
- Double click on the printer and if there are jobs in the queue, Cancel them.
- Now close the window and right-click on the printer, and select properties.
- Now click on Print Test Page.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Online Checks Not Printing Correctly Fixed!
4..Make sure that your printer is set to print a single sheet:-
- Tap on the File menu and Select Printer setup.
- Select Page Oriented(Single Sheets) from the lists of Printer types and click on OK.
What Should You Do When You Can’t Print Invoices From QuickBooks?
Stucked with how to print invoices in QuickBooks correctly might be annoying at the peak of your financial workflow. Don’t worry; it is not such complex. We have discussed below the troubleshooting steps when you can’t print invoices from QB, including using the print repair tool, renaming files, and adjusting XPS Document writer permission. Follow these steps to do so:-
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool
You can use the QuickBooks tool hub if QuickBooks invoices are not printing correctly. Follow these steps to do so:-
- Open QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Tap on Program Problems.
- Choose QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool and wait for a while; it may take up to one minute to open.
- Try to print invoices in QuickBooks again.
Read Also: QuickBooks Online Checks Not Printing Correctly
Solution 2- Rename QBPrint.QBP file
Damage in QBPrint.QBP is one reason why we cannot print invoices in QuickBooks. Renaming it can help you fix that damage. Follow these steps in order to do so:-
- Find QBPrint.qbp. File.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx (where 20xx refers to the version of QuickBooks you are using.
- For server 2008 and Server 2012:- go to C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR and C:\Users\**remote user**\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\ YEAR VERSION\TSPrinterSettings.
- Right-click on QBPrint.qbp file and choose Rename.
- Add the word “old” at the end of the file name. Your file name should be QBPrint.qbp.old
- Now run QBD.
- Tap on the File menu and select Printer Setup.
- Choose any transaction in the Form name and click on OK. This step will generate a new QBPrint.qbp file.
Note:- (You are not required to follow similar commands for all the files)
Solution 3- Change security for XPS Document Writer
You cannot print invoices in QuickBooks if the application fails to connect with XPS Document Writer. You need to make changes in your security settings in order to fix these issues:-
- Tap on the Windows Start button.
- Type Devices and printers and press Enter.
- Right-click on printers and select Printers Properties.
- Click on security and select Everyone.
- Checkmark Print in the Allow column and tap on OK.
- Now you need to go to C:\ Windows\ System32\ spool in Windows Explorer.
- Click on Printers and select Properties.
- Tap on Security and click on Add after Edit.
- Type in Local Service and press Enter.
- Ensure that the Local Service option has full control and click on OK.
- Now run QuickBooks and try to generate an invoice.
Read Also: This Is How to Delete Duplicate Transactions in QuickBooks Desktop & Online.
So now we hope that you are well aware of what you should do when you cannot print invoices in QuickBooks. We discussed how issues with your application or printer could cause an invoice printing error and what shall be done in order to fix it. In case you faced any difficulty while following any of the instructions, we will advise you to reach out to our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359 in order to prevent any data loss on the user’s part.
Ans: You need to uncheck the to be printed checkbox on each list; then, choose “Yes” to finish the action.
Ans: Yes, If you are creating multiple forms in QuickBooks Desktop, you can quickly print them all at once.
Ans: Right click on QBPrint.QBP file for your QuickBooks version and select Rename.
Ans: Follow these steps in order to do –
1-Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
2-Tap on program problems.
3-choose QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair file Tool and wait for a minute to open.
4-Print invoices in QuickBooks again.