The payroll and QB version updates comprise one of the most important regular updates rolled out by Intuit for QuickBooks Desktop. The QB Desktop users are required to download and install the latest updates to experience fast, secure, and cutting-edge accounting and bookkeeping. However, sometimes when QB users attempt to update the software or payroll, they encounter QuickBooks error 12009.
The QuickBooks Desktop error 12009 is caused by a plethora of factors that inhibit the connection between QuickBooks Desktop and Intuit server. To fix the issue, we must conduct a series of troubleshooting steps to check the connectivity and internet settings and ensure no third-party app or service is blocking the access.
In this blog, we will discuss how to resolve QuickBooks Desktop update error 12009. However, the troubleshooting process can be time-consuming and overwhelming. We recommend you connect with QB Proadvisors at +1.855.738.0359 and let them fix the error 12009 in QuickBooks for you.
What is QuickBooks Desktop error 12009?
QuickBooks desktop error 12009 is a technical issue when you try to update your QuickBooks Desktop or payroll service. Often, the error is generated in the form of a network timeout that interrupts the connection of QuickBooks Desktop to the Intuit server. Consequently, QB cannot reach the internet or the Intuit server and fails to download the updates.
List of 12XXX series error codes
|Error 12002||Error 12001|
|Error Code 12009||Error Code 12007|
|Error 12029||Error 12006|
|Error Code 12164||Error Code 12031|
|Error 12008||Error 12052|
|Error Code 12057||Error Code 12152|
|Error 12157||Error 12165|
|Error Code 12166||Error Code 12173|
Let us see the multiple reasons that can lead to QuickBooks error 12009.
What Causes QuickBooks error code 12009 during an update?
QuickBooks error code 12009 results from non-communication between the Intuit server and QB Desktop. This can result from incorrect SSL settings, outdated QuickBooks, firewall issues, etc. Here is a list of the common reasons that cause QuickBooks Desktop updates error 12009.
- Network Connection
If QuickBooks Desktop experiences an unstable connection due to issues in the internet, this can lead to errors. Therefore, to resolve error 12009 in QuickBooks, ensure you have a stable network connection.
- SSL Settings
If the SSL settings on your Windows or computer are wrong, QuickBooks cannot hold a stable and secure connection with the Intuit server. This can lead to QuickBooks error 12009 during an update.
- Firewall Settings
The firewall settings on Windows control the access of apps and programs access to the internet. Therefore, if the firewall settings on your computer are set wrong, QuickBooks Desktop cannot connect to the server giving way to QuickBooks error code 12009.
- Software Version
The regular updates introduce new features and also fix common issues that users face. If you don’t update QuickBooks Desktop or Windows for long, this can lead to incompatibility issues and technical errors.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 12009?
QuickBooks Desktop update error 12009 can be resolved by a set of troubleshooting steps. Follow the steps below to successfully eliminate the software version or payroll update error in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check Internet Connectivity and Settings
- Start with checking that your internet connection is fine and you can open other websites. The internet connection should be fast and stable.
- Now ensure that Internet Explorer is the default browser, as QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer to download updates. Download TLS 1.2 Utility, and run it on your system.
- Moreover, also check if you can access other secure websites apart from QuickBooks. For example, you can log into your bank account or financial institution.
- Check Internet Explorer Settings
- Close all the windows of QuickBooks Desktop and press the Windows and R keys together to open the Run window.
- In the input box, enter INETCPL.CPL followed by OK.
- Now, navigate to the security tab and spot the Internet icon. Verify that the set security level of this zone is between medium to high.
- Head to the connections tab now, and select Never Dial a Connection if you do not use Dial UP Node. Confirm the right ISP and select OK.
- Click on the LAN settings to check if the box for Automatically detectable settings is marked checked.
- However, the box for Using a proxy server of the LAN option should not be marked or checked. If it is selected, you need to fill in the respective address and port.
- If the port here is 80, deselect the box. If the port has a figure that is not 80 but something else, do not uncheck the box.
- Once done, click OK.
- Furthermore, on the Advanced tab, click on Restore Advanced Settings. Under the settings section, find Use TLS 1.2 and ensure it is selected. Sometimes, these options are not available in some Internet Explorer versions.
- Click on OK and exit Internet Explorer.
Now, restart your computer, open QuickBooks Desktop, and attempt to update the software or payroll.
- Verify Security Settings
If network connectivity, internet settings, and browser aren’t the reason for QuickBooks error code 12009, a third-party application or software can cause the issue. Therefore, we need to check if another software or program is causing the error.
- Now, configure Windows Firewall settings for QuickBooks tax table, payroll, desktop updates, etc.
- Moreover, add QuickBooks programs to Windows Firewall port exceptions.
- Remember to restart your computer and attempt to download the QuickBooks update again.
- If the QuickBooks Desktop updates error 12009 persists, open Windows in safe mode with networking and download the update again.
- Reset QuickBooks Updates
If the QuickBooks error 12009 keeps appearing, you should seek to reset the updates. Ensure that you are using single-user mode during this. Now, after resetting the QuickBooks update, try to download and install the updates again.
If QuickBooks Desktop updates error 12009 doesn’t resolve, move on to the following solution method.
- Reinstall QuickBooks In Selective Startup
If you cannot download updates for the QuickBooks version or payroll due to error 12009 after trying all the solutions above, you should reinstall QuickBooks in selective startup.
Before you proceed with this step, however, you need to:
- Make a backup of your company file
- Keep a copy of your QuickBooks info, like product and license info.
How to Switch to Selective Startup?
We perform selective startups to ensure that no applications interrupt QuickBooks Desktop. You can talk to your computer manufacturer or a Windows expert.
Follow these steps below to switch to selective startup:
- Close all the open windows and programs on the Windows
- Now, press the Windows and R keys together to launch the Run window.
- Input msconfig and hit enter.
- Now, click on the General tab, and choose selective startup and load system services.
- Open the services tab and click on Hide all Microsoft services
- Choose Disable All.
- Uncheck the box for Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Choose Windows Installer in the options.
- Enter Ok and then choose Restart.
How to Uninstall and Install QuickBooks Desktop?
- Uninstall and install QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, press the Windows and R keys together and open the Run command.
- Enter msconfig in the textbox, and choose Ok.
- Now, open the General tab and choose Normal Startup.
- The system configuration window will open and click on Restart.
After the system restarts, open QuickBooks Desktop and update the software or payroll version. If the software or QuickBooks payroll update error 12009 appears, you should talk to a QB ProAdvisor about it.
Talk To An Expert
The above methods should fix the QuickBooks error 12009 when you attempt to update the Desktop application or payroll. However, sometimes when the issue is hard to resolve, you must consult a technical expert. Contact our QB Proadvisors at +1.855.738.0359, and they will help you fix the update error and get your QuickBooks Desktop working smoothly today!
Frequently Asked Questions On QuickBooks Deskt0p Update Error
Q- What is error 12029 in QuickBooks support update?
Ans– Error 12029 in QuickBooks support update occurs when there is an issue with the update or payroll. QuickBooks sometimes fails to connect to the internet or Intuit server due to problems in security settings, Windows firewall, configuration, etc. This gives way to the update error 12029 in QuickBooks Desktop.
Q- How do I fix a QuickBooks error?
Ans- To diagnose and fix a QuickBooks Desktop error, you must start by analyzing the error code or the type of error. QuickBooks application encounters different categories of errors, namely multi-user mode issues, company file issues, payroll update issues, etc. Observing these symptoms can help you identify the error code. Search the internet for the troubleshooting methods or contact QB Proadvisors at the Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline number to fix the QuickBooks errors immediately!
Q- How can I fix error code 12029 in QuickBooks?
Ans- To fix the QB error 12029, ensure proper internet connectivity. Moreover, check the security certificate for QuickBooks, and install the QuickBooks security certificate if required. If that doesn’t resolve the QuickBooks desktop updates error 12029, you can attempt to update QuickBooks in Windows safe mode. Another thing you can try is reconfiguring QuickBooks payroll and retrying the updates.