QuickBooks is an impeccable software to track expenses and process business invoices and payouts. However, QuickBooks Delivery Server Error while sending an invoice hampers the process and prevents the users from submitting forms. Luckily, there are a couple of methods to fix the issue.
This article will discuss the causes of QuickBooks Delivery server down errors and how to troubleshoot them.
If you are facing errors while sending an invoice or time-sensitive documents, allow an expert to take care of it. Contact our team and let an experienced professional resolve QuickBooks errors for you
QuickBooks Delivery Error: Delivery Server Down
Delivery Server Error is a technical issue when QuickBooks Online is not able to send invoices or other forms. QuickBooks Delivery error can be annoying and delay important business transactions and campaigns.
Reasons For Quickbooks Delivery Server Down Error
To troubleshoot and resolve the delivery server error, it is important first to understand what causes it. Here are some key reasons why are invoices not sending in QuickBooks online.
- Due to discrepancies in company email, customer-facing email fields, or technical glitches in them
- Due to incorrect format used for company email or incorrect location tracking information
- Due to the attachments in invoices or sales when sending out emails to customers
- Due to issues in how you set up the company email address in QuickBooks Online
- Due to an unstable network or slow internet connection
- QuickBooks Delivery Server error can also occur if QuickBooks Online has blocked you from sending emails for security reasons or spam filters
How To Fix Quickbooks Online Delivery Server Down Error?
Owing to the multiple reasons that could give way to the Delivery server error in QB, there are several steps to fix it. Therefore, follow these steps one by one and carry out the resolutions one by one.
1. Verify Your Email Address Format
First, check your company email and all customer-facing email fields and ensure they are complete. To verify the email address format, and check if they don’t have prefixes, follow the steps below.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Account and Settings, and Click on Company.
- Navigate to Contact info and verify both company and customer-facing emails. Here’s an example to showcase the correct email format in QuickBooks Online.
If you spot an error in your company email or customer-facing email, correcting it might help you to the QB Delivery server down error.
2. Verify Locations’ Email Addresses
The users who use location tracking need to verify the email address format they use on the sales form. Follow these steps to check your location’s email address and resolve the Delivery Server error in QuickBooks. However, if you don’t use location tracking, you can move on to the next step.
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to All lists and then Locations.
- Know the location you use on the invoice.
- Open the dropdown menu in the Action column and select Edit.
- Check the field “This location has a different email address for communicating with customers”
- In the above field, verify your email address and make any changes required.
- Save and now try to resend the sales form.
If the QuickBooks Delivery server down error persists, move on to Step 3.
3. Verify The Email Settings In QuickBooks
The issues in email addresses and other details can give way to QuickBooks Delivery server error. Therefore, verify the email settings and other details in QuickBooks Online.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Account and Settings and then Company.
- Open the Communications tab, and select Edit in the Email column.
- Fill in your email address, password, and verify other details.
- Once done, select Save and Done.
Now, check if the Quickbooks server down issue is resolved or not.
4. Verify The Invoice Format
If you are facing the QuickBooks Delivery server down error, chances are that there are mistakes in your invoice format. The invoice should not have special characters like (! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ – = + : “) in info like
- Attachment name
- Custom form templates
- Email address
Therefore, check your invoice and ensure that the above columns don’t have special characters like (! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ – = + : “). This should resolve QuickBooks invoice issues in QB Online.
5. Verify The Print And PDF Settings
When you are emailing invoices and other forms, ensure that the attachment:
- Isn’t a ZIP file
- The size doesn’t exceed 25 MB.
- The name doesn’t have special characters like (! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ – = + : “).
Next, move on to verify the print and PDF settings while sending the email, and ensure that it is in this format.
- Verify Adobe Acrobat/ Reader Settings
Check these settings in Adobe Acrobat Reader and make sure you select the following options in each.
Size: Actual Size
Choose paper source by PDF page size: On
- Verify Browser Settings
- For Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three-dot menu.
- Select Settings. Browse the list to find Advanced.
- Click on Advanced and then Content Settings.
- Select PDF Documents.
- Locate the Download PDF Files option and turn it off.
- Now, log in to the company files and try sending the forms again.
See if your QuickBooks Online Delivery Server Down error issue is resolved.
- For Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the menu and select Options.
- Location Applications, and click on it.
- Open the Content Type option and search Portable Document Format or PDF.
- Open the drop-down menu Action, and select Use Adobe Acrobat Reader (default).
- Log in to the company files and resend the forms.
6. Verify The Sales Form Email Option
Check your attachment settings during emailing sales forms in QuickBooks online and update it according to the steps below.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Accounts and Settings and then Sales.
- Open Online Delivery, and check or uncheck the PDF Attached option.
- Click on Save, and then Done.
Now try to send the invoices and forms and check if the QuickBooks Delivery server down error is resolved.
Seek Technical Assistance!
The above methods should help you resolve the QuickBooks Delivery server down the error. However, it can be tricky to pinpoint the reason for the delivery server down, and there are chances that the error might persist after trying the troubleshooting methods. It is recommended to let a technical expert resolve the issue. Contact us at our asquare cloud hosting helpline number at +1(855)-738-0359 and allow our team to take care of the error for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- Why am I getting delivery error on QuickBooks?
Ans- QuickBooks Delivery server down error could be due to the incorrect format used in the invoices or attachments or due to discrepancies in the email settings. Scroll up and explore our guide on how to resolve Delivery Server error in QuickBooks Online.
Q- How do I fix delivery issues in QuickBooks?
Ans- It is a multi-step process to fix QuickBooks online delivery server down error and includes verifying email settings, and format, invoice format, and more. Consult our troubleshooting guide and follow the methods listed above to resolve the issue.
Q- Why is my QuickBooks not connecting to the server?
Ans- If QuickBooks Online is facing a Delivery server error, there are problems with your email settings or invoice format. To resolve the invoices not sending in QuickBooks online issue, follow the abovementioned steps.