QuickBooks users can record transactions directly by entering the processed transactions in the chart of accounts. QuickBooks error 3120 arises when users are trying to record the transaction manually. The primary reason for this error is that the account you are trying to use is not mapped properly. A human error made earlier can also be the reason for QuickBooks error code 3120. The error message that appears on your screen is:-
Status code 3120: The specified account is invalid or of the wrong type
Do you not have enough technical knowledge to fix error 3210 in QuickBooks? Just reach out to an Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1.855.738.0359, and they will fix it for you.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 3120
There are three reasons why QuickBooks error code 3120 arises on your system. It includes a technical problem and a human error. They are as follows:-
- The account you are trying to use is not mapped correctly.
- There is a duplicate customer/vendor name present.
- One of the customer/vendor names is damaged.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 3120
You need to run your company file and make sure that the account you are using is mapped correctly. If you have duplicate accounts, merge them. Another way to fix it is by changing the preferences. Let’s look at these solutions in detail:-
Solution 1- Merge Duplicate Customer Names
Error code 3120 in QuickBooks can arise if duplicate customer names are present in either customer or vendor list. You can merge them by following these steps:-
- Go to the Customer/Vendor page and browse through the list.
- Right-click on the name you want to merge and select Edit Customer.
Note:- If you see Job under the customer menu, move your cursor to the Job and a cross will appear. Drag the cross and place it under the new customer name.
- Replace the customer/vendor name, type Type Customer, and press OK.
- Merge window will appear. Click on OK.
- Edit the Customer/Vendor name by entering the original name and click on OK.
- Now rerun QuickBooks Desktop.
Download the sample IIF file to ensure you use the correct format.
Solution 2- Check That The Accounts are Mapped Correctly
Incorrectly mapped accounts are a major reason for QuickBooks error 3120. Follow these steps to check if your accounts are mapped correctly or not:-
- Firstly, run QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and tap on the File tab.
- Then, choose Preferences and click on Company.
- Afterward, select Accounts under Financial.
- Go to the Basic and Advanced menu to check that the account is mapped correctly, and then tap on Save. The account name in ([ ] ) represents that the account is not mapped correctly.
- In the end, make the required changes and run a financial exchange.
So this has been all about QuickBooks error 3120. We hope that it will help you access the accounts and manually record transactions. If you still fail to do so, reach out to an Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1.855.738.0359, and they will help you fix it.