QuickBooks Online requires certain Windows components like ActiveX, Java, .Net Framework and Flash player for its functionality. A slight damage in any of these components not only affects QuickBooks Online but impacts the performance of QuickBooks Desktop and Online Service Center as well. However, while trying to import bank transactions into QBO you might end up with QuickBooks Online error code 101. It can occur when Windows fails to execute the command that is required to run web-based applications. At this time, an error message appears on your screen stating:
“We are fixing our connection to this bank as quickly as possible. Try connecting again tomorrow.”
However, you can resolve the QuickBooks Online Banking Error 101 whenever it flashes on your screen. But, when the other message:
“Looks like the connection to the bank – Business Online Banking isn’t available right now. Try again in a few hours. (101)”
It indicates malfunctions in the banking server and you might need to wait until the problem is resolved from the bank’s end. Error code 101 in QuickBooks being a scripting error can put all your business work at a halt, thus you need to resolve it at the earliest. Before you begin doing so, you must get aware of the possible causes that trigger the bank error 101. To help you with that, we have covered all such reasons in the next section of this blog.
Are you keep getting error 101 in QuickBooks while connecting to a bank account? Well, if that’s the situation, we would suggest you get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at 855-738-0359 to fix error code 101 instantly
Table of Contents
What Brings Forth QuickBooks Banking Connection Error 101?
Apart from faults in the Windows configuration, there are several other reasons as well that bring forth QuickBooks Online Error Code 101. Below we have listed all such possible causes:
- Windows failure to run Flash, Java, .Net Framework, and ActiveX can result in QuickBooks Error 101.
- Mis-configured internet explorer settings can restrict QuickBooks from connecting with the internet.
- Outdated or blocked Windows components like Microsoft .Net Framework and ActiveX Controls hampers the display function in QuickBooks Online that further results in QuickBooks Bank Feed Error 101.
- Another reason behind QuickBooks Online Error Code 101 is disabled Script Debugging.
How To Fix QuickBooks Banking error 101?
While importing your bank transactions into the QuickBooks application, you might end up with the QuickBooks Online Error Code 101 that in turn keeps your work at halt for a day. And then, after 24 hours you have to check for the error status. Well, it doesn’t guarantee to fix your issue. Thus, in that case you can follow the below-mentioned resolution methods to eliminate QuickBooks error code 101:
Method 1: Reconfigure Internet Explorer to make it function with QuickBooks Online
To make Internet Explorer compatible with the Online version of your QuickBooks application, you need to reconfigure a few settings. For that, below, we have listed troubleshooting solutions of QuickBooks desktop error code 101, that can help you do so:
Solution 1: Make Sure To Add Intuit as a Trusted Website
- Open Internet Explorer in the first place.
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to the Security tab and click on Trusted Sites followed by Sites.
- Now, type https://*.intuit.com in the add website field. Click on Add and follow the same steps to add https://*.QuickBooks.com. Then, click on Close.
- Search for the Miscellaneous option under the Custom Level section.
- Enable the Allow Cross-Domain Requests option and click OK.
- Further, click on Apply followed by OK.
- Open the Internet Explorer once again and try to update the transaction again in QuickBooks Online.
Solution 2: Reset Internet Explorer’s Pop up Settings
- Go to the Privacy tab and select the Advanced option.
- Then, mark the Override Automatic Cookie Handling checkbox.
- Further, you need to make sure to accept First Party and Third Party Cookies in the browser settings.
- After that, mark the Always Allow Session Cookies checkbox.
- Lastly, click on OK to save the changes.
Solution 3: Enable ActiveX Controls
- Firstly, go to the Security tab and select the Internet option followed by Custom Level.
- Scroll down to ActiveX Controls and Plugins under the Internet Zone window.
- Make sure to enable the Download Signed ActiveX controls, Binary and Script Behaviors, Script ActiveX Controls Marked Safe for Scripting and Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins options.
- Once enabled, click on OK and close the Internet Explorer.
- Lastly, try to connect your bank account once again with QuickBooks.
If you are still getting QuickBooks Online Error Code 101, then follow the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 4: Enable TLS 1.2 and Change Encrypted Pages Settings
- Firstly, go to the Advanced tab and make sure to mark Use TLS 1.2 checkbox.
- Now, search for Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk and unmark this checkbox.
- At last, click on Apply followed by OK.
Method 2: Update .Net Framework, Java, and Adobe Flash Player on Windows
- Download and install the latest release from the Java Download Center.
- Moreover, you may download the Latest Updates of Flash Player by clicking here.
- In case you are looking for the latest updates of .Net (Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5), then you can download from here.
Method 3: Update Bank Transactions Manually in QBO
There might be a possibility that none of the above-listed solutions may work in your favor. The reason behind it can be any. In such a scenario, you need to import your bank transactions manually in the online version of the QuickBooks application to rectify QuickBooks Online Error Code 101. For doing so, you may follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, you have to open the QuickBooks Online application and then go to the Banking section.
- From the dashboard, click on Banking.
- Then, click on update and try to move your online banking transactions to QuickBooks Online.
Method 4: Make sure to have a stable Internet Connection
Follow the below-given steps to make sure you have a stable internet connection:
- Open Internet Explorer and search for a safe website. (www.google.com)
- If you are not able to connect, it means that you can fix the connectivity issue.
If the QuickBooks Online Error Code 101 continues, then try the next solution.
Method 5: Change your Internet Connection Settings
In order to connect QB with your bank server, that you require to import the transactions, you have to modify your Internet settings by following the below-given steps:
- Open the QuickBooks application and go to the Help menu.
- From there, click on the Use my Computer’s Internet Connection Settings option followed by Next.
- Further, click on Finish to apply the changes that you have made.
- Lastly, try to update the bank feeds and look for the status of QuickBooks Online Error Code 101.
Need Help To Resolve QuickBooks Online Banking Error Code 101!
We have listed all the possible effective troubleshooting methods that can help you eliminate QuickBooks Online error code 101 without any hassle. However, if none of the mentioned solutions work for you due to any reason, then we would suggest you get in touch with our experts without wasting much time. Contact our team by placing a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number 855-738-0359. We are just a call away from you!