Payroll is one of the preferred features of the QuickBooks application that helps businesses to file payroll taxes, handle employee benefits, etc. Wondering why? It saves both your time and efforts that you would otherwise invest in manually calculating, filing, and paying federal and state payroll taxes. However, to keep the features updated, Intuit launches regular updates for the QuickBooks Payroll. This is so that you can experience the smooth functioning of the Payroll feature. But, at times, while downloading the payroll updates, users might end up with PS033 QuickBooks Error. Whenever the error occurs, it displays an error message indicating:
“QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. [Error PS033]”.
You might come across the error when there is damage in the CPS folder or file. However, there are numerous other reasons as well that might trigger QuickBooks error code PS033 are explained in the further section of the blog.
If you are a newbie or non-technical & wondering how to get rid of QuickBooks Desktop Error PS033? Hence, you must perform any solution under the guidance of an expert to not put yourself in trouble again. You can consult with our experts at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1 855-738-0359 round the clock in the best possible way with PS033 QuickBooks error.
Why Do You Come Across QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033?
QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033 might take place when you try to open the company file and fail to do so. There are several other reasons that might give rise to the error, some of them are listed below:
- It might occur when the User Account Control settings are enabled.
- Another reason may be an outdated version of the Desktop application.
- Sometimes, it might evoke due to damage in the QB company file.
What Should You Do To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033?
These Update Errors might ruin your day-to-day activities, including payroll. Hence, it is essential to resolve it before getting other technical glitches while running your software. To troubleshoot this error PS033, you may give a trial to the following methods:
Method 1: Download the Latest Payroll Tax Table
- Initially, click the Employee’s option and then select the Get Payroll Updates option.
- Moving further, choose the Download entire payroll update.
- Then, click the Update option to download the newly launched payroll tax table.
Method 2: Rename the QuickBooks CPS Folder
At times, you might end up with QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error PS033 when there is damage in the CPS folder. Therefore, to fix the issue, you have to rename the QB CPS Folder by following the steps listed below:
- Firstly, move to the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS. (Note: Here, nn represents the version number of QuickBooks like QuickBooks 2017 or 2018).
- Then, rename the QuickBooks CPS Folder to CPSOLD.
- Open the QuickBooks and then try to update the QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table.
Method 3: Disable User Account Control
The main purpose of User Account Control is to ensure that your system remains safe from unauthorized access that might make changes to your OS. But at times, it might be possible that UAC interrupts you to download the latest updates. So, in that case, you need to turn off the UAC settings to download the updates easily. Once you have downloaded the updates successfully, don’t forget to turn on the UAC settings.
Method 4: Restart and Troubleshoot in Safe Mode
- At first, you have to run a Verify and Rebuild Data in QB Desktop application. To do so follow the steps listed below:
- Select the Windows menu and then click Close All.
- Go to the File > Utilities. Further, select Verify Data or Rebuild Data option depending upon the issue that you want to resolve. After clicking on any of these, the following messages appear on your screen:
- “QuickBooks detected no problem with the data” and thus no further action is required.
- If you see a specific error message, there may already be an article for it. You must look for it on the QuickBooks Desktop support site to avail specific instructions.
- “Your data has lost integrity,” signifies that there is some data damage in the file. Therefore, to resolve the error, proceed to the steps listed below to Rebuild Data.
- Then, ensure that you have updated QB Desktop as per the most recently launched release.
- After this, restart in safe mode and then you need to update the QB payroll tax table according to the latest release.
- Reboot your computer and check whether the QuickBooks Error PS033 still persists.
Get Professional Help!
We hope that the above-listed troubleshooting methods will help you to deal with QuickBooks Error PS033. But if you are a beginner or non-technical to QuickBooks and still face the issue? Here we suggest you resolve the error in the presence of an Asquare Cloud Hosting expert +1 855-738-0359 to avoid another issue. Our experts are available round the clock to serve you with the best possible assistance within the least time possible.