Learn What is QuickBooks error 6000, 80?
At times, while trying to open, restore, or backup a company file, this can be due to the QuickBooks Error code 6000 80. This error is quite convenient to pick because it can be detected on local as well as network setup. In this error, you won’t be able to restore, open, or even backup your company file. It occurs when QuickBooks fails to communicate with a company file that you have stored on the network. Whenever the error 6000/80 occurs, it halts all the ongoing tasks, and therefore an error message flashes on your screen.
“Error 6000, 80: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.”
It suggests that the error took place while you are trying to access the company file, and thus you need to close the software. Several other reasons can evoke this QuickBooks multi-user error 6000 80. If you are looking for solutions that can help you eliminate it, you must stick to this blog till the end.
If QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file due to error 6000 80 in QuickBooks Desktop? Connect with one of our skilled and experienced experts at the Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1(855)-738-0359. They will guide and assist you with the handiest solutions.
What are the Main Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80?
You will have to identify the main cause of the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80. This is going to provide ease to you, after which selecting the best solution will become possible. Here are a few common causes of this issue.
- One reason might be that the hosting is enabled on several computers. And those on which QuickBooks run over the Network for your QuickBooks company file.
- You might have restored or converted your QuickBooks Data over a network locally. And thus end up with QuickBooks error error_6000 80.
- QuickBooks cannot establish communication with the company file that is stored on either the Host or Server computer..
- There might be a possibility that the file size you just saved is too huge to that of the corresponding .TLG (Transaction Log File).
- Your QuickBooks Company File must be damaged or corrupted due to any reason.
- This problem can also be caused when the QB software is unable to communicate with the Intuit server. Maybe due to the firewall or any third-party software.
What are the common signs of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80?
Once you are able to identify the cause, or maybe you aren’t able to do that. Just have a look at these signs and symptoms to check if any of these work for your problem.
- If you are unable to open your company file, it means you might be bugged with this error.
- A window message that speaks about this issue can also be a straightforward indication.
- If your Quickbooks Desktop is unresponsive and there are lags while working on it.
- By any chance, if your Windows has also become sluggish, that means you are bugged with QB error code 6000 80.
- If your screen crashes over and over whenever you open a new window.
How To Fix QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 80?
Apart from being the derivative of the QB multi-user environment, Error_6000 80 takes place in QuickBooks Single-user mode. Don’t panic after reading that. It’s easier to fix Intuit QB Error 6000, 80. For that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
Note: We suggest you first update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release before fixing any issues. Also, run QuickBooks File Doctor to troubleshoot problems related to company file and network issues.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Data File Diagnostic Tool
The tool will help you in detecting damage in the company file. It won’t help you repair the data damage, but it will surely help you detect the data in your data.
- At first, download and run the QuickBooks Data File Diagnostic Tool in Administrative mode.
- If the tool reports some damages in the QuickBooks Company File, you can try out either of the two options.
- Recover your damaged data using QB Auto Data Recovery (ADR).
- Try restoring a backup that you took a day before when the error took place.
If you end up with QuickBooks Error message code 6000 80, it means that your company file has developed severe damages, and thus, you need to try out other resolution methods.
Solution 2: Copy the File to the Local Drive
- In the first place, search and copy the backup file (.qbb file extension) that you had taken a day before when the error took place in your local drive.
- Then, you have to restore the backup to the local drive in a folder.
- After that, open and verify the company file that you want to update.
- Further, copy the file back to its original location and overwrite the existing one before proceeding with it.
- Lastly, try to open the file once again and see if any error pops up or not.
If you receive an error message “No problem detected in QuickBooks Company File,” display on your screen even after following the above methods. Jump to the next solution.
Solution 3: Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000 80 Manually
- You must update QB as per the latest available version and make sure to select your product.
- Click on the option choose a different product if you haven’t.
- Select one amongst Automatic updates and Manual updates and follow the instructions for the same.
If the error persists even after updating the QB version, follow the next step.
- If required, you can go through the Firewall and internet security updates.
- Visit the official website of Microsoft for verifying the Firewall configuration process.
Jump to the next step, if the QuickBooks company file error 6000 80 has not been resolved after following the above step.
Read more: Windows Firewall Is Blocking QuickBooks? Here’s How To Fix It.
- Navigate to set up folder permissions for sharing the QB company file. Ensure that you set up the permissions appropriately.
- Then, you have to place the QB permissions.
For creating the .ND file, you must scan the folder where you have stored your company file. It stores all your host files in the computer.
- Firstly, click on Windows, followed by Programs.
- Then, open QuickBooks and click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now, click on the option Add Folder available in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager window. then, move to the folder that has QB company files.
- Once you have added all the folders, click on Scan.
- Under QuickBooks company files found, Click on Close.
- Lastly, browse the folder that has all the company files and make sure that .QBW.ND file was created with each company data file.
Solution 4: Check the Hosting for Accessing QB files
- Go to the system where you have stored your company file.
- If the server installs only on your host computer, then you must move the copy file to another location.
- Open QB and the company file that receives an error message:
- If you are able to open the company file then, you must verify it.
- If you cannot, then you must proceed to the option copy file to another location.
- Further, you may also go ahead and rebuild your company file.
Solution 5: Copy File to a Different Location
- Firstly, open the folder that contains the QB company file.
- Then, right-click on the file name and click on copy.
- On your Windows desktop, right-click on an empty area and click on paste.
- Further, open QB followed by the company file on your desktop.
- You must restore a recently backed up company file.
- Share your company file with our recovery team.
- Rename the file by adding OLD or DAMAGED at the end of it. Then, open the folder that contains your original company file.
- Shut QuickBooks and right-click on the company file available on your desktop and click on copy.
- After that, go to the folder where you have stored your company file.
- In the folder window, right click on an empty area and click on Paste.
- Lastly, open QB and then the company file from its original location.
Solution 6: Try removing the extra space form the company file extension
So, one of the easiest ways to get rid of this error 6000 80 from QB is to simply remove the spaces. You will have to check for the spaces before and after the Company file extension and company name respectively. Here is what you will have to do.
- Log off from your Quickbooks Desktop from all the devices connected in the multi-user mode.
- Next, you will have to open the folder where the company file is saved on your system.
- Now, you need to right-click on that folder with the company file and select “Rename.”
- Next, you will have to simply select the file name and check if there are any spaces.
- You need to check for that in the file name as well as the extension.
- After this, try to open your company file once again.
Solution 7: Turning off the hosting from every computer
You will have to simply turn off the hosting from every computer where Quickbooks is installed. It is quite easy to follow and here is what has to be done.
- For those using Quickbooks in the Single User Mode:
Note: If you turn off the hosting mode, you will be disabling the multi-user access.
- Open your Quickbooks Desktop and simply follow the navigation given below.
- File-> Utilities-> Stop Hosting Multi-user access.
- Whenever the “Stop hosting multi-user access” appears, you will have to click on “yes.”
- And when the “company file must be closed” option appears, you will have to select “Yes.”
- For those using Quickbooks in the Multi-User Mode
Note: This usually happens when either one or more client computers are set up incorrectly. And they host multi-user access. Here is what you need to do if this condition fits your situation.
- On every computer where you will find this error message:
- Look for the “No Company Open” window and then choose the “File” option. Then you will have to select “Utilities.”
- Now, you will have to confirm the menu option to be “host multi-user access” on the screen.
- There will be one or more computers where you will see “stop hosting multi-user access,” and this implies that they are already on the multi-user access.
- Now, you will have to simply select the “stop hosting multi-user access” option on the computers with the message “stop hosting multi-user access.”
- And now, you will just have to try opening the files again. Your login window will now display the issue. If not, your problem is solved.
Solution 8: Use the Quick Fix my program feature on the client’s computer
Here is how you can automate the solution to a great extent. Just follow these simple solution steps.
- Firstly, you will have just to download and then install the most recent version of Quickbooks Tools Hub on your client’s desktop.
- You will have to launch the tools hub and use the Quickbooks File Doctor from the list of options.
- In the Tool Hub, you will have to select “program problems” and then choose “QuickFix my Program.”
- Now check whether you are still facing this problem or not.
Solution 9: Switch to “hosting local” and “remote file” mode in multi-user access
This might be a tricky solution but it will surely help you in fixing the problem. So, here is what you will have to follow.
- Open your Quickbooks Desktop and also press the “F2” button on your keyboard.
- This will open the product information window on your screen.
- You need to verify it under the “local server information” at the bottom of your window.
- And then, check whether the “hosting” on your device is set on local files only or not.
- Then just choose the “File” option on your QB desktop. And then click “Switch to multi-user mode.”
- Now, you will have to open your company file on the network computer.
- Once the company files are open, you will again have to click on the “F2” button on your keyboard.
- Now, again you will have to verify the local server information, which is there at the bottom of your window. Make sure that hosting is set to local files only.
Need Help To Fix QuickBooks Multi-User Error 6000 80
We hope that the troubleshooting methods listed above would have helped you eliminate QuickBooks Error code 6000 80. You might come across a situation where you wouldn’t resolve the Intuit Error Code 6000 80 QuickBooks even after implementing the resolution methods. In that case, we suggest you get in touch with our certified professionals by placing a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359. They are available round the clock to assist you.
Related Search Term
I am Getting Error Code 6000 80, Unable to Open Company File Getting Error 6000 80, QuickBooks company file access error 6000 80,