At times, while trying to open, restore, or backup a company file, you might come across QuickBooks Error code 6000 80 and fail to do the above. It occurs when QuickBooks fails to communicate with a company file that you have stored on the network. Whenever the error 6000/80 occurs, it halts all the on-going tasks, and therefore an error message flashes on your screen.
It suggests that the error took place while you are trying to open the company file, and thus you need to close the software. Several other reasons can evoke this QuickBooks multi-user error 6000 80. If you are looking for solutions that can help you eliminate it, you must stick to this blog till the end.
If QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file due to error 6000 80 in QuickBooks Desktop? Connect with our skilled and experienced expert at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1(855)-738-0359. Our experts will assist you with the handiest solutions.
5 Main Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80?
Below, we have mentioned the major reasons that trigger the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80:
- Hosting is enabled on several computers that run QuickBooks over the Network for your QuickBooks company file.
- You might have restored or converted your QuickBooks Data over a network locally and thus end up with QuickBooks error error_6000 80.
- QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file that is stored on the Host or Server computer.
- There might be a possibility that the file size is too huge or the corresponding. TLG (Transaction Log File).
- Your QuickBooks Company File must be damaged.
How To Fix QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 80?
Apart from being the derivative of the QB multi-user environment, Error_6000 80 takes place in QuickBooks Single-user mode. Don’t panic after reading that. It’s easier to fix Intuit QB Error 6000, 80. For that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
Note: We suggest you first update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release before fixing any issues. Also, run QuickBooks File Doctor to troubleshoot problems related to company file and network issues.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Data File Diagnostic Tool
The tool will help you in detecting damage in the company file. It won’t help you repair the data damage, but it will surely help you detect the data in your data.
- At first, download and run the QuickBooks Data File Diagnostic Tool in Administrative mode.
- If the tool reports some damages in the QuickBooks Company File, you can try out either of the two options.
- Recover your damaged data using QB Auto Data Recovery (ADR).
- Try restoring a backup that you took a day before when the error took place.
If you end up with QuickBooks Error message code 6000 80, it means that your company file has developed severe damages, and thus, you need to try out other resolution methods.
Solution 2: Copy the File to the Local Drive
- In the first place, search and copy the backup file (.qbb file extension) that you had taken a day before when the error took place in your local drive.
- Then, you have to restore the backup to the local drive in a folder.
- After that, open and verify the company file that you want to update.
- Further, copy the file back to its original location and overwrite the existing one before proceeding with it.
- Lastly, try to open the file once again and see if any error pops up or not.
If you receive an error message “No problem detected in QuickBooks Company File,” display on your screen even after following the above methods. Jump to the next solution.
Solution 3: Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000 80 Manually
Update QuickBooks as per the latest release
- You must update QB as per the latest available version and make sure to select your product.
- Click on the option choose a different product if you haven’t.
- Select one amongst Automatic updates and Manual updates and follow the instructions for the same.
If the error persists even after updating the QB version, follow the next step.
Configure company files for firewall or security software
- If required, you can go through the Firewall and internet security updates.
- Visit the official website of Microsoft for verifying the Firewall configuration process.
Jump to the next step, if the QuickBooks company file error 6000 80 has not been resolved after following the above step.
Check permissions for accessing the company file
- Navigate to set up folder permissions for sharing the QB company file. Ensure that you set up the permissions appropriately.
- Then, you have to place the QB permissions.
Scan the QB company files
For creating the .ND file, you must scan the folder where you have stored your company file. It stores all your host files in the computer.
- Firstly, click on Windows followed by Programs.
- Then, open QuickBooks and click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now, click on the option Add Folder available in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager window. then, move to the folder that has QB company files.
- Once you have added all the folders, click on Scan.
- Under QuickBooks company files found, Click on Close.
- Lastly, browse the folder that has all the company files and make sure that .QBW.ND file was created with each company data file.
Solution 4: Check the Hosting for Accessing QB files
- Go to the system where you have stored your company file.
- If the server installs only on your host computer, then you must move the copy file to another location.
- Open QB and the company file that receives an error message:
- If you are able to open the company file then, you must verify it.
- If you cannot, then you must proceed to the option copy file to another location.
- Further, you may also go ahead and rebuild your company file.
Solution 5: Copy File to a Different Location
- Firstly, open the folder that contains the QB company file.
- Then, right-click on the file name and click on copy.
- On your Windows desktop, right-click on an empty area and click on paste.
- Further, open QB followed by the company file on your desktop.
There might be data damage if the 6000 error QuickBooks message still occurs:
- You must restore a recently backed up company file.
- Share your company file with our recovery team.
If the company file opens, then you must copy it back to its original location:
- Rename the file by adding OLD or DAMAGED at the end of it. Then, open the folder that contains your original company file.
- Shut QuickBooks and right-click on the company file available on your desktop and click on copy.
- After that, go to the folder where you have stored your company file.
- In the folder window, right click on an empty area and click on Paste.
- Lastly, open QB and then the company file from its original location.
Need Help To Fix QuickBooks Multi-User Error 6000 80
We hope that the troubleshooting methods listed above would have helped you eliminate QuickBooks Error code 6000 80. You might come across a situation where you wouldn’t resolve the Intuit Error Code 6000 80 QuickBooks even after implementing the resolution methods. In that case, we suggest you get in touch with our certified professionals by placing a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1(855)-738-0359. They are available round the clock to assist you.
Related Search Term
I am Getting Error Code 6000 80, Unable to Open Company File Getting Error 6000 80, QuickBooks company file access error 6000 80,