While using QuickBooks for many months, you may often come across several software display issues in the desktop version of QuickBooks. One of them is QuickBooks black and white screen on Windows. Due to this some of the QuickBooks desktop fields begin to appear black in place of white. Other measures such as gray screen in QuickBooks, missing icons, gray lines in QuickBooks invoices, etc., can help you identify this issue. It may take place due to a corrupt system, and thus, you may end up losing your crucial company data. However, several other reasons can trigger the QuickBooks screen goes black and white issue. Let’s go ahead and explore the possible causes why QuickBooks turned black and white in the next section.
Wondering why my QuickBooks screen went black and white? Give us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1.855.738.0359 and ask all your queries like why did my QuickBooks turn black and white and why does my QuickBooks screen go black from our experts. We will help you with all the possible assistance.
Why Does My QuickBooks Screen Turn Black And White?
Are you clueless about why your QuickBooks screen turns black and white? It mainly occurs when you use the QB desktop for a long time. As a result, some of its fields start to display QuickBooks gray screen. Issues with the QB program or the computer system is another reason. However, several other factors can trigger QuickBooks turned black and white issue. Below we have covered all such possible causes of QuickBooks Black And White Screen issue:
- Outdated video drivers aren’t compatible with QB, and thus the error takes place.
- The screen resolution is not set correctly.
- Outdated QuickBooks application.
- The issue QuickBooks desktop is black and white appears when any QB update fails to install correctly.
- Screen resolution not adequately optimized as per the requirements.
- Damaged firmware, graphics card, or system’s memory can also cause the error.
After getting aware of the various reasons that trigger the issue QuickBooks screen is black and white, you must proceed with the troubleshooting solutions mentioned below.
Top 6 Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Screen Goes Black And White Issue?
Below we have mentioned some of the effective resolution methods that can help you fix the QB black and white screen issue. So carefully read the entire step by step instructions in the blog and fix the error: QuickBooks screen black and white-
Method 1: Run Quick Fix my Program tool to fix QuickBooks black and white screen issue
If the QuickBooks background turns black due to the corrupt company file or directory issue, then you can download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub by following the below-given steps.
Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Firstly, close QuickBooks.
- Then, download the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub file version (184.108.40.206) from Here and save it in a preferred location.
Note: If you have installed QB Tool Hub before, then find out the version that you are currently using. For that, go on Home, and the version will display on the bottom right.
- Now, open the downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Complete the installation by following the instructions displayed on your screen and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the installation, double-click the icon on your desktop and open the QuickBooks Tool program.
Note: If you are unable to find the icon, then search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program.
Run Quick Fix my Program
- Click on Program Problems after opening QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Now, select Quick Fix my Program to resolve the QuickBooks black and white screen issue.
Wait till the time tool runs and detects the QuickBooks background turns black issue. If the QuickBooks background turns black issue is occurring due to the file corruption or directory issue, the tool will fix it independently. But even after QuickBooks Desktop is displayed in black instead of white. Move to the next step to update the video card driver ahead.
Method 2: Update The Video Card Drivers
You may end up with the QB black screen issue due to outdated video drivers as they aren’t compatible with the latest version of QuickBooks. Therefore, you may follow the below-given steps to update video card drivers:
- Open the Run Command Window by pressing Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Type dxdiag in the text box and press the Enter key.
- Now, select Display 1 and note down its Manufacturer/Model.
- At last, download all the required updates.
If the QuickBooks black and white screen issue persists, you must change the Windows theme to Basic.
Method 3: Change The Windows theme to Basic
Whenever you install some of the downloaded themes on your system, it might change your display’s compatibility with other applications. Thus, you can fix the QB black and white screen issue by changing the theme to basic.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select Personalize option.
- Now, select one of the Windows Basic Themes and restart your computer.
- Lastly, you need to open QuickBooks and make sure to eliminate the QuickBooks black screen error.
Method 4: Edit the QBW.ini file to remove QuickBooks black boxes
It might be possible that QuickBooks black boxes to QuickBooks black screen issue may persist even after trying the above methods. In that case, you must edit the QBW.ini file by following the below steps:
- Close QuickBooks and click on the Windows icon.
- Further, enter the correct path for the ini file in the search text bar. Given below is the file location for you to copy and paste:
|QuickBooks 2021||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2021\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 21.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 21.0\QBW.ini|
|QuickBooks 2020||C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks 2020\ QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 20.0||C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20.0\ QBW.ini|
|QuickBooks 2019||C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks 2019\ QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 19.0||C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 19.0\ QBW.ini|
|QuickBooks 2018||C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks 2018\ QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 18. 0||C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0\ QBW.ini|
|QuickBooks 2017||C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks 2017\ QBW.ini|
|Enterprise Solutions 17.0||C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 17.0\ QBW.ini|
- Copy and paste the text [COLORS] Classic=0 at the end of the file.
- At last, save the QBW.ini file and open QuickBooks.
Method 5: Change the screen resolution
If nothing works, then you must try to correct the display settings. For that, you have to change the screen resolution by following the below-listed steps:
- Click on the Start icon and type regedit in the search bar to open the regedit window.
- Now, click on the arrow icon available on the left side of the folder to go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
- After that, you have to increase the value of GDIProcessHandleQuota from 10000 to 65535.
- Once increased, close the Registry Editor first.
- Now, reboot the system.
- Switch the value back to 10000 once the QuickBooks black boxes have been removed.
If still, even following the above methods still you get QuickBooks display issues, Follow the next method.
Method 6: Re-register the QuickBooks Program file
- Firstly, open the folder in which you have saved the QuickBooks Company file. Then, right-click on the bat files and select the Run as Administrator option.
- Ensure that the Bat files are running with Windows Administrator rights.
- A command window will appear where the file path will be scrolling. The Window will close once the bat file utility completes.
>Further, follow the below-given steps to end the QBW32.exe process from the task manager:
- Click on the Windows icon and type “taskmgr” in the search bar to open the Task Manager.
- Now, go to the Processes menu and search for the QuickBooks (32 bit) or QBW32.exe process.
- Right-click each process and select the End Process option.
If the above process doesn’t appear in the Processes tab, it means that your program is already closed.
Need Help To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Fields Display Black Instead Of White issues !
We have tried our best to provide all the possible troubleshooting solutions in this blog if your QuickBooks Desktop turning black. However, if even after trying the above-listed methods, you are still stuck with the QuickBooks black and white screen issue. Then, you must get in touch with our experts by placing a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1.855.738.0359. They will assist you instantly.
Related Search Terms
QuickBooks 2016 black and white screen, black bars in QuickBooks, Displayed black lines issues, QuickBooks desktop screen turned black and white, why does QuickBooks turn black and white, QuickBooks blank home screen