QuickBooks users can directly release payroll for their employees through the application itself. It helps register all the transactions in one place and prevent future discrepancies. Sometimes they may not be able to use this feature because of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034. This error generally arises when updating QuickBooks payroll or downloading payroll updates. When you run into this error for the first time, try rebooting your system. If it does not work, jump onto the troubleshooting methods.
QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS034 During Download or Install QB Tax Table Update? Contact experts at our toll-free number +1(855)-738-0359 for immediate professional assistance
Reasons for QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034
There are 5 major reasons for QuickBooks Payroll error code PS034. It involves technical problems such as poor internet connection or damage in the installation file. The complete list of reasons is as follow:-
- The installation files either got corrupted or damaged.
- The internet connection on the user system is poor.
- The billing information entered is invalid.
- The payroll update download was interrupted.
- User payroll is not registered.
You May Also See: Learn To Fix QuickBooks Error PS038 If Paycheck Not Working
Steps to Follow Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034
It is advised to do a few things before jumping onto the troubleshooting process for QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034. These steps will help you ensure that the troubleshooting process is done smoothly and is effective:-
- Ensure that the information added to your account is correct and up to date.
- Download the updated payroll tax table on your system
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034
There are 3 major ways to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034, which involve changing the name of QuickBooks CPS folder, removing a duplicate QB application present on your system, and changing the User Account Control settings. Let’s look at these solutions in detail:-
Solution 1- Renaming QuickBooks CPS Folder
QuickBooks CPS folder is crucial for payroll updates. Damage in this folder can be a reason for QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034. You can simply rename the damaged folder and your system will create a fresh QuickBooks CPS Folder. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop application running on your system and go to your desktop.
- Press Windows + E on your system, and the file explorer window will open up.
- Now follow this path to go to the CPS folder:- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\Components\Payroll\CPS.
- Now right-click on the CPS folder and select Rename.
- Add OLD at the end of the folder name so that the new folder name is CPSOLD and press Enter.
- Now rerun QuickBooks Desktop, and a new CPS folder will be created.
Solution 2- Uninstall Duplicate copy of QuickBooks
Having multiple copies of QuickBooks on your system can possibly cause QuickBooks error PS034. You need to uninstall the extra copies of the QB application from your system. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Press the Windows Start button and click on the Control Panel. Press the Windows Start button and click on the Control Panel.
- Select Programs and features and tap on Uninstall a Program.
- Look for QB versions that are identical to yours and select it.
Note:- You can have one version for every year.
- Now click on Uninstall/Change and follow the onscreen steps to complete the uninstall process.
Solutions 3- Change your User Account Control Settings
User Account Control (UAC) is supposed to protect your device from internet threats. Sometimes they block the access of QB operations, thus leading to QuickBooks Enterprise Error PS034. These are the steps you need to follow in order to make UAC suitable for QB processes:-
- Press the Windows Start button and select the Control Panel.
- Now select the User Accounts option and click on User Accounts (Classic View).
- Click on Change user account control settings and tap on Yes to confirm.
- Move your slider to Never Notify and tap on OK to turn UAC OFF.
- Now click on the Yes button and restart your system.
So this has been all about QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034. The User Account Control can hinder other QB processes too. Ensure that you have a strong internet connection when downloading payroll updates. If you are still left with any doubt, reach out to an expert at +1(855)-738-0359 and they will fix it for you.
Related Posts –