Many QB users have reported QuickBooks error 12152 in recent times. It mainly occurs when there is an issue with the Internet connection settings. The software finds it challenging to connect with the servers due to misconfigured internet connection settings. However, several factors may trigger such error code 12152 in QuickBooks. Moreover, to eliminate this issue, you need to make sure that your internet is running properly.
If you’re annoyed by QuickBooks connection error 12152, due to which QB cannot connect to a server. At this point, I advise you to, Contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team to get a professional’s assistance & configure the setting correctly if QuickBooks internet explorer is turned off.
What Is Meant By QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152?
You may end up with QuickBooks Payroll Update error 12152 when there is an issue with the internet connection settings. Thus, the software cannot connect with the servers, so you might face some problems while updating the software. Several factors that trigger QB error 12152. Let’s go ahead and discuss the possible causes.
What Causes QuickBooks Update Error Code 12152?
QuickBooks Update Error Code 12152 can take place due to many reasons. We have mentioned the major ones below:
- It can take place due to misconfigured internet settings.
- You might be using an older version of QuickBooks.
- The QB software is unable to identify the license data.
- There might be some issue with the API keys of Windows.
- Your system might be infected with a virus, Trojan, or malware.
- You may come across some issues during the software installation.
- A corrupt Windows Registry is another reason.
- QuickBooks turned off abruptly due to a power cut or some other reason.
- You might have deleted a crucial company file by fault.
How To Identify QuickBooks Update Error 12152?
The below-mentioned signs make it easier to identify the QuickBooks Update Error 12152.
- You are unable to update the QuickBooks software.
- The computer freezes at regular intervals.
- QuickBooks window crashes now and then.
- An error message appears on your screen when the QuickBooks Update error Code 12152 takes place.
- The system starts responding sluggishly.
Top 5 Proven Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Error 12152
if you are wondering how to resolve QB desktop error 12152. Below we have mentioned some of the most effective methods that can help you fix error QuickBooks error 12152 in your QB desktop. You must try all of them one by one:
1 Method: Check & Verify the Date & Time of your system
You should verify the date and time of your system to resolve payroll update error code 12152. For that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, ensure that the date and time on your system are correct.
- If not, then go to the bottom right of your system.
- Put the cursor on time and right-click on it.
- Now, you can click on Change date and time.
- After that, restart QuickBooks and Check if the error has got resolved or not.
If you are Windows 10 user, then follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, navigate to Settings and click on Time & language.
- After that, go to the Date & time page.
- For setting the current time, click on the option Set time automatically.
- Make sure that you have chosen the correct time zone in the Time zone section. If you haven’t, then choose the correct one from the drop-down box.
- If the daylight saving time applies to your time zone, then enable the “Adjust for daylight saving time automatically” option.
2 Method: Check Your Internet settings
As the main reason for this error is an unstable or broken internet connection so you must check your internet settings to verify if the internet is working properly. Follow our step-by-step guide to verify internet connectivity as described in Step 1 of the article How to Rectify QuickBooks Error 404- Page Not Found Error.
3 Method: Restore your Computer system
Restoring the PC may be another method that you may try to resolve such issue. Follow the below-given steps:
- Restart your PC in the first place.
- Now, Login into the system using Windows admin credentials.
- After that, click on the Start menu.
- Type System Restore in the search field.
- Further, search for the option “Restore computer to a previous time and date”.
- Then, select that option and go to the Next icon and click on it.
- Go for the latest one from the list of restore points.
- Confirm your choice once again and click on Next.
- Wait till the restoration process completes. After that, you need to reboot your PC.
4 Method: Uninstall & Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
If none of the above methods work, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks desktop. Follow the below-mentioned steps to uninstall & reinstall the QB:
- Uninstall the QuickBooks program in the first place.
- After that, you have to download QuickBooks.
- Now, Install the QuickBooks software by following the below steps:
- Open the folder in which you have downloaded all your files and search for the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Double click on the required file and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click on Next after reading the software license agreement.
- Now, you have to enter the Product key and License number as per your purchase of the software. Then, click on Next.
- After that, click on the Scan option.
- It will display some of the errors that have taken place.
- At last, choose the Repair all option.
5 Method: Use the Registry Editor to Change Backup File Extension
You must ask an expert to make changes in the Windows Registry. It’s because your computer might stop working if anything goes wrong while making changes in the registry, so better to back up the registry file earlier.
- Go to the Start menu in the first place.
- In the search bar, type in the command.
- Simultaneously press CTRL and Shift keys and press the Enter key.
- After that, the User Account dialogue box will appear on the screen.
- Now, click on Yes.
- Once done, a block box with a blinking cursor will appear on your screen.
- There, you have to type the word “regedit” and press the Enter key.
- Then, select the key related to QuickBooks error 12152 in the registry editors like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Afterward, click on the Export option in the File menu.
- Moving ahead, store the Google Chrome or IE backup key in a folder.
- You have to name your folder and make sure to select the required branch.
- Click on Save and check if your file is saved as a .reg file.
Need Professional Assistance To Resolve Error 12152 In QuickBooks!
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog will have helped you eliminate QuickBooks error 12152 without any hassle. If you have tried the above methods and none of them worked in your favor. Then, you must take the assistance of our experts by placing a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number. Our experts are available 24X7 at your service.