At times, while opening the QuickBooks application, you may come across QuickBooks Error 7149. You might be thinking why it happened. Well, it is a runtime error that takes place either due to data damage in the program files or some registry issue. When it takes place, an error message appears on your screen stating:
“Error 7149: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
The system repeatedly crashes whenever you try to close and reopen the QuickBooks application due to the occurrence of error code 7149 in QuickBooks. However, there are several other reasons as well. We have discussed all such reasons later in this article.
Are you looking for expert assistance to resolve QB error code 7149? If yes, then you must get in touch with our support team by dialing our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1(855)-738-0359.
Main Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code 7149
As discussed, QuickBooks Error 7149 can take place due to numerous reasons of which we have discussed the major ones below:
- Partial or corrupt installation of the QuickBooks application.
- Windows registry might have got corrupted due to slight changes such as installation or uninstallation.
- Your company files might have been damaged due to malware or virus attacks.
- A third-party application might have accidentally deleted your crucial QuickBooks data.
- Antivirus software might be interfering with the functionality of your QuickBooks application.
After knowing the reasons, users also ask how they can detect the QuickBooks Error Code 7149. Follow the below section, and it can help you out.
How To Identify QuickBooks Runtime Error 7149?
Certain situations can evoke QuickBooks enterprise error 7149. However, you can identify it by following the below-mentioned identifying measures:
- When the error takes place, an error message appears on your screen.
- An active program window crashes.
- Windows starts to run sluggish.
- Your software freezes at regular intervals.
By the above-given points, you can easily detect the Error Code7149: QuickBooks. Now we will provide the perfect solution to fix this error.
Troubleshooting Steps To Resolve QuickBooks Runtime Error Code 7149
Imply the resolution methods mentioned below to avoid any of the above-listed situations. It will surely help you fix the QB Error 7149 to get the application run smoothly:
Solution 1: Repair or Reinstall QuickBooks
- Click on the Windows icon and go to the Control Panel of your computer. From there, click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Now, search for the QuickBooks option. When found, right-click on it and select the repair option.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen to complete the repair process.
- After that, click on the Uninstall tab to uninstall QuickBooks and then again reinstall it.
- At last, restart your system and open the QuickBooks application.
Aren’t you able to fix QuickBooks Runtime Error Code 7149 by following the above method? Don’t worry! Follow the next solution and fix QB error 7149.
Solution 2: Fix the Windows Registry Key
If you are somebody with less or no technical knowledge, we won’t recommend you perform the steps required to fix the QuickBooks Windows registry. It can cause damage to your company data. Thus, you must take expert assistance to resolve Error 7149. Besides, we would suggest you download the registry cleaner software.
Solution 3: Remove Malware
As discussed, you might end up with QuickBooks Error 7149 due to malware issues. Thus, you must run a complete scan of your computer with the help of your antivirus software. If the antivirus detects any potential threat or malware, it will remove all the viruses immediately. Once removed, restart your computer and try to run QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Disable the Antivirus software for some time
If you find out that your antivirus is hampering the QuickBooks functionality, then you need to disable it for some time by following the below-given steps:
- Search for the icon of the antivirus software in the taskbar.
- Right-click on the icon and select disable option.
- After that, try to open the QuickBooks application in safe mode and then update it.
Need Help To Resolve!
Fixing the QuickBooks error 7149 won’t be much of a hassle by following the troubleshooting methods listed above. However, it might be possible that none of the solutions would have worked in your favor due to any reason. In such a situation, we would suggest you take the assistance of our experts by placing a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1(855)-738-0359 Our support team is available 24X7 to help you out.