QuickBooks Update error 15243 is generally caused because your Intuit file copy service (FCS) is inactive. The FCS service works in the background once you download an update. It is responsible for initiating and executing the downloaded update. You cannot update your application because of this error and it also affects your payroll service.
QuickBooks Update error 15243 leads to problems in updating your application. If you are facing a similar situation, just reach out to our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number and they will fix it for you.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15243
QuickBooks Error 15243 generally arises while trying to update your application. The reasons for it are as follows:-
- Your QuickBooks installation was either damaged or incomplete.
- Your application data got corrupted in the Windows registry.
- Intuit FCS service is inactive.
- Anti-virus software prevents the download process.
Troubleshooting for QuickBooks Error Code 15243
The primary step to fix QuickBooks error code 15243 is backing up your company file. Regardless of what method you choose, creating a backup ensures that your data remains safe. The troubleshooting methods involve enabling your FCS service, refreshing your connection by revalidating the payroll service key, repairing your QuickBooks desktop application, and clean installing QuickBooks Desktop. It is advisable to follow these methods in the sequence mentioned below. Let’s look at these solutions in detail: –
Method 1: Activating QuickBooks Desktop FCS
The FCS service plays a crucial role in updating your application as it initiates and executes the update process. Your downloaded update will not process if FCS is inactive. These are the steps you need to follow to activate it:-
- Press the Windows+R key and the Run window will appear.
- Now type COMPMGMT.MSC in the window and tap on OK.
- The Computer Management window should open up. Click on Services and Applications.
- Tick mark Services box.
- Search for Intuit QuickBooks FCS and click on it twice.
- Go to startup type and select Manual.
- Now tap on Apply.
- Finally click on OK.
It is advisable to go through with the next method too, as it will ensure that the payroll service is working fine.
Method 2- Revalidate your Payroll Service Key
You should refresh your connection with payroll services after activating FCS services, as it ensures that your payroll services are up to date. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Go to the Employees menu and select My Payroll Service.
- Click on Activate Service Key.
- Select the current payroll in the Service key window and tap on Edit.
- Now keep on clicking Next until you see Finish and then click on it too.
Now rerun the application and check if the error is resolved.
Method 3- Repair File Damage through Quick Fix My Program
Damage in your company file is one big reason for QuickBooks Update Error 15243. You can easily fix minor damage by using Quick Fix my program tool. It is available in the QuickBooks Tool Hub. These are the steps you need to follow: –
Note:- You will have to download the QB ToolHub standalone application if it is not available as an inbuilt feature in your application.
- Run QuickBooks Tool Hub application and go to Program Problem
- Tap on Quick Fix my Program.
- Wait for it to complete the process, and then rerun your QBD application.
- Open your Company file and check if you can access all the features.
Method 4- Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
The Clean Install tool helps clean off all the remaining QuickBooks files after uninstalling it. It ensures that the previous installation files do not interfere in running your application when you reinstall it. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Download the QuickBooks Clean Install tool from a credible source and install it on your system.
- Now press the Windows Start button and click on the Control panel.
- Select Programs and Features or Uninstall A Program.
- Choose your version of QuickBooks application you want to uninstall from the list.
- Tap on Uninstall/Change and then click on Remove. Now click on Next.
Note:- Sign out and sign back in from the admin account if you don’t see this option.
- Run the Clean Install application and use it.
- Now go to Intuit’s official website and download your QuickBooks application version.
- Install it on your system and check if QuickBooks Update Error 15243 is fixed.
Allow experts to help you fix QuickBooks Update Error 15243
QuickBooks update error 15243 usually creates problems in updating your application. We hope that the above methods will help you fix it. You can download the latest version from the web and install it after uninstalling the version you are using. However, it should be your last option. If your errors are still not resolved, we advise you to contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team and they will guide you with advanced troubleshooting options.