QuickBooks allows its users to send paychecks and manage salary-related information with the help of its payroll service. QuickBooks Desktop payroll has features like scheduling paychecks and automating them to simplify business operations.
Now, as paychecks involve variable figures like taxes and forms, the payroll has to stay up-to-date to incorporate the changes announced by local, state, or federal governments in tax rates and forms. Therefore, Intuit regularly released the tax table updates that you should download before distributing paychecks to the employees. However, sometimes the QuickBooks payroll won’t update owing to some problems in the company file, network connection, or QB application.
This is a serious complication, and you should fix QuickBooks payroll errors before distributing paychecks. Payroll updates not only update the tax table but also make sure that your tax reports are accurate and compliant with government guidelines.
Are you unable to update the QuickBooks Desktop payroll? Contact our QB payroll expert for fast resolution of QuickBooks payroll update errors. Dial +1(855)-738-0359 Now!
Most Common QuickBooks Payroll Update Error
QuickBooks payroll update errors arise due to problems in internet connection, connectivity, firewall, etc. These payroll update errors generally have five-digit codes in the format PSXXX or XXXXX. Here is an overview of the most common payroll-related errors in QuickBooks Desktop.
1. QuickBooks Error PS038:
2. QuickBooks Error PS032 and PS077:
3. QuickBooks Error PS034:
QuickBooks error PS034 occurs when you can’t verify payroll subscriptions. Issues like incorrect permissions or corruption or damage in company files can give way to this payroll error.
4. QuickBooks Error 12031, 12007, 12002, 12009, and 12029:
5. QuickBooks Error 12152:
6. QuickBooks Error 15271:
Error 15271 means that the user cannot install the payroll updates. The error arises due to issues like damaged system files or insufficient permissions and can be fixed by carrying out the proper troubleshooting.
7. QuickBooks Error 15240:
QuickBooks Error 15240 hinders the payroll updates in QuickBooks Desktop. This happens when there is an issue in time or date settings or other discrepancies in the software.
8. QuickBooks Error 15270:
QB error 15270 arises when you try to download or install the payroll update error. Check out the detailed troubleshooting guide to fix the payroll error on our website.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Update Not Working
The reason for the QuickBooks desktop payroll won’t update error include issues in the company file, application or connectivity. Here is a list of most potential causes why QuickBooks payroll won’t update:-
- The QuickBooks application is outdated.
- Your company file is compromised.
- A third party is interfering with QuickBooks processes.
- Your QuickBooks application is damaged.
- You have a poor internet connection.
Troubleshooting Steps If QuickBooks Payroll Update Not Working On Desktop
We have compiled a list of solutions and methods to follow when QuickBooks payroll doesn’t update. These methods include updating your QB Desktop, running the verify and rebuild utility, and opening QuickBooks in safe mode. Moreover, if these methods don’t work, we will discuss how to clean and install the QuickBooks Desktop to fix payroll update errors. Let us look at these steps in detail.
Solution 1 – Update QuickBooks
QuickBooks payroll updates might not work in case you are using an outdated application version. Therefore, you need to update QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent version.
- Close your company file and then your QBD application.
- Press the Windows Start button and search ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ in the search bar.
- Right-click on the QBD icon and select Run as Administrator.
- Now QuickBooks will open in the ‘No Company open’ window and tap on the Help tab.
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Options tab.
- Tap on Mark All and then click on Save.
- Now go to the Update Now menu and tickmark Reset Update box.
- Then click on Get Updates and updates will start downloading.
- Now close the QBD application and then rerun it.
- Tap on Yes when the prompt to install it appears on the screen.
In case the issues still persist, you probably edit or delete the paychecks For complete instructions, read how to fix QuickBooks Error PS038.
Solution 2 – Run Verify and Rebuild Tool
A compromised data file can be a reason for QuickBooks desktop payroll not updating the issue. QuickBooks has an inbuilt Verify and Rebuild utility that can help you fix it. Here is how to run the verify and rebuild tool to fix QuickBooks payroll won’t update error:-
- Tap on the File tab and select Utilities.
- Then click on Verify Data and tap on OK to close all the running windows.
- Now again, go to the File menu and choose Utilities.
- Click on Rebuild Data.
- QBD will ask you to create a backup of your company file; tap on OK.
- Once the rebuild process is done, click Ok.
- Now again, follow the first two steps to run & verify the utility and check if the file is fixed or not.
Solution 3 – Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop in Safe Mode
A third-party application might be interfering with your application, network, or firewall, and that is why QuickBooks payroll not working. Therefore, launch QuickBooks in safe mode and ensure that another application doesn’t interfere with the QB payroll update.
- Create a backup of your company file.
- Download and install a file of your version of the QuickBooks application.
- Note down your QBD product and license information.
- Press Windows+R and the Run window will open up.
- Type in MSConfig and press OK.
- Now go to the General tab and choose Selective Startup and Load System Services.
- Go to the Services menu and select Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Tap on Disable All.
- Untick Hide all Microsoft services boxes and ensure that the Windows Installer box is already tick-marked from the list of services.
- Then click on OK and tap on Restart on the system configuration window.
- Uninstall Quickbooks, then use the clean install tool for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go and install the QuickBooks application through the installer file you downloaded.
- Now press Windows+R and the Run command window will open up.
- Type in MSConfig and click on OK.
- Go to the General tab and choose Normal startup and click on OK.
- Tap on Restart in the System Configuration window.
Solution 4 – Check The Date and Time On the System
QuickBooks payroll is not updating error can occur due to incorrect time and date settings on the system. Here’s how to fix this issue so that the payroll can update to the latest release.
- Go to Settings or search for Time and Data Settings in the start menu.
- Now, click on Change Date and Time
- Edit the time and ensure that it is accurate.
- Do the same for date and save the changes.
- Check the timezone and make sure the right timezone is selected.
- Once done, restart your system and attempt to download payroll update again.
Solution 5 – Install Digital Certificate
If the payroll update doesn’t work, you can fix the problem by installing a digital certificate.
- Open File Explorer
- Go to the Intuit folder in Local Disk C or C Drive.
- Find the QBW32.exe file and right-click on it. Choose properties.
- Now, click on the Digital Certificate option in the menu on the left. Ensure that the Intuit checkbox is marked
- Now, go to the detail tab and select View certificate.
- Choose the install certificate and proceed with the installation process until finished.
- Now, restart your computer and install the payroll update.
We have discussed why QuickBooks payroll won’t update, and the troubleshooting methods to follow to resolve it. Go through these solutions, and if you get stuck in any method or have a query, you can contact our QB ProAdvisors. These professionals have years of expertise in resolving QB-related issues and are there to guide you 24/7. Dial Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline number at (855)-738-0359 now!